I got reggaeton neighbors

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
man this family goes nuts with their fucking music. they live right below me (it's my landlord), and they B U M P[/b] their shit. a special blend of hot 97 and reggaeton, with a dash of bachata. i feel like that one episode of tom and jerry where jerry is sleeping and he bounces out of bed and out his mouse hole because of the upright bass / jazz music playing. there's 2 teenage girls, and a mom who act's like she's a teenage girl, so there's a lot of songs that are on repeat for 4EVER[/b]. or it's on that A.D.D., "i can't listen to a whole song all the way through" quick-mix steez.bonus cuts: 1) they have a little, 2 year old chunkette who's a miniature puerto rican STAY PUFF'D walkin', like stompin in some big black boots, shaking the whole house. 2) the hood would rather die than ride out without bumpin their music at maximum volumes. it's great. all throughout the night, some yahoo gotta drive down my street with bass thumping so hard that it sets off all the car alarms that ring until their finished ringing because ppl are so used to it / don't want to wake up to disarm their car alarm.what do your neighbors bang out?

Comments

• My neighbors are old church folks. So they don't bump anything. We do get the bass thump drive-by fairly often, but I don't really notice that shit when I am sleeping.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    If I had reggaeton neighbors, I would go absolutely ballistic in a very short time.

My downstairs neighbor tends to bump golden oldies and blues pretty damn loud. It doesn't really bother me--I just hear either these big basslines bubbling up from the first floor--and besides, he's really patient with me playing music (and exceptionally patient with me working on music, which means playing the same tiny snippet a million times in a row, which I imagine must get to be annoying), so who am I to complain?

From cars driving by, all I hear is muddy, distorted 808. This is what hyphy sounds like from a distance.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    when i lived in windsor terrace i could hum the tune of like 10 different car alarms. I could also call the make and model of car that was going off.

• man this family goes nuts with their fucking music. they live right below me (it's my landlord), and they B U M P[/b] their shit. a special blend of hot 97 and reggaeton, with a dash of bachata. i feel like that one episode of tom and jerry where jerry is sleeping and he bounces out of bed and out his mouse hole because of the upright bass / jazz music playing. there's 2 teenage girls, and a mom who act's like she's a teenage girl, so there's a lot of songs that are on repeat for 4EVER[/b]. or it's on that A.D.D., "i can't listen to a whole song all the way through" quick-mix steez.

bonus cuts:

1) they have a little, 2 year old chunkette who's a miniature puerto rican STAY PUFF'D walkin', like stompin in some big black boots, shaking the whole house.

i sympathize with you on all that, except my neighbors are upstairs. during the week its not too bad but weekends from like 5pm on it's LOUD. the worst was when sean paul "temperature" came out this summer, that shit was looping non stop and for whatever reason the frequency just went right through my walls. not so fun.

• man this family goes nuts with their fucking music. they live right below me (it's my landlord), and they B U M P[/b] their shit. a special blend of hot 97 and reggaeton, with a dash of bachata. i feel like that one episode of tom and jerry where jerry is sleeping and he bounces out of bed and out his mouse hole because of the upright bass / jazz music playing. there's 2 teenage girls, and a mom who act's like she's a teenage girl, so there's a lot of songs that are on repeat for 4EVER[/b]. or it's on that A.D.D., "i can't listen to a whole song all the way through" quick-mix steez.

bonus cuts:

1) they have a little, 2 year old chunkette who's a miniature puerto rican STAY PUFF'D walkin', like stompin in some big black boots, shaking the whole house.

2) the hood would rather die than ride out without bumpin their music at maximum volumes. it's great. all throughout the night, some yahoo gotta drive down my street with bass thumping so hard that it sets off all the car alarms that ring until their finished ringing because ppl are so used to it / don't want to wake up to disarm their car alarm.

what do your neighbors bang out?

jus keedin', marica.

That's real wild you start a post like this because I have some real ass-munchers living next to me. It's these older dudes I went to high school with and they have a fuckin' heavy metal band. Well I'm not sure if it's heavy metal, but it sounds like Godsmack or some type of rock schitt you hear while waiting for the previews in the movie theater to start. I can't complain because I'm blasting my music so it just drowns it out, i'm just more startled at the crapulence of their music selection.

I do wonder when they hear me playing Pharoah Sanders one day then mixing Pussycat dolls into Madonna the next day or trying for 20 minutes to do the perfect drum sequence on a beat are they laughing?

My real gripe is that these fuckheads have parties every damn weekend. When I come home from the clubs all tired at 3-4 in the morning these assholes are all outside smoking,drinking, and carrying-on LIKE THERE FATHER ISN'T SICK WITH CANCER (yeah I'm being petty but damn, even though he's in Seattle at a facility shoudn't you dudes be a little more ....focussed?). AND THEY TAKE ALL THE GOOD PARKING ON MY BLOCK.

I wish they liked Reggaeton.

• man I had reggaeton neighbors in Montreal. actually they were more like strictly "Gasolina" neighbors. shit was awful.

• man I had reggaeton neighbors in Montreal. actually they were more like strictly "Gasolina" neighbors. shit was awful.

it all sounds like "Gasolina". Even to me.

• it all sounds like "Gasolina". Even to me.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I just have a crazy old cat lady as a neighbor. she'll start shrieking all of a sudden "aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit!....... GODDAMIT!"

At first it was weird, now its just kind of funny.

"BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!"

she fat and pale and never leaves the house too.

I think I love her.

• they're fighting again... sounds like wood.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    my neighbor is all whenever i play any music ever.

• I live above a little cafe/espresso bar. It was being renovated by the new owner when we moved in, and I thought, "That's nice. Espresso just downstairs, and it'll be fairly quiet." It took the dude like two months to build the place by himself, all the while just BUMPING cheezy house music b/w the occasional hip hop jam. I figured it would stop when he opened since he was just playing it like that while he worked on the place. It didn't.

The place now has like these mini parties there most weekends, with a big curtain up in the front window and a dj playing bad house. It's open to the public. Sorta. I never any more than 2 or 3 people besides the owner and his group of friends. I'm starting to think he's just selling coke or something. He just CANNOT be making any kind of money with the actual cafe! They don't open until like three in the afternoon some days... wtf!

Anyways. So I hear cosign all this bitching about loud annoying neighbours. Funny thing is... I used to think maybe I would like it more if they were into rock music or something that wasn't so 4/4 repetitive kick patterns... because it gets a bit mind numbing after a while. But then a few days ago I heard them playing some Iron Maiden through their system and it was 1000x worse. Just constant fucking growl and hum. I think dude has his speakers and sub eq'd and set up wrong. Either that or this building resonates real fucking bad. Because certain songs just RUMBLE when their bass line hits at the right frequency.

Sometimes I miss living in a town with no close neighbours.

• Man, go chill in Puerto Rico if you want some Reggeaton overload. Unbelievable ... every house, car, van, motorcycle and boom box blaaaaaaaasts that stuff! I mean, no surprise or anything but the overload is surreal.

BOOOOMP BAP BAP BOOOMP BAP BAP!!!!!!

Beautiful place, friendly people (play pool with the old dudes in the shittiest bars you can find) ... but the Reggaeton.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    BOOOOMP BAP BAP BOOOMP BAP BAP!!!!!!

Isn't it more like boom ka boom kap?

my neighbours are mad quiet, only e*** from downstairs might draw still lifes on coke on a sunday morning blasting some decent 4/4 till 10am...other than that no noise. But in the other flat i used to live in, the guy next to me was blasting a wide range of cheesytrance via pop to German Aggrorap. Over time I however got the impression that his musical style somehow progressed. One time it was really funny though because you could hear that he was lovesick. he played the same three slowjams for 1 1/2 hour on repeat. One was from meat loaf. oh well...

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    my neighbor is a white trash lady ( ??) with 2 kids, and they bang on the wall when i play music at like 8pm on a friday night

• Isn't it more like boom ka boom kap?

Ha ha. Right on the money. I kneel to the master of the boom kaps.

• in my opinion norteńa bumpin neighbors are the worst, majority of reggaeton is at least listenable to me (i like the beat)

norteńa ?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Soca neighbours. Worst music ever. Tobego must be living hell.

Ten years ago used to live in the flat below an Iraqi diplomat and his family who I swear would get up at 3am and dance the fucking fandango until dawn wearing deep sea diving boots. Unless they were assembling WMDs, in which case now it all begins to make sense...

• 1) they have a little, 2 year old chunkette who's a miniature puerto rican STAY PUFF'D walkin', like stompin in some big black boots, shaking the whole house.

2) car alarms that ring until their finished ringing because ppl are so used to it / don't want to wake up to disarm their car alarm.

chunkette. shit if she's only 2 one can only imagine how big she'll be after leaving jr high and rocking the icecream mans on a daily. hope her family isn't turning her into a diabetic like every family on my block is.

don't know what the rules are where you live, but if you truly want to document your landlords behavoir you can slap a nice fat lawsuit on them (strictly small claims so your limit is 5k, maybe 7k) if you live in california you may be in the house.

i'm in the process of suing the property owners across the street, evicting 2 families, and compiling data to sue my own landlord. if everythin goes right i'll eliminate the two worst families on the block and make back my rent for the year.

• 1) they have a little, 2 year old chunkette who's a miniature puerto rican STAY PUFF'D walkin', like stompin in some big black boots, shaking the whole house.

2) car alarms that ring until their finished ringing because ppl are so used to it / don't want to wake up to disarm their car alarm.

chunkette. shit if she's only 2 one can only imagine how big she'll be after leaving jr high and rocking the icecream mans on a daily. hope her family isn't turning her into a diabetic like every family on my block is.

don't know what the rules are where you live, but if you truly want to document your landlords behavoir you can slap a nice fat lawsuit on them (strictly small claims so your limit is 5k, maybe 7k) if you live in california you may be in the house.

i'm in the process of suing the property owners across the street, evicting 2 families, and compiling data to sue my own landlord. if everythin goes right i'll eliminate the two worst families on the block and make back my rent for the year.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    our loft is right next to another building's stair well. however, the crazy alcoholic lesbian who is on the same floor (in the next building), bumps her celine dion and rod stewart all night long after she blacks out from drinking. she's nuts. she's even locked herself out of the apt. complex at 6am and swore to god that people were in her apt. "stealing her hummels". cops broke down the door, to find......surprise, surprise...NO ONE.

she also likes to settle domestic disputes with her partner on the street or in their hyundai, blasting the same music and beating the living shit out of each other.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    my neighbour's pool pump was buggin this entire summer. It never used to make much noise in the past but this season it emits a loud BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 24/7. It got so bad I finally called the city to file a complaint a few days ago. By late afternoon that day the BUZZING stopped and it has held up for the last few days.

So yes, maybe I'm the prick neighbour but now I can enjoy some peace and quiet.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I have reggaeton neighbors, but I don't particularly mind...I live near a college so it's only one of several loud sounds competing with one another. Yesterday, there was a block party up the street with live performances and quite possibly the loudest speakers ever, but it was tolerable since it doesn't happen so often. This is the same block that has a huge American, Puerto Rican, Dominican, and oddly, Venezuelan flag hanging from the power lines in the middle of block. The only time I was really annoyed by the noise was when every single night following the Puerto Rican Day Parade until Independence Day, kids were setting off fireworks. Otherwise, I think loud music just adds to the neighborhood color.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Hilarious.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Hilarious.

Is that Harvey C?????

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    man this family goes nuts with their fucking music. they live right below me (it's my landlord), and they B U M P[/b] their shit. a special blend of hot 97 and reggaeton, with a dash of bachata. i feel like that one episode of tom and jerry where jerry is sleeping and he bounces out of bed and out his mouse hole because of the upright bass / jazz music playing. there's 2 teenage girls, and a mom who act's like she's a teenage girl, so there's a lot of songs that are on repeat for 4EVER[/b]. or it's on that A.D.D., "i can't listen to a whole song all the way through" quick-mix steez.

After 4 years of this in Brooklyn I moved. When i'm at home I likes to chill and don't need to be hearing outside music. Yeah i'm a hater but it's time folks finally admitted the truth about how awful reggaeton really is.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Hilarious.

Is that Harvey C?????

With a cave bitch? I think not. My man is lounging in young beautiful black woman heaven as we speak.

Edit[/b]: Or were you talking about the baby?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Hilarious.

Is that Harvey C?????

With a cave bitch? I think not. My man is lounging in young beautiful black woman heaven as we speak.

Edit[/b]: Or were you talking about the baby?

Put some curly hair on that dude and.......

• I think loud music just adds to the neighborhood color.

• i have reggaeton neighbor-hoods, but it's not even that bad, and i'm actually in PR.

the neighbors that bother me are the in-heat cats that prowl the street and sound like dying babies. i'd much rather listen to some reggaeton. on the other hand, i'd rather listen to cats in heat than bachata.