Where can I find some Good House Music?

mooneymooney 48 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Good house music, is this an oxmoron like jumbo shrimp? Does it existAlthough it's not my usual steez, over the years I have acquired some good house remixes like Masters at Work's remix of Earth Wind & Fire's "Can't Hide Love" etc.I need more stuff like this for a new gig, but I am from current house music...Heck no with that techno, I need simple house mixes of songs people recognize, house music with words and shit, ...Please help, are there any places to download. I am willing to compensateanyone who can get me some good tracks...

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I need more stuff like this for a new gig, but I am

I am willing to compensate
    anyone who can get me some good tracks...

How about going to a record store, which can cater to your needs & buy the music?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Good house music, is this an oxmoron like jumbo shrimp?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I need more stuff like this for a new gig, but I am

I am willing to compensate

How about going to a record store, which can cater to your needs & buy the music?

Do those still exist?

I KEED!!!

I was thinking of doing a wicked house post thread (Like the R&B & Dancehall one I did a while back).

But side note:

Anyone wanna post disco & Soul tracks made into House chunes?

Example: Harvey Mason - Groovin you

Anyone? Bueller?

• Yes, I would consider supporting a record store...

Thank you for your detailed response and thoughtful suggestion.

I am also willing to compensate the original artist, remixer, collector, or anyone who put in the time and work.

Can anyone else offer a more detailed plan to obtain this music?

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    there was a thread about house music (do a search...) recently and a lot of good stuff was mentioned.

• I KEED!!!

I was thinking of doing a wicked house post thread (Like the R&B & Dancehall one I did a while back).

But side note:

Anyone? Bueller?

I would like to hear your tracks, and if you know of any similar mixes you can put me on to, I would apreciate the info.

• I don't listen to house music whatsoever, but a friend of mine is a fairly prominent house dj/producer, and what he has played for me sounds pretty good. Jazzy, somewhat progressive, lots of change ups and cool chops. He'll do shit like sample a warren G track and turn it into a house track. Pretty cool shit, check him out:

http://www.myspace.com/uriahwest

or

www.bumpshopmusic.com

• some house record stores online: Stompy.com (Digital), Dancerecords.com, primal records, tweekin records, and the lab has some good house remixes from time to time.
    "
    Sir Piers does some great remixes. Check out Jill Scott's "Golden", A Tribe Called Quest's "After Hours" and "Bonita Applebum", Aaliyah's "Rock The Boat" and a remix of Snoop/JT's Signs.

I couldn't find them on dancerec's, but Candy Apple is a label with some good remixes. I like their remix of Bill Withers "Lovely Day".

Sound Republic has a cool remix of Oliver Cheatham's "Get Down Saturday Night"... i haven't picked it up yet, so I don't know what record it's on. They also have a cool remix of a Jackson 5's "Dancing Machine"... their stuff is really nice chunky and chopped house.

There's a good Missy Elliot remix on Peaches.

Those are some of my favorites I can recall without looking through my stuff.

• Herbal Essence puts out some remixes too. I really like the remix of 50 Cent - Disco Inferno. It's on one of the herbal essences with a red label and some blue herb (i think).

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    www.juno.co.uk

www.groovedis.com

go through the weekly new release lists.

http://www.tunetribe.com/Album?album_id=492559

recent track I'm into....

• Please help, are there any places to download. I am willing to compensate

www.beatport.com

www.deephousepage.com

www.bringtheheat.com

Now you can make the check payable to Nelson Abbott III, Esq.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Herbal Essence puts out some remixes too. I really like the remix of 50 Cent - Disco Inferno. It's on one of the herbal essences with a red label and some blue herb (i think).

They also make a hellafied shampoo.

• Good house music, is this an oxmoron like jumbo shrimp?

my original post got lost in the ether...so, I'll say this...

the right girl's booty deeply embedded into your crotch+
    the right amount of alcohol, herb and whatever other candy delights you choose+
    the right house song (for me these are very very very very very very very rare, but they do exist on a very rare occasion)+
    a smile on your face= priceless

Imjustsayin'yo...you're gonna turn down when she's candyflippin and wanting her booty ground up like hamburger meat cuz this song is her favorite song? doubt it...not play roll hatin...just sayin...

• I don't listen to house music whatsoever, but a friend of mine is a fairly prominent house dj/producer, and what he has played for me sounds pretty good. Jazzy, somewhat progressive, lots of change ups and cool chops. He'll do shit like sample a warren G track and turn it into a house track. Pretty cool shit, check him out:

or

www.bumpshopmusic.com

hahahahahahaha!

that picture or broads fannin him and feedin him doritos and a super big gulp while he's cdj-ing is some of the funniest shit i've seen in a long while. no disrepecfellatin intended.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    that picture is incredible

or

www.bumpshopmusic.com

that picture or broads fannin him and feedin him doritos and a super big gulp while he's cdj-ing is some of the funniest shit i've seen in a long while. no disrepecfellatin intended.

I cosign that 150%, I laughed my ass off when I saw that. I'm sure it was intentional, as he is known as the fattest house DJ around. Makes sense.

• mooney get at me!... i got some stuff for you, and i know m*rl*n has a bunch of that kind of stuff (although probably a little older), but i'm sure you already talked to him

or you could just go down to the Raleigh House Remix Record Emporium and pick up what you need, dumbass

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I don't listen to house music whatsoever, but a friend of mine is a fairly prominent house dj/producer, and what he has played for me sounds pretty good. Jazzy, somewhat progressive, lots of change ups and cool chops. He'll do shit like sample a warren G track and turn it into a house track. Pretty cool shit, check him out:

or

www.bumpshopmusic.com

I cosign that 150%, I laughed my ass off when I saw that. I'm sure it was intentional, as he is known as the fattest house DJ around. Makes sense.

You mean, that wasn't just one of those I Think That DJ Needs A Dorito moments? Dang, you my hopes are up!

I used to have a theory: The bigger (physically) the house DJ, the better.

• I used to have a theory: The bigger (physically) the house DJ, the better.

I'd believe this.
    Boo Williams:

Glenn Underground:

DJ Sneak:

House music is (about) livin large

or

www.bumpshopmusic.com

You mean, that wasn't just one of those I Think That DJ Needs A Dorito moments? Dang, you my hopes are up!

I used to have a theory: The bigger (physically) the house DJ, the better.

Haha, I reread what I wrote and noticed that my sarcasm totally missed the boat. My bad.

If I were a DJ, I might not mind the fanning, doritos and big gulp. That's better than Becky-requests and 21 year olds puking in your record bag!

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

House music is (about) being[/b] large

• Sir Piers does some great remixes. Check out Jill Scott's "Golden", A Tribe Called Quest's "After Hours" and "Bonita Applebum", Aaliyah's "Rock The Boat" and a remix of Snoop/JT's Signs.

I love the remixes he did of "golden" and the 2 tribe mixes, got them all on vinyl but i had no idea about the Aaliyah & "signs" remixes. i bet they are

any way you could post up a link or 2?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

House music is (about) being[/b] large
    he sits AROUND the house, amirite

• Sir Piers does some great remixes. Check out Jill Scott's "Golden", A Tribe Called Quest's "After Hours" and "Bonita Applebum", Aaliyah's "Rock The Boat" and a remix of Snoop/JT's Signs.

I love the remixes he did of "golden" and the 2 tribe mixes, got them all on vinyl but i had no idea about the Aaliyah & "signs" remixes. i bet they are

any way you could post up a link or 2?

Aaliyah - Rock The Boat (Vincent Sosumi Remix) Vincent Sosumi = Sir Piers Remix. The signs remix is actually under the name Dirtdiggers
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E552311B4B32FB65

Michael Jackson - PYT white label remix... keeps to original.. really useful record.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/xl0bg8

Outkast - Bombs Over Baghdad S&M House Remix ... found this on a whitelabel in Paris three years ago... my favorite record probably.
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/outkast-bombs-over-baghdad-sm-remix-mp3.html

Acappella for above
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0C1A2C2D53B3F74F

Post any heat you have.

• nice....

The It - Donnie
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/yqn7ng
    some nice old chicago shit

my battery is about to die let me see if i can upload another before that happens.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

Anyone? Bueller?

Can't find a good mp3 of it right now, but for your example, I would pick Gusto - Disco's Revenge, it's probably the best house record based on Harvey Mason - Groovin You

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    As easy as they come disco track used by a nineties house tune:

Rare Pleasure - Let Me Down Easy

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    As easy as they come disco track used by a nineties house tune:

Rare Pleasure - Let Me Down Easy

Yeah, dope... I forgot about this track. Damn, I can't post anything from work.