NYE Chicago - Sharon Jones- Budos Band!!!

dreas_heardrumsdreas_heardrums 686 Posts
edited December 2006 in Announcements
Sunday, December 31st, 2006 9:00 PM NEW YEAR'S EVE IN CHICAGOPark West322 West ArmitageChicago, IL 60614http://www.jamusa.com/parkwest/venload.aspxPrice: $30Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings will be bringing in the New Year in Chicago with very special guests the Budos Band!-----------------------------------I just saw this on the Daptone site...sounds like a good time to me.Anyone else going to this?

Comments

• damn I didn't know the budos was playing with them! Now I just have to convince the woman

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    With Pickwick and Ciba spinning music beforehand. Vegas oddsmakers figure Back Door Santa and Make A Little Love to be prime contenders for droppage.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I picked up four tickets to this last night. Now I am going to see if I can land a reservation at that little fondue spot nearby (fat chance). Nevertheless, should be a great time.

• With Pickwick and Ciba spinning music beforehand. Vegas oddsmakers figure Back Door Santa and Make A Little Love to be prime contenders for droppage.

Strangely enuff, when Ciba and I did our two-night stint at the Hideout, that was one of the few times I DIDN'T play Lowell Fulson's "Make A Little Love!" Guess I forgot to bring it or something, but it will definitely be in rotation for the Park West show. As for "Back Door Santa," by NYE folks are gonna be tired of anything REMOTELY Xmas-ish, but I don't care, it's still a great song and I might just spin that because Luck mentioned it...

"GOTTA KEEP A FIFTY-DOLLAR PROCESS...MY HAIR IS STRAIGHT AS SILK!"[/b]

• sounds like a possibility, what time does this thing go to?

Yo Luck, You ever fix that computer problem? I got that drive but still need cables. holler.

• Whoa-I actually convinced her! So who's all going?

• sounds like a possibility, what time does this thing go to?

i wanna say two AM like any normal show, but since its NYE, it might go longer - ill try to look into that for ya (and i hope to see you there!)