King Jammy's 8-disc set from VP Records

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I got sent an advance of this about a month ago: 4 two-disc sets and a one-hour DVD with some great interviews (and some incredible Ninja Man footage). This set is relentless; it's almost impossible to overstate Jammy's importance, and when you listen to all these songs and riddims together like this, it's pretty wild. Even if you're just a casual fan of early (or current) dancehall, you gotta check this out.

Comments

• whoa. When does this come out for us little dudes?

I want advances.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    a one-hour DVD with some great interviews (and some incredible Ninja Man footage).

A local cable station was showing this,i wondering where it was from.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Where is the "I want it now!" greamlin? Looks great do you know what the retail price is or release date??

• looks great - I do like some origami and black belt style dubs

• Where is the "I want it now!" greamlin? Looks great do you know what the retail price is or release date??

Release date: January 9, 2007.

Buy it now.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Where is the "I want it now!" greamlin? Looks great do you know what the retail price is or release date??

Release date: January 9, 2007.

Buy it now.

$22 per double CD and more for the DVD?

No reasonably-priced box set?

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I know this isn't Jammy-related (I mean, not concretely), but check this out:

I thought of you not too long ago when I was in Cholie's--this deeply sub-par pizza jernt staffed entirely by Hispanic folks--and I heard Tenor Saw's "Golden Hen" over the PA. Crazy, right? But save your fork, there's pie: It was the motherfucking remix! "Ticka-ticka-tock my golden dub / Mi plate straight to a soundbwoy's head / Make some bloind / and kill some dead..." And me without my air-horn. I asked the counter dude about it, but he kept saying "It's just the radio--just the radio!" I think I was making him nervous, so I let it go, but still. Definitely some of that Music You Never Expect To Hear Out In The World, you know?

On an even less related note, a million-dollar restaurant-franchise idea that I'm giving to you free, for nothing: R.V. O'Hogg's Olde Tyme Hyphery. "Buffet Area" b/w "SoupOrSaladWidIt."

You're welcome.