MySpace/Snocap Mystore

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Hey MySpace artists,Music has always been at the heart of the MySpace community. As an artist, you have a place to connect directly with music lovers and build a fan base. Now, through our partnership with SNOCAP, you can sell digital downloads right on your MySpace page. This is something we???ve wanted to bring to you for a long time, and now it???s here!It???s really simple. Just click the ???Create Your MySpace Music Store??? link on your Home page to register with SNOCAP (or click here), upload your music, and set your price. Your store will be automatically created on your MySpace profile right underneath the MySpace player, and a new ???Manage Music Store??? link will appear on your home page which lets you edit your songs or change the price. Once you???ve created your store your fans will be able to purchase your tracks right off your profile and even post your store on their own profiles, and you???ll get paid on a monthly basis. Click The Formatto check it out.You don???t need to wait to have a CD???s worth of music to sell. Record something tonight and make it available immediately. Or upload a few tracks from the soundboard recording of your last show. A MySpace/SNOCAP MyStore puts the power of distribution in your hands. And best of all, it doesn???t limit any of your choices. You can still stream up to 4 tracks for free from the MySpace player on your page. You keep all the rights to your music. And this isn???t exclusive ??? you can put a MySpace/SNOCAP MyStore on your MySpace page and paste the store anywhere else on the web you use for promotion; plus you can also sell through an aggregator or any other digital retailer you have access to.You already use MySpace to market & promote ??? now you can sell your songs!Tom
Any of ya'll fuck with this yet? I heard the average price is $.79 and they take $.45 but that's just what I heard. I don't see this being anything real negative unless there's some "LOL WE OWN UR MUSIK" clause in the agreement.

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i think there competing with soundclick. Soundclick was the medium for any musician online to host there music and they started this system a long time ago. Myspace will get a ton of money from this though and will make even more loot with the advertising space being used when new members join up.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont know man, not nearly as many people use soundclick as opposed to a few years back.

• You must be a cuz I didn't get this email and I don't have a link on MY homepage...

hahaha

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    yeah i meant to say more like using there old competitors business plans with the music community. Myspace has always been big with the music from the jump when they were starting out and there was some real competition for the first year when there was like 500 people on that shit. But after getting real big with local music scenes and college kids or just people just hearing about it word of mouth, that shit blew up in like a month. It went from this little infant thing to this international phenomenon overnight. Now you cant not have one if your in music. I think they didnt want to have music sold on there, but due to all the issues/concerns and heat brought by the riaa and record labels I think they had to offer a way to sell it. Like i said before myspace doesn't really need to go outside the realm of advertising. I bet those ads on there pages go for millions and the promotional campaigns they use to hype movies, like superman dvd releases, and taladega nights promos, gives them a very handsome profit already, so selling music would be peanuts in the scheme of things. But money is money and if you can get it- you best be getting it if your in business.