EAST COAST ALERT!! fucked up dealer shit

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
a lot of nyc and boston people know stinky steve as well as us philly/lancaster heads. well...the dude has done some trifling shit recently that i just caught wind of. we need to spread the word to stop some seriously fucked up shit from going down.steve was in the house of a philly jazz legend this last week. the guy used to run a famous jazz venue and had a serious jazz collection. well, besides records, this guy has cancer and diabetes and lives in john coltrane's old house. steve and he had not agreed on a price on a bunch of wax.so the guy, maybe due to his diabetes, nods off while steve is in the house. steve proceeds to steal 3 crates of heavyweight jazz albums, black jazz, strata east, etc.When confronted, steve denied it, saying there was no proof, and then runs from the guy (who isnt exactly in top shape, i imagine).if i catch him, im gonna drag him to that guys doorstep and tie him to the handrail.please dont buy a big strateast/black jazz/ill jazz album collection if it walks into your store or pops up at a record show/flea market near you!!! its thousands of dollars wort of wax, stolen from an elder. lets find a way to get this shit back to where it belongs. if you see steve with those records, call the philadelphia record exchange. they could get back to the owner.steve has gone too far and is violating...STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN!peace,t

Comments

• Weak and decidedly non "brotherly love" related. All the stories about this guy I've heard so far have been funny, but this is just shitty. Somebody give this guy some hurt.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I just forwarded this to the BlackCrack list,
    as many people on there deal with Stinky Steve.

Dudes in this game don't seem to understand that
    this shit gets around...do dirt and it WILL come
    back to you.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Fuck man... that sucks. Something tells me Mr. Tanaka at Lancaster Record Show will not care where mint promo Heath Brothers came from. You have my stinky Nick boycott.... primadonna bitch!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    That's some depressing shit...

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    why doesn't somebody just go to his house and take the shit back????

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    That's fucked up...but having met Stinky Steve I'm not surprised at all. Hopefully the records can be returned to their owner.

• why doesn't somebody just go to his house and take the shit back????

No house. Far as we know he lives out of his car and has a storage space somewhere. Tripledouble --I'll call Nick at Long in the Tooth, where Steve's mostly been selling these days. He's been banned from Beautiful World Syndicate for a couple months now.

Shithead called me just last week to tell me a mutual acquaintance had suddenly died. Wanted me to know the heaviness of it all had changed him, made him think hard about living life in an open, transparent, loving way...

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Shithead called me just last week to tell me a mutual acquaintance had suddenly died. Wanted me to know the heaviness of it all had changed him, made him think hard about living life in an open, transparent, loving way...
    He said the same thing to me

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    is stinky steve the dude who works at the shop on sansom?

• Shithead called me just last week to tell me a mutual acquaintance had suddenly died. Wanted me to know the heaviness of it all had changed him, made him think hard about living life in an open, transparent, loving way...

He said the same thing to me

Well he talked to you BEFORE he had the opportunity to steal a hot collection. duh.

• if i see stinky steve at the wood he gets a beatdown. that's some messed up shit.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    if i see stinky steve at the wood he gets a beatdown.

careful. i hear he's quite the wrestler.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Question for you Philly dudes......

The dealer I know as O.Z. was not in Austin this go round and I heard he was sick.... any news?? Hopefully it was nothing serious.

Thanks,

Rich

• I just forwarded this to the BlackCrack list,
    as many people on there deal with Stinky Steve.
    good move, i forgot abou ttelling small change

• Question for you Philly dudes......

The dealer I know as O.Z. was not in Austin this go round and I heard he was sick.... any news?? Hopefully it was nothing serious.

Thanks,

Rich

he was real sick for a while, but he bounced back and his still setting up and searching for vinyl.

• if i see stinky steve at the wood he gets a beatdown.

careful. i hear he's quite the wrestler.

yeah, full of fuckin threats and bluster.
    i got some appreciation for steve, but this shit is really wrong and my first reaction is that i wanted to beat his ass too.

its just sad all the way around. i still hope that dude norman can get his records back.

• I can think of at least one shady dealer Steve sells to who will buy this stuff in a heartbeat, so I doubt any of the records will be recovered.

• mark, call his ass out. if you give me a number and a name, i'll go regulate.

its already questionable to lowball unknowing heads

but to straight up rob dudes when they let you in their house is not acceptable. philly record community needs to rambo up on this one.

• that's fucked up. is stinky still wanted by the cops also?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    I can think of at least one shady dealer Steve sells to who will buy this stuff in a heartbeat, so I doubt any of the records will be recovered.

i spread the word around yesterday so diggers & dealers & store owners were warned

yeah, one of "those" dudes was at the show yesterday,
    bragging about his new travel buddy (stinky)
    i warned dude about the recent rip off
    & if any of those label turn up this week at dude's store
    tons of others now know the score

ps - i made the count cry

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i can't beleive we are 2 pages into this and we don't have a pic of THE GREAT SS
    last time i saw him he was whipping in and out of A-1
    going BEHIND[!!!!!} the counter -sorting thru lps then running in and out the store like a wirey meth fueled white trash freak

me and toshio just watched him for like 20 minutes,goofing on him and his hyperbot
    agitated dance thru the store
    rebounding back and forth from his apartment[car]
    clumsily bumping into and annoying the fuck out of A-1 's customers like a reckless black crack fueled tool
    energeticlly flagellating peices of other strangers broken dreams to fuel his own
    bizarre version of reality and survival
    someone needs to do a doc on him

• i can't beleive we are 2 pages into this and we don't have a pic of THE GREAT SS
    last time i saw him he was whipping in and out of A-1
    going BEHIND[!!!!!} the counter -sorting thru lps then running in and out the store like a wirey meth fueled white trash freak

me and toshio just watched him for like 20 minutes,goofing on him and his hyperbot
    clumsily bumping into and annoying the fuck out of A-1 's customers like a reckless black crack fueled tool
    energeticlly flagellating peices of other strangers broken dreams to fuel his own

wow. that was poetic.
    diplo has a lot of footage for a documentary he was trying to put together on him and the count. he has a shot of the silhouette of the count's dick goiter

tim, howd you make him cry????

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Yes....details plaese

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

this is actually some of the best modern poetry i have read this year......

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Yes....details plaese

BOB ELLIS IS THE COUNT tm

from an earlier message board ad :

""arbutis vol. firehouse (rt 1 near 695/95)
    see all the action in person this sunday !

been dodging moses' e-mails all week

"I do not understand why you are not replying to me . I have 2 more days to purchase thise raggae 45's or I will lose the whole load. Please reply. Count"

"I must make the purchase tomarrow in order not to lose this load. I am buying 500 of the 3,000 records for you"

"It's the Count-I tried to call you -someone else answered and said I had the wrong number. Did you give me a fake number or did I write it down wrong"

& just in from the most likely to be disappointed come sunday :
    "Tim,I have purchased for you 300 Raggae 45's and 10 -12". I will bring them to the arbutus show on sunday. Please be prepared to take delivery. Bob Ellis.[the count]" """

crusty the count was in tears (for real !) cause he wasn't gonna get paid, too baaad !

&
    just to keep on subject

""ralph - "And then, serial manipulator will not be able to hide from my scorn, wrath, and sharp elbows! "

"serial manipulator" wasn't there last month, who knows this time ""

SERIAL MANIPULATOR = the scented one's new road bud
    (the relationship has already come to a "tragic" end, who could have perdicted ?)

• &
    just to keep on subject

""ralph - "And then, serial manipulator will not be able to hide from my scorn, wrath, and sharp elbows! "

"serial manipulator" wasn't there last month, who knows this time ""

SERIAL MANIPULATOR = the scented one's new road bud
    (the relationship has already come to a "tragic" end, who could have perdicted ?)

I knew it. Birds of a motherfucking feather!