Another Sneaker Post...

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I'm not a big fan of Jordan Brand. But these Retro Green Bean V w/ the reflective outer shell is Meanwhile I copped a pair of these..... Proceed to hate and debate for oh so long.

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    The Jordans have gone for the stretch-toe look, i.e. the ankle part of the shoe down to the bottom lace is all the same size on every pair, and they just add extra toe length for the different sizes. It's OK if you have doll-sized feet, but 11 and upwards = CLOWN SHOE. They ultimately hinge in the middle for hightened embarrassment.

The glow-in-the-darks? I like them. Some concerns:

1) Radiation sickness.
    2) Someone in a club will stick you up for them.
    3) It would be hard to hide at night, should that be an occupational hazard. Like, if you were boning some hottie in her place and her dude comes home, and you hide in the closet - he would be like "WTF is in there? Kryptonite?"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Has anyone seen anybody sportin' these?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Are those the lebrons? Gross
    I like the rereleased jordans but I wear 10 & a halfs
    My favorites were the Jordan 5s, the black ones with orange trim
    one of my coworkers has gray 4s, i like those pretty good too.

• My favorites were the Jordan 5s, the black ones with orange trim

I could be mistaken, but I don't think they ever put out black V's with orange trim. Maybe some fakes but the legit ones have only come out in a handful of colors. I do like those grey 4's though, those are legit. With the little bit of yellow in the air bubble.

I kinda like the olive/orange V UNLTD's that came out recently, matched up with the olive/orange all-over print jordan zip up jacket.

&

not necessarily colors I ever liked before, but, this could work.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Has anyone seen anybody sportin' these?

Wrong question to ask on this board man. "They look like space shoes!" "Hideous".
    It's an aesthetic, only basketball players appreciate.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

My favorites were the Jordan 5s, the black ones with orange trim

I could be mistaken, but I don't think they ever put out black V's with orange trim. Maybe some fakes but the legit ones have only come out in a handful of colors. I do like those grey 4's though, those are legit. With the little bit of yellow in the air bubble.

My bad, I was thinking of the 6's, not the 5s

• These drop tomorrow. Limited to 99 pairs each:

I REALLY want the red ones (yellow, too), but there's NO WAY I'm paying $300+ for a pair. Guess I'll have to wait for the unavoidable cellphone pic from Sween wearing one of each pair: one on his left foot, one on his right, one reflected in his sunglasses and one strategically placed over his crotch.

Truth be told, I CAN'T WAIT.

Herm

P.S. I miss the days when NB wasn't all about the super-expensive x limited edition x collabo craze.

• these are one of the sickest basketball shoes ever. summer of '96 i had the white and red ones.

• Wrong question to ask on this board man. "They look like space shoes!" "Hideous".
    It's an aesthetic, only basketball players appreciate.

well it's not really that, it's the fact that most dope "basketball" shoes are made to play basketball in, not to stunt in. Most folks I know (who ball) wouldn't wear good bball shoes on the street anyway. That's why people rock 1's and dunks and shit like that when they aren't playing ball...

That said, those Lebrons are alright looking, kinda . I think the Melo M3's are a little bit fresher. I'm sure most Jordans from 6 or 7 and up are pretty good to ball in, though I wouldn't wear anything more than the 5's as street shoes. But that's just me.

Melo M3:

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

I kinda like the olive/orange V UNLTD's that came out recently, matched up with the olive/orange all-over print jordan zip up jacket.

&

not necessarily colors I ever liked before, but, this could work.
    my friend just got that jacket and its mad nice. Im digging it.

• hey whats the name of that docu about sneakers that came out a year or two back? I heard there was a dvd, but i dont know what to search on.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    http://www.justforkicksmovie.com/

i never seen it but it looks pretty fresh

this is cool if your into the whole reading thing
    http://www.amazon.com/Whered-Those-Citys-Sneaker-Culture/dp/1576871797

• this is cool if your into the whole reading thing
    http://www.amazon.com/Whered-Those-Citys-Sneaker-Culture/dp/1576871797

thanks, and i got that book, its very cool. I think i bought it to make up for the very sad fact that i had these back when they came out:

... but skateboarded in them till they fell apart...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I don't get the allure of being a sneaker head and copping the ame shoes that everybody rocks--various Jordan throwbacks, dunks, and uptowns--in rare colors. To me it just seems kind of silly when the grandma on the subway next to you has the same shoes as you, only in a different color.
    That said, I just got these.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

these are one of the sickest basketball shoes ever. summer of '96 i had the white and red ones.

one of my favorite kicks as well
    i copped that colorway when they dropped
    i just picked these up

• i just copped these:

• Has anyone seen anybody sportin' these?

jordan tattoo?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i just copped these:

those are fresh. i saw those a couple days ago. may need to scoop those as well

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

I'm not a big fan of Jordan Brand. But these Retro Green Bean V w/ the reflective outer shell is

My wife got me these for my birthday and I've been rocking the fuck out of them.

I don't get the allure of being a sneaker head and copping the ame shoes that everybody rocks--various Jordan throwbacks, dunks, and uptowns--in rare colors. To me it just seems kind of silly when the grandma on the subway next to you has the same shoes as you, only in a different color.
    That said, I just got these.

BAN[/b]

But I have a gang of Jack Purcell's. The slip-on's are especially w/ the name all over the outer. JP's are crazy comfortable.

• I don't get the allure of being a sneaker head and copping the ame shoes that everybody rocks--various Jordan throwbacks, dunks, and uptowns--in rare colors. To me it just seems kind of silly when the grandma on the subway next to you has the same shoes as you, only in a different color.

Kinda the same silly as having the same record in your crate as the DJ performing before you?

I just copped a pair of AF1 mid's with the exact colorway of the original jordan 1 black and reds, and I haven't seen one person wearing them, ever.

And shit, I have never seen a grandma rocking J's before. I'd give props though if I did.

• I don't get the allure of being a sneaker head and copping the ame shoes that everybody rocks--various Jordan throwbacks, dunks, and uptowns--in rare colors.

i like the idea of getting sneakers that i had when i was a kid, or even better, that i wished i had when i was a kid.

i also get a kick out of walking around and seeing teenagers wearing shoes i had 15 years ago.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

these are one of the sickest basketball shoes ever. summer of '96 i had the white and red ones.

for serious, had these in this colorway, shit was money on the court dun.

• I'm not a big fan of Jordan Brand. But these Retro Green Bean V w/ the reflective outer shell is

Meanwhile I copped a pair of these.....

Proceed to hate and debate for oh so long.

I love the Green Beans..but mine are creasin' like muthafucker. As for recent Jordan released..I also copped the White/True Blue/Grey V's and the Womens White/Red/Orangish color V's(in my size of course).

• Womens White/Red/Orangish color V's(in my size of course).

Whoa, I didn't know those are women's, those are hot.

1 question: Do the women's sizes run narrow? I always wondered that. I have wide ass feet and I can't even wear shoes by Adidas or Puma because the soles are so narrow I feel like I'm wearing rubber ice skates.

• Any of y'all Dunk heads?

I need to buy my boy some fresh new exclusive shit for Christmas. Problem is , this dude is up on damn near everything and gets that shit as soon as they drop (sometimes for damn near free!).

I saw them glow-in-the-dark Dunks but I guess they don't come out 'til next year. Any ideas? It's hard shopping for dudes who have everything!

Herm

I saw them glow-in-the-dark Dunks but I guess they don't come out 'til next year. Any ideas? It's hard shopping for dudes who have everything!

• Womens White/Red/Orangish color V's(in my size of course).

Whoa, I didn't know those are women's, those are hot.

I picked those up at the Nike outlet for 80 bucks. They had sizes 12 and 13.

• Most Nike's are made in China and surrounding areas and they usually drop there (whether they are supposed ot or not) earlier than they do here, which is why you see people with shit like glow in the darks (which are fresh, btw) before they are ever for sale in any stores here. That might be a bad example, those might be out by now, but my point is, if you order off the net from a reputable shoe dealer, you can get anything. These 2 ebay dealers always seem to have the hot shit, and they seem pretty legit:

http://stores.ebay.com/Id4shoes
    http://stores.ebay.com/kixpress