WATCH STRUT - what's grown and sexy?

Comments

• Shit with 25K I can open up BETTER RECORDS NYC!

Sheeeeyit, 25k? That ain't gonna open you up a fruit stand!

Beat me to it, though I was going to go with a simple but effective "no you can't".

What's up Sween?

I'm gonna be visiting Kevin on Wednesday... if you're in the area we should catch lunch. I should be free around noon.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    In regards to $25,000 watches:

Of course, that shit is ludicrous, but anyone that can afford it isn't tripping. If you can afford a $25,000 watch then you probably have a couple of them, one for each villa that you own. Things like this are just signifiers for the fact that some people on this planet operate on a level that most of us cannot conceive.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    THANK you for posting this, i couldnt remember for the life of me who made this watch...can you still get it? ive always wanted to hear how it sounds...never seen this color before...

young ko, there are like 3 on ebay right now... they are called Seiko Frequency

http://search.ebay.com/seiko-frequency_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

• i can't believe nobody bigged up breitling...

that's the actual size.

• In regards to $25,000 watches:

Of course, that shit is ludicrous, but anyone that can afford it isn't tripping. If you can afford a $25,000 watch then you probably have a couple of them, one for each villa that you own. Things like this are just signifiers for the fact that some people on this planet operate on a level that most of us cannot conceive.

Never that. What is that shit Aser wrote a year ago about time being the province of the lower class? That was one of the best paragraphs ever.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

this is my favorite and current watch...its by fossil with phillip starck...its relatively cheap, but looks classy, i like the negative display(i.e. where there's no black from the led is what the time is, i never saw that before), the font and the wrist strap is

on the original versions there werent peripherations sp? on the edges so the face would always get scratched...this version is called "hard starck" cause it has those peripherations, and it prevents the watch face from ever coming in contact with a surface, unless its small enough to fit through the gap which is rare. i think its a testament to brilliant problem solving where function leads to form and looks pretty tight in my opinion.

but i'm a fan of space looking watches...i like some of the ones posted on the rectangular tip.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Dude I rock 2 o.g. scratchable Starcks - a gunmetal one and a grey rubber one. The battery life is terd though and the shop where I got them don't sell the batteries. Apparently they use shrunken down radio active versions of Stark as power cells or something raerer. Unless they were b.s.ing me. Have you ever replaced the battery and if so, where?

BTW this is what I would have if I had the spare loot:

Some illness here:

http://70s-watches.com/n_to_z/index.html

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• I got the top one as an engagement gift from my fianc??. I got her a ring and she got me a watch. I fucking love it. Hamilton makes some really nice watches. Check out their web site.

• This one is dope too.

• I'd fuck with Bell and Ross probably. I have a Tag which my brother in law gave me because he couldn't read it. I like him!

Audemar Piguet makes beautiful watches. IWC too.

Dude I rock 2 o.g. scratchable Starcks - a gunmetal one and a grey rubber one. The battery life is terd though and the shop where I got them don't sell the batteries. Apparently they use shrunken down radio active versions of Stark as power cells or something raerer. Unless they were b.s.ing me. Have you ever replaced the battery and if so, where?

really?
    with my old one i changed the batteries twice...at a local flea market watch repair place. never got it fixed at the actual fossil store...they use regular batteries...the people u spoke with were probably dimwits.

• You can't hate on Breitling. I rock this one. Flashy it is not. Dope it very much is. That's how I roll.

Oh, and if you want some crazy bling on a watch and have mad bank, why stop at $25,000? You can cop a jewel-encrusted platinum Breitling Navitimer for only like $180,000, and if you want the super dope one with the most complicated movement ever designed you can drop $450,000 on the limited edition platinum version of the second watch below with the split second hand. Or you could just rock the watch pictured at the end. It got me by until I got signed by Puffy and fell the fuck off.

My watch:

• I chose that one cause its really hard to tell what time it is on it. Which i think should be a factor if you are gonna blow that much dough on a watch. You need the watch to say to people "bitch, i dont give a fuck what time it is.".

-(d/dt)[sin(t)]

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

Some illness here:

damn...........................................................that is a good looking watch.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Some illness here:

damn...........................................................that is a good looking watch.

I want one of these bad. I see they have cheap Tokyo Bay imitations of them floating about but it's not the same.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Never to drunk to notice xmas is round the corner

• You can cop a jewel-encrusted platinum

Men's watches with jewels look fucking stupid.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Brad and I use the same watch:

• Brad and I use the same watch:

Very nice.

I like this one.

Brad and I use the same wife...

some oddities:

^love this, dont like the accents

^these are interesting, u have to count the bars to tell the time...i dont like the straps though, but cool designs

• ^^^^^^^

Dude, those are ugly. The Diesel ones are alright though.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Some illness here:

I want one of these bad. I see they have cheap Tokyo Bay imitations of them floating about but it's not the same.

Yes that watch is fucking sweet. and yes, the tokyo bay ones are

but 650 english pounds is a lotta cheese and daipers aint cheap...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    also please to peep my fleamarket costume watch:

Yeah, just regarded the Tokyo Bay ones:

Gash. Which reminds me... regard the name of the .jpg

• Options

Shit with 25K I can open up BETTER RECORDS NYC!

Sheeeeyit, 25k? That ain't gonna open you up a fruit stand!

Beat me to it, though I was going to go with a simple but effective "no you can't".

What's up Sween?

I'm gonna be visiting Kevin on Wednesday... if you're in the area we should catch lunch. I should be free around noon.

Give me a call when you're done, I'll be working in the morning but might be off early depending on how the morning goes.

• Options
    You can cop a jewel-encrusted platinum

I don't know man, I had lunch with a friend who had on a Rolex with diamonds around the bezel and it was quite impressive.

Hamilton does make nice watches, I agree with you there. I have the Khaki one with the white face.

Own a Michael Kors and a Luminox too, but I only wear that one at work.

The Hublot Big Bang, and the the Big Bang II are pretty sweet as well.

• You can cop a jewel-encrusted platinum

you can say that two times. NAGL.