the LLOYD WILLIAMS collection....

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Hey all... Just thought I should share this. If anyone out there is deep into their Reggae, they might know the name Lloyd Williams. Lloyd was a singer both on his own, and early on in the Granville Williams (no relation) Orchestra. Granville's Orch was one of the most popular in the early 60's JA scene, and featured players like Ernest Ranglin and more. He moved here to Canada, where he continued making good music for many years, and passed away 4-5 years ago now. Here he worked a ton with Jackie Mittoo, as they were very good friends. His widow has passed on to me his record collection, and personal scrapbooks to sell to try and raise some money to keep up with her house bills. The collection is truly and one that you dream about. The press photos, hand bills, flyers, candid photos, and finally records are something to see. I've included below a very few of what will be for sale in the next litle while. Enjoy them,Aaron [/img] [/img] [/img] [/img] [/img]

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Wow... it's almost a shame you can't keep everything, but the cause for sale seems worthy.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    true....i would of liked to keep a few things..but if you all got the chance to meet this lady, you wouldn't want to keep anything either. She is one of the greatest people I have ever met, full of good stories and an amazing family history, and she and Lloyd never made much money, so just being able to get her some scratch is worth selling it all.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Damn, very cool, thanks for sharing.

Those posters are

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    We are def gonna need a lil 45 mix