gotta love Poughkeepsie

paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I'm thinking his mom needs to be brought on charges for giving her son such a loony-tunes name...Tuesday, December 12, 2006 Drayton cleared of murder charges By Larry Fisher-HertzPoughkeepsie JournalA City of Poughkeepsie man has been cleared of murder charges in the Sept. 28 fatal shooting of a 21-year-old city man.Prosecutors said a grand jury determined 20-year-old Sha Sha Supreme Drayton, of South Clinton Street was justified in shooting 21-year-old Shaheem Jackson because Jackson had fired at him first. The shootout took place at about 2 a.m. on North White Street.But in court proceedings this morning, Drayton admitted he had used an illegal gun to shoot Jackson. In exchange for his guilty plea on weapons charges, he was promised a sentence of six years in prison.Senior Assistant District Attorney Marjorie Smith said the guilty plea also covered additional weapons charges and two sales of illegal drugs Drayton allegedly made to police informants.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Sha Sha Supreme Drayton

AWESOME!

• I used to write for that newspaper, six years ago. Quitting may have been the best decision I ever made. Selling records for a living is a hell of a lot more fun!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    You wrote for the urinal?

• pknypkny 549 Posts

• Hometown of Bill Duke and Ed Wood, Jr.

• You wrote for the urinal?

Best believe I held down the Northern Dutchess and New Paltz bureau offices. Actually, those beats (not-mpc related) were coma-inducing boring. If Soulstrut existed back then I would have gotten no work done.

Bonus fact: Photographer Lee Miller and Mel Gibson were also born in Poughkeepsie.

• I thought Gibson was from Peekskill.

• I thought Gibson was from Peekskill.

Yessur.