Ross Hogg invades NYC

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited June 2005 in Announcements
I'll be in New York next week for a couple of gigs and a lot of fun. I'll be there performing with a comedy troupe called Killing My Lobster, very funny folks. They often work with a band, but have worked with me before (as their DJ), and we're doin' it again.If you get a free manute, holler at your bol. Here's my schedule: TUESDAY, JUNE 7th:[/b] Check in at Vanguard Squad East Coast Headquarters, plot the revolution. Sleep in tub.WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8th: KML COMEDY SHOW[/b]WHEN:[/b] Wednesday, June 8th at 8pWHERE:[/b] The Grand Theater @ The Producer???s Club Complex, 358 West 44th Street btw. 8th & 9th Avenues (Midtown Manhattan) HOW MUCH:[/b] $17 in advance. Very few tickets remain, so please log on to www.killingmylobster.com/tix post-haste if you're interested (this is the show to catch).THURSDAY, JUNE 9th: NYC SKETCHFEST[/b]WHEN:[/b] Thursday, June 9th at 9pWHERE:[/b] Upright Citizen???s Brigade Theatre, 307 W. 26th Street btw. 8th and 9th Avenues (Chelsea Manhattan)HOW MUCH:[/b] $10 (tix available at www.ucbtheatre.com/sketchfest)FRIDAY, JUNE 10th: BUSIEST DAY OF ALL[/b]AFTERNOON:[/b] Shop for pastel shirts with faux_rillz & coselmed. EVENING:[/b] EAST VILLAGE RADIOWHEN:[/b] Friday, June 10th from 6p - 8p Eastern (3p-6p Pacific)WHERE:[/b] The Internets (www.eastvillageradio.com)WHO:[/b] DJ CATCHDUBS welcomes his guest from the West ROSS HOGGAIM:[/b] EastVillageRadio NIGHT TIME: BUHBOMP![/b]WHEN:[/b] Friday, June 10th from 10:30p to 4aWHERE:[/b] Morrisey Park (www.morriseypark.com), 121 St. Mark???s Place btw. 1st Ave & Ave A, ManhattanWHO:[/b] All Texans, all night long: empanadamn[/b] (haterzville), JD[/b] (direct driven) & ROSS HOGG[/b]. Don???t mess with it.HOW MUCH:[/b] FreeSATURDAY:[/b] HAVING BURNED ALL BRIDGES, LEAVE TOWN.Lookin' forward to it. Make sure the weather's nice and the bagels are fresh.

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    DAMN!!! Hogg Wall makin' moves

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    TUESDAY, JUNE 7th: Check in at Vanguard Squad East Coast Headquarters, plot the revolution. Sleep in tub.

Thank you for calling Vanguard Headquarters.
    How may I direct your call?

And I'll be getting up at 5am each morning, sneaking into the guest challet, and taking pictures of HogginThePillow. Stay tuned for these exciting posts:

"MP3 of HoggSnoreRaer"

"HoggSleep: Boxers or Briefs?"

"The Hogg's Hand in Hot Water Picture Thread..."

"Hogg Buys His First White Belt in Williamsburg"

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Allow me to correct your statements:

And I'll be getting up at 5am each morning, sneaking into the guest challet, and taking pictures of HogginThePillow Hogg just walking in from the evening's activities [I THOUGHT Y'ALL AINT SLEEP OUT THERE?[/b]].

"MP3 of HoggSnoreRaerDollarBinCommon" [I'm afraid the reissues are plentiful, too[/b]]

"HoggSleep: BoxersFrench-Cut or BriefsCommando?"[REAL HEADZ KNOW THE DEAL[/b]]

"Hogg BuysMerks His First White BeltBoy in WilliamsburgHarlem" [DON'T WORRY, T*NYA: YOUR BOY AIN'T WHITE[/b]]

Allow me to correct your statements:

"HoggSleep: BoxersFrench-Cut or Briefs[color:red]Commando?[/b][/color]"[REAL HEADZ KNOW THE DEAL]

Which makes for another post:

HoggLimitedEdition[/b]125InchRaer[/b]

(He didn't!)

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Hi, Tom!

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts

i'll miss you a lot.

i'll post here[/b] a lot.

It'll be like I never left.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    get a room "canoodlers"

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

i'll miss you a lot.

awww.

i hope you dont mind but i caught a warm fuzzy off this post.

i'll post here[/b] a lot.

It'll be like I never left.

DUDE GOT BUMPED TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT SECTION.

AwwwwDamn (NoAudregs). That burns. On second thought, find another place to stay. And I think I am busy those nights. My hairs need trimming.

Signed,
    Special Friend??? Who Posts His Announcements in Crate Digging

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Hi, Tom!
    Hi Ross!

• Options
    You should have told me you were coming to NY, I made plans to go to some other place that week.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    You should have told me you were coming to NY, I would have[/b] made plans to go to some other place that week.

[DON'T WORRY, T*NYA: YOUR BOY AIN'T WHITE[/b]]

Right, he's an SPR (Slick Puerto Rican--I'll tell you the story in person).

P.S. I am not the black dude who borrowed your BBOR and never returned it.

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8th: KML COMEDY SHOW[/b]
    WHEN:[/b] Wednesday, June 8th at 8p
    WHERE:[/b] The Grand Theater @ The Producer???s Club Complex, 358 West 44th Street btw. 8th & 9th Avenues (Midtown Manhattan)
    HOW MUCH:[/b] $17 in advance. Very few tickets remain, so please log on to www.killingmylobster.com/tix post-haste if you're interested (this is the show to catch).

Word is that this show sold out (THANK YOU NEW YORK CITY). But there are still tix for:

THURSDAY, JUNE 9th: NYC SKETCHFEST[/b]
    WHEN:[/b] Thursday, June 9th at 9p
    WHERE:[/b] Upright Citizen???s Brigade Theatre, 307 W. 26th Street btw. 8th and 9th Avenues (Chelsea Manhattan)
    HOW MUCH:[/b] $10 (tix available at www.ucbtheatre.com/sketchfest)

And this is still free (and I hear Sween will be there--topless):

BUHBOMP![/b]
    WHEN:[/b] Friday, June 10th from 10p - 4a
    WHEN:[/b] Friday, June 10th from 10:30p to 4a
    WHERE:[/b] Morrisey Park (www.morriseypark.com), 121 St. Mark???s Place btw. 1st Ave & Ave A, Manhattan
    WHO:[/b] All Texans, all night long: empanadamn[/b] (haterzville), JD[/b] (direct driven) & ROSS HOGG[/b]. Don???t mess with it.
    HOW MUCH:[/b] Free

Now with a flyer (thanks, empanadamn!):

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    shit. we need to take down the flyer and change it. JD said he's gonna play a strickly texas trance set.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    "Hogg <s>Buys</s>Merks His First White <s>Belt</s>Boy in <s>Williamsburg</s>Harlem" [DON'T WORRY, T*NYA: YOUR BOY AIN'T WHITE[/b]]

Did you say merkin, poptart?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    NIGHT TIME: BUHBOMP![/b]
    WHERE:[/b] Morrisey Park (www.morriseypark.com), 121 St. Mark???s Place btw. 1st Ave & Ave A, Manhattan
    WHO:[/b] All Texans, all night long: empanadamn[/b] (haterzville), JD[/b] (direct driven) & ROSS HOGG[/b]. Don???t mess with it.

last minute but me and the hommie should be rolling up to this tommorrow. i hope to finally meet some of you new york superfriend poptart types.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

last minute but me and the hommie should be rolling up to this tommorrow. i hope to finally meet some of you new york superfriend poptart types.

I'm not sure if that's really an event for industry outsiders, man...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

I'm not sure if that's really an event for industry outsiders, man...

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    EVENING:[/b] EAST VILLAGE RADIO
    WHEN:[/b] Friday, June 10th from 6p - 8p Eastern (3p-6p Pacific)
    WHERE:[/b] The Internets (www.eastvillageradio.com)
    WHO:[/b] DJ CATCHDUBS welcomes his guest from the West ROSS HOGG
    AIM:[/b] EastVillageRadio

we're also going to be giving away a grip of miles davis CD reissues. like 10 discs and shit.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    EVENING:[/b] EAST VILLAGE RADIO
    WHEN:[/b] Friday, June 10th from 6p - 8p Eastern (3p-6p Pacific)
    WHERE:[/b] The Internets (www.eastvillageradio.com)
    WHO:[/b] DJ CATCHDUBS welcomes his guest from the West ROSS HOGG
    AIM:[/b] EastVillageRadio

we're also going to be giving away a grip of miles davis CD reissues. like 10 discs and shit.

Now I know where I can come find you and threaten your VERY LIFE!!!

bwaahahahaha (actually, it's just around the corner from the new shop)

• NIGHT TIME: BUHBOMP![/b]

I stopped by for a minute... shit was jumping.. I left to get some food, came back, FIRETRUCKS LIKE WOAH

SATURDAY:[/b] HAVING BURNED ALL BRIDGES, LEAVE TOWN.

literally

We were rolling through just as they cleared the place out...Ross has pictures.

• Options
    NIGHT TIME: BUHBOMP!
    WHEN: Friday, June 10th from 10:30p to 4a
    WHERE: Morrisey Park (www.morriseypark.com), 121 St. Mark???s Place btw. 1st Ave & Ave A, Manhattan
    WHO: All Texans, all night long: empanadamn (haterzville), JD (direct driven) & ROSS HOGG. Don???t mess with it.
    HOW MUCH: Free

That was fun, nice to meet RossH, Empanadamn, JDeez, and Noz who came through as well.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

I stopped by for a minute... shit was jumping.. I left to get some food, came back, FIRETRUCKS LIKE WOAH

SATURDAY:[/b] HAVING BURNED ALL BRIDGES, LEAVE TOWN.

literally

that's how frisco does it ,mayne *no homo*

What a great trip! Thanks so much to BAMBOUCHE and Ad*ie for their inexorable generosity and graciousness. Bam is even more of that dude that some of you will ever know. I also kicked it uptown with Coselmed and Faux_Rillz (his record room is waaaay grown), ran into Mista Sinista at Fat Beats, DJed with Nick Catchdubs, and watched my girl clown Mark Ronson via AIM (classic).

I also got to meet sweengod[/b]longisle (my fu**in' DUDE right there!) and industry outsider NOZ (not to mention part-time Strutter and full-time shutterbug Christopher). It was pretty proper, except that New York was VERY, VERY HOT.

We were rolling through just as they cleared the place out...Ross has pictures.
    It's true. I was talking to Soulstrutter (and Texan) jlee while Soulstrutter (and Texan) empanadamn was playing "Me So Horny" and I began to smell smoke. I figured some assclown was burning a napkin over a candle. That's when the waitress told us all to get out.

Why?

MORE FIRE:

Started in the basement and things got smokey real fast. Rolled out the records (thanks, Jason!) and kicked with the FD:

empanadamn couldn't take the heat:

Sween left before things got really hot, but I'd like to think that he still had a good time:

Speakin' of hot, I was already bein' a SweatHog(g) in the booth (just ask JD):

UPSHOT: No one got hurt and I got in an extra two hours of sleep.

DOWNSIDE: We didn't get paid and I left my headphones there.

Next time, we party on the West Coast. You're all invited. Thanks again!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

the fuck? i missed a fire? crazy.

anyway, you guys killed it, i'm always happy to hear dru down on the east coast, and it was nice meeting you and sween. sorry we had to cut out so early but nj transit stops running at 1:40.