Last of the Blacksmiths

BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
edited December 2006 in Announcements
Asprin and I are releasing a 45 of our friend's band, Last of the Blacksmiths.The songs were recorded live, no overdubs, directly to 2" analog tape at The Studio Time Forgot. This is the band's second recorded release, their first on our label. Last of the Blacksmiths are a folk band; drums, guitar, mandolin, banjo, pump organ, Wurlitzer, bass, and three vocalists.The Blacksmiths are having a release party on Friday December 8th at Hotel Utah, San Francisco, 9pm. Records will be available for those in attendance. The 45 features a letterpress sleeve with artwork by the father of one of the band members. The A-side of the 45: "And Then Some" is a song that was originally written as a poem by Rufus, grandfather to Nathan, the fellow who sings the tune. Nathan found a book of poems written by his grandfather and has been putting some of them to music over the last few years. The B-side of the 45: "You Think I'm OK" is about wasting away.I'll be at the show on Friday selling records. Please come say hi.!BamGiving it all we've got... and then some(Nathan and Rufus jamming, while grandma sews)