The Mingering Mike Book

13»

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Just ordered it. Looking forward to it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    But you can pre-order it on Amazon at a pretty good discount.

not that it matters, as i will order this anyway, but Amazon is listing the book as 'paperback'. will it come out in both hard/soft cover, or is this just a generic term Amazon is using? I would rather a hard cover if there will be 2 formats.

this book will be awesome. congrats.

I fought hard for a hardback, but budget constraints wouldn't allow it. Maybe the 2nd edition..

I actually prefer the format it's in to hardcovers of that size. It's a good size in that the work is very nicely represented but it is not strictly a coffee table/eye candy book. It's easy to handle, and a very handsome looking book just the way it is.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

not that it matters, as i will order this anyway, but Amazon is listing the book as 'paperback'. will it come out in both hard/soft cover, or is this just a generic term Amazon is using? I would rather a hard cover if there will be 2 formats.

I fought hard for a hardback, but budget constraints wouldn't allow it. Maybe the 2nd edition..

I actually prefer the format it's in to hardcovers of that size.

^^^^^CAN'T AFFORD HARDCOVERS

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I actually prefer the format it's in to hardcovers of that size.

^^^^^CAN'T AFFORD HARDCOVERS

You caught me.

I sound poor and strapped for personal library space.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    ^ The human scull is a little too try-hard. But hey, that room is mad decent.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I picked up my copy yesterday! Beautiful. I don't know if Dori or Jan Haux did the layout but it turned out great. Doesn't matter that it is not 12x12. Neal Strauss' intro is great, I'm only a few pages in, but enjoying every minute.

You need this.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    You need this.

The more I look at it, the more I realize: this is fucking amazing. And I know we've said this collectively since the whole MM first blew up a few years ago but seriously, it just never gets any LESS incredible.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    just ordered a pair...always good to have some quality presents for last minute gift giving.

cant wait

and CONGRATS

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    You need this.

The more I look at it, the more I realize: this is fucking amazing. And I know we've said this collectively since the whole MM first blew up a few years ago but seriously, it just never gets any LESS incredible.

By the way, I preordered mine from Powells. I'm guessing if I got mine Powells should now have it in stock, so Portlanders it's time for a powells run.

• By the way, I preordered mine from Powells. I'm guessing if I got mine Powells should now have it in stock, so Portlanders it's time for a powells run.

Wow, I had no idea it would be available so soon! I'm glad you guys like it.

The book's been getting some nice press recently. It made it into this week's Entertainment Weekly and Bomb magazine did a full page review. More coming soon, I think.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    NEED THIS NOW

Congrats!!!!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    whoa, this is available now on borders.com sweeeeet!