Samantha Ronson vs. Jamie Foxx diss

DongerDonger 854 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
More weird celebrity beef no one should care about, but I still manage to find this shit funny:"In vegas to dj- bored coz i don't gamble- well i do a little- but i try not to when i have too much time on my hands- it can get a little dangerous.... anyway- i dj'd a party last night to kick off grammy sh*t.... the party was thrown by people mag and red bull and the grammys.... josh kelly, five for fighting and fergie performed... josh kelly was dope and fergie did a great job- i was told it was her first solo performance....jamie foxx kinda mc'd the event... which to be honest was really annoying- he's funny for about 3 minutes- then it's just self indulgent look at me sh*t.... i was on break during the shows but his annoying entourage kept telling me to play lame songs for him to joke around to- that was not the first time. he is notorious for hijacking the microphone and then harrassing the dj- it's all planned out too which is even worse- his little butt boy comes up to me and says to play certain songs- jamie foxx will then feign modesty and then sing his part of gold digger- it's annoying. his entrance into any space that i am dj'ing in literally strikes fear and annoyance into my heart- mainly annoyance- the fear is from wondering if people at the club will then judge my dj'ing based on his choices.... yuck!!! horrifying!!! although i have to say there was one highlight- he was reading index cards to present the different performers and when the five for fighting guy was coming on stage he was supposed to say "phenomenal" which he actually pronounced as PUHEEEENOMENAL! wow!!"I hate celebs that walk into a room and start trying to tell the DJ what to do.Anyone ever DJ an event where a rapper shows up, an his entourage starts demanding you play every f*cking somg they've ever recorded?

Comments

• i hate nyc socialites that swear they can spin records. get a job bitch.

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    He probably needed to hear some of his botched early nineties efforts to get the picture he is certainly

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Oh, and that other BEEZY deserves "NO COMMENT". EFFFF 'EM BOTH!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I met Jamie Foxx about 5years ago in Las Vegas while I was DJing, and I honestly can say that he was teh coolest dude I've met in that circumstances. Not only did he get the party started with him and him homies, but they kept the party moving for real, had the waitress bring me a bottle of champagne, tipped me $100 at the end of the night. Real good dude.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    About 6 months ago, I went to Body English at the Hard Rock with some friends. Jamie Foxx was in the top VIP area and people were shouting at him. We stole some attention from him for a bit with our BBOY circle, and he came down and started clowning like was a popper.. Real funny dude.

As far as Samantha Ronson... well, I'd sure like to see her brother Dj here.

- spidey

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Haha, the funny thing is my interaction with Jamie happened at when I was DJing at Baby's, which was the previous incarnation of Body English. The more things change, I guess...

... and yeah, no offense against Sam, but I'm not even going to approach that subject.

Sayin'! What the fuck is she mad about? She should be glad she's even in those situations. Jamie Foxx busted his ass in hollywood just to even get his foot the door and here we have somebody that basically didn't have to do anything except be born, accept everything that is handed to her, and basically roll in her little circle.

Jamie Foxx Show, In Living Colour, Ray, Oscar Award, BOOTY CALL > Celebrity DNA

And word her brother is dope deejay and a producer....I heard he's a nice guy as well.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This post has 10 responses too many.

• I met Jamie Foxx about 5years ago in Las Vegas while I was DJing, and I honestly can say that he was teh coolest dude I've met in that circumstances. Not only did he get the party started with him and him homies, but they kept the party moving for real, had the waitress bring me a bottle of champagne, tipped me $100 at the end of the night. Real good dude.

Oh shit, that was you?! Jamie Foxx came through the club I play at a year ago (matter of fact, almost exactly a year ago). In motherfucking TUCSON! My DJ partner was playing at the time. I was actually gonna stay home that night but my boy called me saying their was a rumor that Jamie Foxx was gonna show and asked me to bring "Gold Digger."

Sure enough, he came through with his little entourage. His boy came up asking for a mic but we didn't have one so we hooked up an extra pair of headphones old school houseparty-style. My boy dropped "Gold Digger" and Jamie came up in the booth and had my boy stop the record so he could sing the intro. It was pretty exciting. He stayed in the booth with us for about 30-40 minutes giving shout-outs and singing along to whatever my boy played. It's a pretty small booth so my boy had to work around Jamie. Poor dude. How you gonna tell Jamie Foxx to get the fuck out the way when everyone's attention is on him? When he was done he bought a round of Sex On The Beach for all the ladies and posted up in the V.I.P.

I told my boy afterwards that he had tipped $100 to somebody on Soulstrut and that hopefully he would do it again. No dice. All we got was a pound and a thank you.

Oh well...

(That's my boy - DJ Bonus - in the striped sweater and glasses. I was off to the left and didn't come out in these pics.)

Herm

• who is samantha ronson?

my moms won these luxury box tix to see jamie foxx on NYE from a raffle, but she doesn't want to use them. i hope she can collect some loot for that on craigslist

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    samantha ronson = brother of mark ronson whose best song is that ghostface and nate dogg track where ghost makes the slot machine noises.

they're socialite DJs I think, right? Something like that. Mark was Diddy's party DJ for a while. I think Samantha had something to do with Rocawear or something for a minute too?? I donno, but I like Jamie Foxx, generally. His rap album collabs have been pretty hit or miss but "Unpredictable" was a pleasant song and obviously yeah he's been a funny dude for a long time who worked his way up.

Don't need to hear Gold Digger ever again, though.

• samantha ronson = brother of mark ronson whose best song is that ghostface and nate dogg track where ghost makes the slot machine noises.

You should check out his album I think you of all people could appreciate it. Aside from the song with the dude from Weezer the whole album is pretty good. And from a producers point-of-view the way everything sounds was real dope.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

they're socialite DJs I think, right?

Mark is a DJ.

• As far as Samantha Ronson... well, I'd sure like to see her brother Dj here.

I'm here...TRUST.

• Ha...awesome. Where's Dan Savage? Where's Sleuther Vandross? Where's Egon's Nascar Roots?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    i believe Samantha was signed as some kind of singer songwriter to Rocafella by Dame "sign anything that moves" Dash. The Ronson's popularity stems from being able to hook up these rapper dudes parties with white model bitches.

• I don't know Samantha Ronson, but Mark ronson is a really dope DJ. Been doing it for a minute an I can't really knock him. I saw him a couple times here in LA and he ran through records/tracks like it was going out of style, but made it sound good.

And yeh he caters to that bratpack/yuppie/hollywood socialite crowd now but thats where the the dough is and he hasn't always done that.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I did a Gary Payton party with Biz once and Jamie Foxx was there. He was cool as could be with me. On another note yes, mark ronson is a dope dj. I wish i could have caught up with him when he was out my way on promo tour for his record a while back. Samantha is his sister and I have never heard her play so therefore I can not comment on her. Why a lot of djs/people seem to hate on Mark and AM I will never figure out? They're good dudes and have paid there dues and rock the hell out of parties.

• I did a Gary Payton party with Biz once and Jamie Foxx was there. He was cool as could be with me.

Perhaps he could teach Kanye a thing or two?

• samantha ronson = brother of mark ronson whose best song is that ghostface and nate dogg track where ghost makes the slot machine noises.

oh wee is a pretty dope cut. I actually like Mark Ronson - Here comes the Fuzz or whatever his joint was called. Not bad over all. Plus I heard he did production for Amy Winehouse's album and the cut that is getting all the radio play now with Ghost on it is hot as shit. Over all dude isn't that bad of a producer.