You ever call 911? Did I do right?

2»

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    asking soulstrut if it's ok you ratted out some fools servin' a beat down is ///

Oh shut the fuck up with your school yard logic.

these soulstrut moments are so high school that I get to like them

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    What I want to know is this: a lot of police depts around the country stepped up hiring in the 1990s...if that's the case, where did all the cops go? The most frequent explanation I've heard about the shortcomings of the 911 system is the lack of personnel to make it work as well as it should. Not that the two can't be mutually exclusive - maybe PDs did staff up yet are still short of where they need to be?

I thinks that's pretty true in NYC, there was a massive wave of retirements after 9/11 so all the new hires have probably just kept the numbers where they were. With a way higher percentage of inexperienced cops on the force too, which can't help things.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Cops don't walk beats anymore (or really drive them, for that matter), they are strictly response for the most part. At least that's what the Chief of Police in the town I recently moved out of told me. I also found out that loitering is protected by the constitution.

So in this regard, I was told by him (and he never had to tell me, just confirmed it), you see something fishy, call the cops. But call the NON-EMERGENCY NUMBER. Which is cool by me.

I have that in my cell, and when I would see the knuckleheads slinging in the alley behind the house, I would call the cops. I see the users hanging out in the alley, I would call the cops. My idiot neighbors fist-fighting each other in the street or drunk laying in the middle of the street(yes I saw this first hand), call the cops. Why should I go and rile up an idiot doper laying in the street? That's the cop's job.

Some of you folks and your 'mind-your bizness' mentality slay me! You wanna sling drugs? Find a street where the folks who live there don't care, or do it INSIDE your own house. Me, I am calling the cops on your ass when I see you in the alley or on the corner. Same with domestic shit. Beat your wife INSIDE the house, hey...what I don't know....but do it in the street? I am not gonna ask you to fill out a form first. Call the cops, let them sort it out.

• The one time I called 911 for crime was for a gang fight in Revere Beach, MA. I was watching from a nearby balcony as these two Asian gangs faced off, and when fists started flying, I called. Oddly enough, when I explained the what and the where, the operator was like 'Yeah, we already heard about it, cops are on the way.' It just started 25 seconds ago and it's already old news?

If that makes me a bitch for snitching like that, I can live with that. It is good to know and use the non-emergency number when necessary, too.

• WTF. I'm sure they have some rule saying you can hang up on callers but this is some bullshit. There should be some $5000 fine or something for making fraudulent calls like this. I would have chewed that lady a new asshole even if it meant me getting fired.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i usually mind my business unless its extreme. Maybe that kid was getting his ass kicked for a reason. Now if some girl was being raped then we got a different story. Or some old lady getting punched in the face and robbed, different story. But sometimes you gotta take an asswhopin and thats how it goes. Police aint gonna really help you anyway.

i'm sure you'd only want the same done for you and yours.
    actually if i was getting my ass beaten up, yeah i wouldnt want the cops to come. They have a habitat of making things real difficult sometimes. i would rather just deal with it on my own. Like case in point, i got jumped at a church bazaar a few years ago out here in PA. I was smashed and 3 dudes followed me and my roommate, who also was shitty drunk, to where we thought the chick that drove us theres car was and they hit us with bats in the head and we got knocked out. They also apparently were kicking us in the face when we were unconscious. We woke up to the sight of ten cops and ambulances there and they basically took us without any consent. They wouldn't just let us go home. my boy got in alot of legal trouble due to the fact he had a fake id. they also billed us for an ambulance ride that we tried to refuse. They tried to get us in the hospital but we had to break out of there and run about 4 blocks to get to this kids house that we knew. So the cops actually took an unpleasant situation and made it ten times worse. they didn't find the kids who jumped us, they didn't get us our money back, they made us pay a bunch of money on top of getting the shit kicked out of us. So yeah i really wish someone didnt call 911 that night cause it really was an inconvenience. And i really wouldnt wish that to anyone else who got there nose broken , face stomped, ass kicked. The police do have a time and a place when they are needed, but in Arcadians case, i think he may have jumped the gun.

I;m definitely going to call the cops if I ever see this, and you BETTER do the got-damn same if you ever se3e it happening to me

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Twice in my personal life, countless times profesionally.

When i was a kid, my grandma had a heart attack, i called 911 (111 in NZ) and an ambulance came. it was pretty cool. (the ambulance, not my grandmas heart attack).

When i was 20 something, the next door neighbour started beating his wife, Hard. i called, and said "im listening to my next door neighbour beat his wife" cops were there in 4 seconds, dragged the guy into the adjacent alley and beat him like a red-headed stepchild.

Profesionally, almost every time ive been outnumbered and had trouble in my bars.
    response time is on average 10 minutes, but the all-time record was 35 and we were 1 minute from the central station. (this is in Amsterdam) in that time i had to keep a group of 12 drunk batchelor party dickheads from reentering, thank god for the two American soldiers that were in the bar, (Rammstein boys, Amsterdam is a hopskipandajump away and my bar is a favorite).

If i see anyone being beat, robbed, raped whatever of course im gonna call the police. thats why we have police, you highschool mentality stop snitching folls need to grow up.

• I'm w/ thelowendtheory on this one.

• When i was 20 something, the next door neighbour started beating his wife, Hard. i called, and said "im listening to my next door neighbour beat his wife" cops were there in 4 seconds, dragged the guy into the adjacent alley and beat him like a red-headed stepchild.

That's fucking awesome.

• If i see anyone being beat, robbed, raped whatever of course im gonna call the police. thats why we have police, you highschool mentality stop snitching folls need to grow up.