The French (eBay related)

shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
is anyone else having problems with french customers tripping about not recieving their packages?i have a couple that say they haven't recieved theirs yet, even though i sent them out in the middle of last month via airmail.are their customs offices tied up?anyone? bueller?

Comments

• Hi there,

I'm living in Paris and the post offices of my area are suffering severe strikes.
    Maybe that's the cause..

• I think I had one that took about a month, for no apparent reason. What did you put down as values on the customs forms?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    robert, thanks for that piece of info. it helps alot. my customers failed to disclose that info about the strikes.

and i think i declared like $10 each package, and listed them as gifts.

i hope it gets to them soon.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Hi there,

I'm living in Paris and the post offices of my area are suffering severe strikes.
    Maybe that's the cause..

Typical.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I just sent out two packages to France this afternoon. I hope they arrive on time.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    rarely has anything i have sent to france arrived "in time"
    and all of the times i have been stolen from as a seller was coincidently from francais'
    also of note all stolen goods were boogie/disco related and paid via paypal
    2 different buyers got me
    neva again

• I have heard of quite a few sellers complain of buyers say records have not arrived and they use paypal to get their money back. Unless the seller has proof of postage acceptable to paypal , paypal always sides with the buyer.
    In all cases the buyers were from France. Coinincidence???
    I think not.
    Jon

• rarely has anything i have sent to france arrived "in time"
    and all of the times i have been stolen from as a seller was coincidently from francais'
    also of note all stolen goods were boogie/disco related and paid via paypal
    2 different buyers got me
    neva again

Please name the people as you have the adress.. it would be interesting to know.

I have heard of quite a few sellers complain of buyers say records have not arrived and they use paypal to get their money back. Unless the seller has proof of postage acceptable to paypal , paypal always sides with the buyer.
    I think not.
    Jon

Crap.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Methinks it's time to update the eBay bidder blacklist.
    Anybody wish to chime in?
    Just recently added B>soulhunt/B> from Italy (surprise surprise) who backed out.

P.S. If anybody wants a Marlena Shaw "Live At Montreux" LP holler at me.

• I have heard of quite a few sellers complain of buyers say records have not arrived and they use paypal to get their money back. Unless the seller has proof of postage acceptable to paypal , paypal always sides with the buyer.
    I think not.
    Jon

I was talking about real name!
    Change of ebay alias is easy, you just need another computer I guess..

It's time to drop name if you don't want them to screw you or anyone else.

I have heard of quite a few sellers complain of buyers say records have not arrived and they use paypal to get their money back. Unless the seller has proof of postage acceptable to paypal , paypal always sides with the buyer.
    I think not.
    Jon

I was talking about real name!
    Change of ebay alias is easy, you just need another computer I guess..

It's time to drop name if you don't want them to screw you or anyone else.

Well, he hasn't screwed me yet, but it's starting to look like a possibility. I googled his address and it came up as a taxi service. If I do indeed get a chargeback (which I imagine would take a few weeks), I'll let you know the name and address.

• I've sent packages to France and haven't had a problem. Strangley the only country where I've had trouble is Great Britian! (and I've shipped to Brazil and Uruguay with no problems of the package never arriving!)

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    We do have one of the worse postal system in Europe man!!!! That's what it is...I've been experiencing it since the good old CDandLP days (like two/three years ago i think). If you need to send something in France, the only way to make sure shit is delivered is to use a private company like UPS or DHL. And do not fall away from that because as soon as you use the regular postal system, you may get fucked. There's many reasons, one being that people they hire to dispatch packages are mostly young people and borke people...they do watch what's inside a package and steal some all week long. The French postal services allows a quantity of stuffs to be stolen since they think it's part of life. Packages get lost, people steal...count 10% of packages that disappear like that each month. And it's not to count the everlasting strikes that occurs. "Going postal" means being on strike in France. OF course i exagerate when i say we have the worse system, because Bulgaria or Poland may surprise you too. But as far as France being an "elite" country along with UK, Germany, Spain, etc...we do have a por system, unreliabe and unfair (if you have to complain).

• We do have one of the worse postal system in Europe man!!!! That's what it is...I've been experiencing it since the good old CDandLP days (like two/three years ago i think). If you need to send something in France, the only way to make sure shit is delivered is to use a private company like UPS or DHL. And do not fall away from that because as soon as you use the regular postal system, you may get fucked. There's many reasons, one being that people they hire to dispatch packages are mostly young people and borke people...they do watch what's inside a package and steal some all week long. The French postal services allows a quantity of stuffs to be stolen since they think it's part of life. Packages get lost, people steal...count 10% of packages that disappear like that each month. And it's not to count the everlasting strikes that occurs. "Going postal" means being on strike in France. OF course i exagerate when i say we have the worse system, because Bulgaria or Poland may surprise you too. But as far as France being an "elite" country along with UK, Germany, Spain, etc...we do have a por system, unreliabe and unfair (if you have to complain).

man... that's awful! Spain's is pretty awful too

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    We do have one of the worse postal system in Europe man!!!! That's what it is...I've been experiencing it since the good old CDandLP days (like two/three years ago i think). If you need to send something in France, the only way to make sure shit is delivered is to use a private company like UPS or DHL. And do not fall away from that because as soon as you use the regular postal system, you may get fucked. There's many reasons, one being that people they hire to dispatch packages are mostly young people and borke people...they do watch what's inside a package and steal some all week long. The French postal services allows a quantity of stuffs to be stolen since they think it's part of life. Packages get lost, people steal...count 10% of packages that disappear like that each month. And it's not to count the everlasting strikes that occurs. "Going postal" means being on strike in France. OF course i exagerate when i say we have the worse system, because Bulgaria or Poland may surprise you too. But as far as France being an "elite" country along with UK, Germany, Spain, etc...we do have a por system, unreliabe and unfair (if you have to complain).

Man, that sounds like plenty of reason to not allow any bidders from France IMO... just not worth it

• Man, that sounds like plenty of reason to not allow any bidders from France IMO... just not worth it

I just got jerked by two frech cats and now I make all french buyers pay for registered as it's the surefire way not to get the paypal cash get refunded. Them cats know their postal system is shady, but they're mad quick to scream "gimme the loot."

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    yoigo, you're right...French are awful when it comes to bizness anyway. So you can't be blamed for being cautious.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I just got jerked by two frech cats and now I make all french buyers pay for registered as it's the surefire way not to get the paypal cash get refunded. Them cats know their postal system is shady, but they're mad quick to scream "gimme the loot."

Oh, so registered mail's admissible?
    It's like $8.00 registered for 1 LP right?