TM Strut....

iron_monkeyiron_monkey 985 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Question:Have any of you learned or practice Transcendental Meditation? David Lynch and Howard Stern both swear by it as being one of the greatest things they've ever gotten involved in. I did a little research and found out they charge $2500 bucks to learn the technique.... seems a bit suspect. Your thoughts?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Question:

Have any of you learned or practice Transcendental Meditation? David Lynch and Howard Stern both swear by it as being one of the greatest things they've ever gotten involved in. I did a little research and found out they charge $2500 bucks to learn the technique.... seems a bit suspect.

Your thoughts?

I can introduce you to some people that swear by botox too.

you ain't giving $2500 to learn TM your paying to be part of that dudes scam.

theres got to be a cheaper, more reasonable way to learn it

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Got weed?

• Question:

Have any of you learned or practice Transcendental Meditation? David Lynch and Howard Stern both swear by it as being one of the greatest things they've ever gotten involved in. I did a little research and found out they charge $2500 bucks to learn the technique.... seems a bit suspect.

Your thoughts?

Dude, that's what I'm thinking. Plus, there are many skeptics out there questioning the validity of the method. Just figured I'd ask y'all bout it. Thanks for the feedback...

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Question:

Your thoughts?

Dude, that's what I'm thinking. Plus, there are many skeptics out there questioning the validity of the method. Just figured I'd ask y'all bout it. Thanks for the feedback...

I was told to look it up on Google, roll a joint and listen to The Secret Life of Plants.

However, I don't know if I'm ready for Stevie Wonder.

• i'm pretty sure your meditation experts are going to say "just sit quietly for a while" as the key to any form of meditation.

the folls I know that are super into meditation all have their own little things but their advice always is: just start doing it and it doesn't matter how.

mebbe cop a book. if i had to drop 25 bills i would do so on a trip overseas to study meditation for cheaper.

• meditation is fine but you don't need to pay for it

sit up straight
    cross your legs (indian style or lotus doesn't matter)
    breath with your diaphragm
    concentrate on your breathing
    if shit gets running through your head let it come don't force it out just keep concentrating on your breath your head will eventually stop thinking about dumb shit
    repeat

all other shit ... mantras, levitation is just bullshit made for dudes to make money off you or for their own ego trip

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    meditation is fine but you don't need to pay for it

sit up straight
    cross your legs (indian style or lotus doesn't matter)
    breath with your diaphragm
    concentrate on your breathing
    if shit gets running through your head let it come don't force it out just keep concentrating on your breath your head will eventually stop thinking about dumb shit
    repeat

all other shit ... mantras, levitation is just bullshit made for dudes to make money off you or for their own ego trip

All you need to know right here. Mantras can be helpful though - when you're starting off some people find it easier to concentrate on a mantra than concentrating on their breathing. For $2500 I'd want a meet and greet with Buddha.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

Yoga Nidra

my 65 year old aunt does this everyday, sleeps 4 hours a day, and has enough energy to cook, clean, garden, and run a few activist groups in india.

she also has a few screws loose. but its a good experience. its similar to "restarting" your brain aka dumping all the info outta your "ram."

it calms me down, but you really ahve to do it regularly. book cost $20, i could get you one for much less if your interested. there are some "guided yoga nidra" cds that are worth checking out. shit works as long as you take all the cosmic mumbojumbo with a grain of weed.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Transcendental meditation
    Can emancipate the man
    A get you feeling grand

Fusion of
    The never changing wind
    The ever changing wind
    The never changing world
    It's good, it's good, it's good, it's good, it's good

Can emancipate the man