The Mingering Mike Book

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Coming in May... Congratulations to Dori and Frank!

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    thats cool. wasnt there a big article on that in wax poe a while back? I remember hearing about it a while back and it looked pretty interesting.

• Can't wait to get this book.

• I got to look at Dori's only copy last weekend. It's niiiiiiice!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    thats cool. wasnt there a big article on that in wax poe a while back? I remember hearing about it a while back and it looked pretty interesting.

There was a piece in WP but, more significantly for us here, the Mingering Mike artwork was discovered by two regular SoulStrut posters at a flea market about three years ago--they posted images on the site, which quickly resulted in a flood of traffic and all kinds of attention, including a NYT piece by Neal Strauss, who wrote the introduction to this book.

One of the most official SoulStrut phenomena.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

There was a piece in WP but, more significantly for us here, the Mingering Mike artwork was discovered by two regular SoulStrut posters at a flea market about three years ago--they posted images on the site, which quickly resulted in a flood of traffic and all kinds of attention, including a NYT piece by Neal Strauss, who wrote the introduction to this book.

One of the most official SoulStrut phenomena.
    thats real cool. I definitely will be buying and supporting this.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    That book will be added to my personal library.

A couple of days ago, I checked the mingering mike website and was pleased to see some things were added to the site.
    If you haven't checked out the webpage, then I would suggest that you do.

• Link plaese.

I??m getting that book regardless.

- j

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Coming in May... Congratulations to Dori and Frank!

I'd like my two autographed please ....Thank You

Congrats !

• -

• Coming in May... Congratulations to Dori and Frank!

Thanks!

I'm real happy with it, and I know you guys will dig it. 192 pages of Mingering goodness. It looks like you can already pre-order the book on Amazon for $10 off!

The website hasn't been updated in an obscene amount of time.. We're gonna get on that real soon.

Also in the works:

- A Mingering Mike 45 in conjunction with the Vanguard Squad (original recording with original picture sleeve and labels)

- Silkscreen tee's

The goal is to have all that ready by or before the release date in May.

PS. If any of you guys know someone at a magazine/newspaper/tv show/whatever that might be interested in covering the book please let me know! Thanks!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This is a great look. Congrats Dori!

• oh this is so awesome! i was just thinking about mingering mike this morning

p.s. there really should be mingering mike entry on wikipedia

• nice. cant wait.

Any word on getting Mike's work into an institutional collection so it can be properly archived to be enjoyed by future strutters and art appreciators alike?

• Mingering mike was how i found soulstrut. i will be purchasing this book.

• nice. cant wait.

Any word on getting Mike's work into an institutional collection so it can be properly archived to be enjoyed by future strutters and art appreciators alike?

We're working on that. I expect that once the book is released a lot more attention will be drawn to the collection and things will really start rolling.

• nice. cant wait.

We're working on that. I expect that once the book is released a lot more attention will be drawn to the collection and things will really start rolling.

Im sure it will! Good luck and thanks!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I remember the day some of those images were first posted here. This book is definitely going on the coffee table. Nice work.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I've been witness to all of Dori's hard work and headaches to bring this book to fruition. Let me just say that Mike could'nt have been luckier than to have the art end up with a better, more sincere, and dedicated individual at the helm.

Dori, congratulations my dude.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Fucking Awesome. Can you bless me with an autographed advance, plaese?

• where is fatback these days? i haven't seen any threats in a while.

i want frank to autograph mine with

"I'M GONNA KNOCK YOUR GODDAMNED FUCKING TEETH OUT MS DAMN!!"

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Congratz on the book! An actualization of SoulStrut history. Definitely picking this up.

Just out of curiosity, does the site get a mention?

• Just out of curiosity, does the site get a mention?

Oh hell yes.

Just out of curiosity, does the site get a mention?

Oh hell yes.

This thread needs one of these:

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    where is fatback these days? i haven't seen any threats in a while.

"I'M GONNA KNOCK YOUR GODDAMNED FUCKING TEETH OUT MS DAMN!!"

I am hoping that mine will be inscribed with

"DON'T MAKE ME GET SIMPLE ON YER TRICK ASS, YOU FUCKING CRACKER-ASS BAMA!"

But seriously, I was just telling Fr*nk that it is great that Secret Chimp was the one who found it, because all of this is due to his tireless efforts and unflagging vision of how important Mike's work really is. Obviously other people have contributed greatly, Fr*nk and other Strutters among them, but Chimp's crusade has been a long and often thankless one, so I also want to add my thanks!
    I have looked through Chimp's copy at length, and it really is like a weird record dream come true!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

"I'M GONNA KNOCK YOUR GODDAMNED FUCKING TEETH OUT "SLIM"[/b]!!"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

"DON'T MAKE ME GET SIMPLE ON YER TRICK ASS, YOU FUCKING CRACKER-ASS BAMA!"

Who could forget the "A PM from Fatback" post, stemming from a seemingly innocent inquiry into whose custody the artwork was in?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dori,

What's Mike up to these days?

• I already ordered it!!! I can't wait. Thanks for all the hard work. It looks great