Printmaking Strut

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Got two queries:1 -- Anybody know of anyplace in NYC where one can rent time on some letter presses and photo polymer plate machines -- basically I'm looking for a semi-decent/affordable print lab to get back into that art shit.2 -- Just started messing around with screen printing and am a bit lost. Anyone have any books to recomend on this subject? Im interested in learning more about the photo processes and getting my ink looking way fucking better. Right now I'm just messin around with terrible pre-made ink and cutting out stencils with an exacto and its looking mighty ugly. Any help would be appreciated -- I've done a lot of printmaking, mostly on the letterpress, so don't feel like you got to break it all down.And dont worry, I'm not gonna be making those screen printed 45 covers, this is just for fun. Like I really need another hobby.

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    There are some artist-type shared/communal/rentable co-ops in your hipster nieghborhood that should have at least some of this stuff.

Never been myself but one is Office Ops

If they don't have it all, they'll point you in the right direction

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    There are some artist-type shared/communal/rentable co-ops in your hipster nieghborhood that should have at least some of this stuff.

Never been myself but one is Office Ops

If they don't have it all, they'll point you in the right direction

Thanks for the look -- you seem to know a lot about where I live for someone who never goes there....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

There's a place on the LES that has cooperative studio space LES PRINTSHOP

you may also contact International Print Center NY - they may have studio rental, and they'll be able to point you in the right direction if they don't.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    again, thanks for the look.