6 weeks in Brazil

tsotso 39 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I'm off to Brazil soon, working just outside of Rio. Hints on places to dig and records/labels (funk, psychedelic, jazz etc) to look for are apprciated.

Comments

• Welcome on board...

Tony Tornado is the man!

Dress

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts

TSO,

Where you gonna stay, Niteroi?
    You'll find it hard these days to pick up good records! There are only a few shops left selling vinyl, and they are well known to local diggers and dealers.
    The other problem is condition, always hard to find in vg++ / mint condition!!!
    (no cultural history of taking care of vinyl down S. America way)
    But, don't sweat, just enjoy the wonderful beaches and sultry ladies if you have trouble picking up good vinyl...

• tsotso 39 Posts
    I'm going to stay in Serop??dica, 1 hour from Rio city center (inland). Working at Universidade Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro. I will travel around a bit as well

• Options
    Welcome on board...

Tony Tornado is the man!

Dress

Toni Tornado ain't bad, too.

K.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    I'm off to Brazil soon, working just outside of Rio. Hints on places to dig and records/labels (funk, psychedelic, jazz etc) to look for are apprciated.

tell stone throw i said hi

• tsotso 39 Posts
    I'm not from the stone throw forum, if it that's you mean.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    no pun intended,i just kidding,but i do you find some good joints out there

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Hi, TSO

Welcome to the SS board.
    I live in S??o Paulo city, that is quite near Rio de Janeiro.
    If you ever come to S??o Paulo, send me a message and I can take you to some spots here.
    As someone said before, don??t expect finding lots of rare records; but i??m sure you will find good brazilian music, anyway.
    Hope you enjoy your stay in Rio.

Peace

P.S. Check your PM

• His name appears mostly as Toni Tornado, as per the LPs, but there is a compacto from 76 where his name is spelt Tony... TSO, check out the galerias in RIO... there's usually some vinyl dealers in these types of places.

• tsotso 39 Posts
    Thanx for the warm welcome all. Will probebly take a weekend in S??o Paulo MoogMan, can bring with me some Scandinavian trades (mostly swedish)if u'r intrested (Bj??rn J:son Lindh, Merit Hemingson etc.).

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Thanx for the warm welcome all. Will probebly take a weekend in S??o Paulo MoogMan, can bring with me some Scandinavian trades (mostly swedish)if u'r intrested (Bj??rn J:son Lindh, Merit Hemingson etc.).

Cool!
    If you have doubles of some scandinavian fonky heat we can do some trade.

Peace