Willie Hightower

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Damn this is SO good, been listening to this alot lately. Big ol late pass... does he have any albums or primarily just 45's? thanks in advance...

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    He has a late 60's LP on Capitol, If I Had a Hammer.

Tried to find you a pic of it, but no dice.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I think the above comp is mostly material from If I Had a Hammer--it's an excellent album and I think is usually available for around $40.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Cool, thanks for the info guys. He seriously reminds me of the greats, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke etc... What a voice..

• He has a late 60's LP on Capitol, If I Had a Hammer.

I think the above comp is mostly material from If I Had a Hammer--it's an excellent album and I think is usually available for around $40.

In the eighties, Collectables put out a Willie Hightower compilation that probably has a lot of the same material on the newer anthology pictured above. Going by the graphic design, I think the Collectables album was a straight reissue of a 1960's LP on Fury, but I'm not totally sure...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Okay, so it turns out that that comp is the entirety of If I Had a Hammer, plus the following seven cuts:

Walk a Mile in My Shoes
    Back Road into Town
    You Used Me Baby
    Time Has Brought About a Change
    Poor Man
    I Can't Love Without You
    Because I Love You

• excellent record.