Mail Order Brides

Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Any advice? Anecdotes?

Comments

• yeah, try before you buy

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    yes, after you are done unpacking the bitch, act like you don't give a fuck. Don't rush. After a few hours, say something like "Would you like to join me in the lounge area?" Be sure to have a lounge aerea in your house first. Once you get there, inspect her to see if she is in the condition described by the seller. Clean her and file her with the others.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    yes, after you are done unpacking the bitch, act like you don't give a fuck. Don't rush. After a few hours, say something like "Would you like to join me in the lounge area?" Be sure to have a lounge aerea in your house first. Once you get there, inspect her to see if she is in the condition described by the seller. Clean her and file her with the others.

JLR is

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Have them mail her to the house across the street. So you can check her out first. If she's not ugly you can claim her as your own. If she's a dog let your neighbor have her.

• And weren't kids just wondering where all the women of the strut went?
    Wonder no more.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I've never heard of a dude and his mail order bride living happily ever after....stay away.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

And weren't kids just wondering where all the women of the strut went?
    Wonder no more.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts

LMAO!

• salviasalvia 279 Posts

And weren't kids just wondering where all the women of the strut went?
    Wonder no more.

yeah, if you act like women have no humour, i'm sure they don't feel at home here.

• Here is a paper I wote over the summer ( its akward because the professor made us write that way or he took points off).

Steve Thompson

6/10/06

The Ideology of a Russian Bride

In this paper I will show how the website DatingWorld.com engages in the ideals of nationalism, sexism, and essentialism through the use of attractive pictures of Russian brides, descriptions of their national backgrounds, statements of their likes and dislikes, and descriptions of the common Russian woman.

The information presented on the website???s home page consists of a description of what services they offer. It clearly states that DatingWorld.com offers a service of matching single Russian women with male counterparts in Europe and America for marriage. Adorning the homepage is a picture with a collage of photographs of attractive women, presumably available brides. The website is easy to navigate with links along the top of the page as well as along the left side. There are multiple flags of different countries that translate the page to other languages.

The intent of the website is for men to join so they can have access to each women???s contact information including their e-mail address, physical address, and telephone number. The membership options range from one month for $70 to one year for $100. Membership also includes an English-Russian e-mail translation service.
    The first example of nationalism happens in the first paragraph where it states these women are searching for a better life in a western country. This assumes that life in Russia is sub par when compared to life in Europe or America. In reality it could be possible to many that western life consists of greed and low family standards, which is not an advantage to someone who enjoys living in a self-sustaining village with a large extended family.

Also stated in the introduction to the site is that the women available are, ???the most beautiful, lovely, sexy, and intelligent women in the world.??? This is an ideological example of essentialism. Wikipedia.org defines essentialism as, ???the belief and practice centered on a philosophical claim that for any specific kind of entity it is at least theoretically possible to specify a finite list of characteristics, all of which any entity must have to belong to the group define??? (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essentialism). This stated list of characteristics describes what attributes society deems appropriate for attractive women to have.

DatingWorld.com???s homepage also presents sexism by not offering the same dating services to the opposite sex or of a different sexual orientation. Maybe there are lonely western women searching for male Russian partners. Also it is possible that a gay western man or women is looking for a gay Russian partner. All of these situations challenge this sexist ideal.

The women???s profile tab brings the visitor to a page of photographs of participating women. When one clicks on a photograph the women???s profile comes up. This is another example of sexism because photograph is seen as well as judged before reading the profile, which bases the choice on looks first.

Once a visitor has chosen an attractive prospective partner and is taken to their profile the following statistics are given: name, age, height, weight, country, city, education, profession, marital status, languages spoken, hobbies, self description, and ideal partner. As of right now there are 1,249 available profiles.

The link titled some good advice takes the visitor to a page with nineteen hints to help provide a successful experience. A couple pieces of information on this page include: do not send money, send your best picture, write to as many women as possible, and do not send pictures of material goods. The first hint, do not send money is another example of nationalism and sexism because it implies that the women are in need of money because they live in a poor country as well as need monetary help from a man because of being a woman. The next piece of advice to discuss is to send your best picture. This is another example of sexism because it bases the fact of whether or not she will be attracted to the male counterpart based on his looks. The following piece of advice, to write as many women as possible, is another example of sexism. This is exacerbating the sexist ideal that it is all right for a man to have multiple partners but not for women. The last hint stating not to send pictures of material items such as houses, cars, boats, etcetera gives in to the sexist ideal that women only seek money over attraction from a male partner.

Another tab at the top of the webpage is titled, ???Why marry a Russian girl???? This whole page is overflowing with sexist and nationalist ideals. The first statement on the page is, ???Russian ladies are family-oriented and they can be very good wives. They are but utterly sincere in their wish to meet their lifetime partner and soul mate??? (www.dating-world.net/why%20marry%20a%20russian%20girl.htm). The statement that all Russian women are family orientated and can be very good wives is an example of sexism and nationalism. Maybe some Russian brides are horrible wives and career orientated. The second sentence states that all Russian women are looking for their soul mate when in reality there are many who are not. Another quote from this page is, ???American and European gentlemen are dynamic, assertive, successful and romantic, which is perfect for a Russian girl. Many Russian girls appreciate the qualities of maturity and stability of elder people. Don't be put off by the age difference measured by the western standards??? (www.datingworld.net/why%20marry%20a%20russian%20girl.htm). This is another example of sexist and nationalist statements. Many American and European men are shy, boring, passive, and un-romantic. On top of that some Russian women do want a partner in their age bracket.

Overall the website DatingWorld.com participates in exacerbating nationalist, sexist, and essentialist ideologies towards Europeans, Americans, and Russians as well as male???s, female???s, and homosexuals.

BTW, I got an A on this

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    BTW, I got an A on this

A+

• Points off for citing Wikipedia...

• Mail order brides dont want you, or anyone who buys them.

They want to meet up with their serbian ex husband, and have him kill you in a weird love triangle, only she dont love you.

After all is said and done, shes gets your money, and her Ex hubby gets all your recoeds for Bean Dip and Kravlaki.

Then THEY live happily ever after, thats how mail order brides work.

For the money you pay, you get a woman that wants you..........dead.
    No sex, no Kids, No life of honor and tribute...Death.

She will call you "that stupid little man" or something like it.

Ill take 2 please.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

She will call you "that stupid little man".

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Points off for citing Wikipedia...

Points off for using the possessive -'s- in the last sentence too. Next time post your next paper here before you hand it in and I guarantee A+.

• lol, probably. it wasnt worth much and it was a 300 level class. i also wrote one on sex tours in thailand if anyone wants to read it...or wants advice on that.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I'm sorry, but that sounds like any wife, mail order or otherwise.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    They want to meet up with their serbian ex husband, and have him kill you in a weird love triangle

recoeds

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I'm sorry, but that sounds like any wife, mail order or otherwise.

So... you're married?