Listen to this - and then let's argue!

FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.zshare.net/audio/jeezy-going-at-nas-mp3.htmlit's streaming so you don't have to download it.Anyone in philly probably heard this today they've been talking about it all day.Jeezy was on Monie Love's show and then they argued about if hip hop is dead and Jeezy walked out.I don't want to comment on this yet because I wanna see what everyone else thinks. VS

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...ge=0#Post767421

IMO young Jeezy = disrespectful young'un talking out his ass.

b/w

he would've stayed if Monie offered him some coke and pyrex

• You gotta love A. Jeezy has NO idea who Monie Love is. B. His arguement for being hip is "check soundscan" and C. Ask totally serious as an arguement against nas being able to say hip hop is dead = "do he bust his gun?"

edit.. sorry didn't see the other post.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    You gotta love A. Jeezy has NO idea who Monie Love is. B. His arguement for being hip is "check soundscan" and C. Ask totally serious as an arguement against nas being able to say hip hop is dead = "do he bust his gun?"

edit.. sorry didn't see the other post.

yeah, its as if every argument I've ever had with some guy who didn't listen to hip-hop but had it stereotyped as some music format all about drugs violence and money is now null and void. Jeezy is the future and I'm stuck in the past

• like i said before...dude is wack. he does not represent the hip hop i once knew.
    yall can love it tho...

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Talk about silliness....

Hip hop is a concept, and as long as people still care about it. It's alive. Nas is talking about the radio stations and there bullshit.

Now, you can understand why he's saying roll to every station and murder the dj. Radio is the garbage.

Nas is pro-hiphop.
    "If hip hop should die we die together bodies in the morgue lie together"

Jeezy, is also pro-hiphop.
    "Look at my first week numbers and tell me that it's dead"

The only one who's hating on Hip Hop, and acting ignorant is.

A retired early 90's british mc

- spidey

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    but do you think Nas and Jeezy are talking about the same "hip-hop"

one word with many meanings to many people

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    but do you think Nas and Jeezy are talking about the same "hip-hop"

one word with many meanings to many people

I don't think Jeezy spends a lot of time thinking about throw ups, scratch compositions or headspins, if that's what you mean.

IMO, when Nas says "hip hop is dead," it translates literally to, "I'm no longer relevant."

• blah.. i wrote some long stuff but i deleted it.

anyways.. I have nothing against drugs and killing people in your music, I prefer most rappers more when they stick to that.

But they were rappers. How is Jeezy gonna be offended about hip hop, when according to him , IN EVERY INTERVIEW HE DOES, he doesn't consider himself a rapper and openly admits to know nothing about hip hop history.

If i was Nas (who by the way never said anything about Jeezy) I'd be pissed off too when in todays game being a rapper is looked down upon. You almost get looked at as weak if you admit you like rap, know about rap, want to write good lyrics, and not just be a hustler who is pimping hip hop.