Mobile DJ / music dude question | Spaekers related

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
hey, can anyone vouch for a powered speaker / monitor set up? It's a grip to rent shit in NYC and I don't wanna bother anyone to borrow their shit. I'm missing out on a lot of corporate gigs, small event joints since I don't have my own sound. I've fucked with those JBL eon joints like kapowbut with l'eggz on 'em.also looking at some mackie joints like helloalso, any advice on what to stay away from? purching shit like this pretty much pay for themselves after a gig or 2. makes sense just to invest in some shit like that, yameenson?

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    JBLs are much better. definitely bright without a sub tho. I blew out a set of those mackies... they're definetly not industrial strength.

• JBLs are much better. definitely bright without a sub tho. I blew out a set of those mackies... they're definetly not industrial strength.

JBL>MACKIE

• JBL>MACKIE

Those JBL's are nice.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Having used both of the models you posted, I say Mackie > JBL for those portable setups. The JBLs are real muddy in my experience, and if you match the Mackies with a sub they sound excellent. I'd check out the newer Mackie series as they are tuned by EAW (they make amazing speakers) and have models that can handle higher powered amps.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I recommend JBL as well.

• hey dudes, thanks a lot for your opinions. very much appreciated.