Soundcardstrut

Guantanamo_JonesGuantanamo_Jones 177 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I am looking to get a soundcard for my laptop so i can sample while I am on the go, does anyone who has been in my situation have any suggestions for what I should be lookin at? My main purpose will to be sample records while I am travelling via portable and pre-amp as well as taking field recordings.peace

Comments

• What sort of budget are you talking about? There are some really good deals around at the moment, including cheap and cheerful ones from Behringer, Edirol, M-Audio and Terratec. If it's for your laptop, the smaller the better, and although a PCMCIA one will give better specs, they're not the best if you wanna use it across a few computers. For field recordings you may be better off with a dedicated recorder or even an md and mic, because lugging your laptop, soundcard and mic and trying to record at the same time is tricky and cumbersome unless you just want to sit and do it.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    anyone have some more suggestions on an external usb soundcard i'd appreciate it

• arkark 9 Posts
    i've got a tascam US-122L usb 2.0 soundcard/audio/midi interface. It works really well and is about the size of a small book. It wasn't expensive, and will definately hold me through untill i go pro tools rack set-up

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I just got myself a RME Fireface 400 firewire interface, dope gear.
    If you are on a budget I'd get the Forusrite Saffire LE.