Microwave nightmare # 49857 live from the club!

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Soooo....Bout fifteen minutes ago, some drunken bitch spilled her beer all over the back of my labtop (12" Mac powerbook), luckily not into the keyboard or I probably wouldn't be posting this right now. When I grabbed the labtop and yanked it away from the beer shit cut out completely and the screen went dark. I yelled over to the bar for them to switch it to their house system connected to their ipod and they did, so no angry crowd or anything. I was pretty much freakin the fuck out, the girl that did it ran out the door with her friends. I dried everything off and got to work figuring out whether or not my shit was fucked. When I turned it on, I got a message saying my calendar was set to 2001 (????) and that it would probably affect a few applications. I couldn't move the mouse either. I ran outside to chase down those girls but they already skirted out. Coming back in defeated, I shut it down and turned it back on. This time, everything was fine. Hard drive intact, all music intact. Whew... I'm hoping that it was just yanking it away that fucked it up for a sec? Anyways, trying to figure out what my next step should be to cover my bases. FUCK.

Comments

• damn that sucks doggie

1). Angry Crowd? FUCK THE ANGRY CROWD! Worry about Angry Natt!! That's one of the few things I worry about when taking my laptop out-and-about

2). Take it to the Apple Store tomorrow. If you need my latop on saturday night I got you holmes.

• 1. Damn man sorry to hear that but I don't shit about Macs.

2. What shit hot gig did my lazy ass miss this evening?

3. What's good for Friday and Sat nights?

4. You got pics from the Leftovers jam?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    me
    when i dj i use records still
    imma ludditte

also glad i'm not a "pro"club dj' dude
    that is a tough job based on all of the stories on hear on the soulstrut

i don't think i could ever "rock" a "dildo" or a "microwave" for some "beckys"
    in a club.
    i would wind up shooting one of them when the come up to request some justin timberlake
    she be like "can I hear........."
    and i would just floss a tek 9 from my dj bag and commence to spray becky brains all over the dancefloor.
    brrrrrrrrrappppppppp splaaat
    the porter would have to clean that shit up and it would be a hassle and not really
    that much fun.

I want to be part of a scene whereby we create the enviornment where PLUR or any sense of gezellig can thrive and exist.

It's an unenviable job tending to the whimsy of drunk consumer sheeple requesting packaged product like "laffy taffy" and "chicken noodle line dance puke" and the newest whatever garbage they try to pass of as hip hop
    "reggaeton" and "krink"[krunk but krink is cooler...some linda prehaps?] tunes and such

i would react violently and play vintage 80s death metal,gutbucket funk and folkway blues

also i'll cut a bitch who drench my computer
    just kidding......

but not really

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    P*t, you are a true blue hommie. Hopefully things will be cool but thanks for having a dude's back.

B*n, this is Double Dutch every Thursday in the Mission, 16th b/w Guerrero and Valencia. M****t took a grip of pictures on Friday, at least I think she did, so I'll ask her and there might actually be documentation of Rootless Cosmo dancing to "We Fly High"!

This weekend, its Slide on Friday, Warriors game on Saturday, and then Slide afterwards. Holler at me dood.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    goddamn, goddamn!

That is incredibly weak. What is wrong w/ those girls man? I hope you got a good look at them. I would definitely call them out on the mic next time I see them at a party.

The clock thing might just be your wireless not picking up a signal after an accidental shut down. I assume you selected your clock to be synced w/ apple's server clock, which requires an internet connection.

Best advice, dry the fuck out of your laptop. Blowdry cool setting, then lay it on a bed of rice to soak up any excess moisture.

goddamn, goddamn!

That is incredibly weak. What is wrong w/ those girls man? I hope you got a good look at them. I would definitely call them out on the mic next time I see them at a party.

The clock thing might just be your wireless not picking up a signal after an accidental shut down. I assume you selected your clock to be synced w/ apple's server clock, which requires an internet connection.

Best advice, dry the fuck out of your laptop. Blowdry cool setting, then lay it on a bed of rice to soak up any excess moisture.

Yeah that makes sense about the clock 'cause I moved it away from where the signal is in this place. I hope that's it. I think my shit is gonna be ok, *knock on wood.*

So lay it on a bed of rice huh? How very...Aser of you.

• ive had my ibook go out and restart with the clock wrong, just fix it in system prefrences. if i grab it in one spot on the battery it seems to lose connection and shut off abrupty. when i re-start it the fan blows louder than usual for 3-5 seconds but so far no problems have been caused because of it.

OK I am leaving the club now, thanks for providing some moral support folls, minus that one psychopathic dude yeesh!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    minus that one psychopathic dude yeesh!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    just make sure you clean that motherfucker real good. Beer will leave it all sticky and could casue alot of future problems. I came home drunk once with my Microwave setup and i just left it on the table. There was a bunch of people after partyin at my place and over the night someone knocked over a full glass of water on my laptop. Wouldnt turn on for like 2 days. Im just happy as fuck it wasnt beer or soda, cause that shit is a nightmare to clean once it dries.

• I was wondering if people with laptop stands feel like that helps protect their laptop a little more from accidental spillage? Drunk nosey fuckers are going to be drunk nosey fuckers, but atleast it's up off the table where people can't knock over drinks that have been set down. Any thoughts?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Dude... that sucks. Hopefully everything will be cool with the lappy.

I'm picturing a wicked chase scene in my head, though. Becky's fleeing from the club and Nat quickly trailing after in hopes of a confrontation. Becky's getting lost in a big crowd narrowly escaping the wrath of a pissed off DJ.

Soundtrack to said chase... hmmm... how about a remix of the Get Carter soudtrack entitled Get Becky. Pitched up with a hyphy back beat. Josh B, I'm looking at you to make it

• not dildo related...but a drunk ass old dude bumped into the turns last night...knocked the mixer from out between them, knocked the power strip off the table(unplugging it), fucked everything up. While I was regrouping and puttin shit back together, shingaling grabbed dude and had Oldy McOlderstein open his wallet...just in case I need to buy a new Harvey Scales "Funky Football", that needle bounced and dragged something awful across that rekkid.

• I just don't understand why bars don't invest in DJ's... they should have their own equipment there, and provide a place that blocks accidents waiting to happen like drunk girls....

speak on it....

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    ive seen a few casees that keep it seperate. I need that shit at gigs too though. Ive had people come up and just bump into my laptop and it would fuck up the usb connection from the exteral hd to the laptop and just crash Microwave.

off topic - Does anyone know what the deal is with the power supply for Microwave? I remember plugging one with the same specs into it but it wouldnt allow my shit to play thru without having it usb'd to the pc.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I just don't understand why bars don't invest in DJ's... they should have their own equipment there, and provide a place that blocks accidents waiting to happen like drunk girls....

speak on it....

That or have a fucking shield between the DJ and the crowd so that this shit doesn't happen. Get some hockey-style plexi-glass up there or something, cause this kinda shit is unacceptable.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I just don't understand why bars don't invest in DJ's... they should have their own equipment there, and provide a place that blocks accidents waiting to happen like drunk girls....

speak on it....

That or have a fucking shield between the DJ and the crowd so that this shit doesn't happen. Get some hockey-style plexi-glass up there or something, cause this kinda shit is unacceptable.

Or how 'bout this million-dollar idea: some sort of anti-spillage condom for your dildo laptop. (Yes, yes, and all that)

• sometimes i wish i had a tazer

• I just don't understand why bars don't invest in DJ's... they should have their own equipment there, and provide a place that blocks accidents waiting to happen like drunk girls....

speak on it....

The spot I dj monthly has a booth. It helps keep the Becky???s away from the equipment. They tend to line up at the stairs though. When I am on my own I line up chairs with crates on them so they can't get up into the booth. Last month one bitch came up to the booth between nearly every song to tell me she did not like the music and asked me at one point to play Ashley Simpson. I laughed at her but she kept coming back. Finally I told her to find another club and she got really pissed, then I told her she should buy her own equipment and become a dj because apparently she already knew a lot about it. She left. I love being mean to dumb bitches. I know some dudes get pissed, but I really kind of enjoy it. I already have my diss prepped for next month. "Aren???t you a little old for JT, I mean once you hit your mid thirties you should really grow up musically." I think if I say this to a Becky in her late to mid 20's it might make her cry.

• The spot I dj monthly has a booth. It helps keep the Becky???s away from the equipment. They tend to line up at the stairs though. When I am on my own I line up chairs with crates on them so they can't get up into the booth. Last month one bitch came up to the booth between nearly every song to tell me she did not like the music and asked me at one point to play Ashley Simpson. I laughed at her but she kept coming back. Finally I told her to find another club and she got really pissed, then I told her she should buy her own equipment and become a dj because apparently she already knew a lot about it. She left. I love being mean to dumb bitches. I know some dudes get pissed, but I really kind of enjoy it. I already have my diss prepped for next month. "Aren???t you a little old for JT, I mean once you hit your mid thirties you should really grow up musically." I think if I say this to a Becky in her late to mid 20's it might make her cry.

aye holmes, i think she likes you.

speak on it....

The spot I dj monthly has a booth. It helps keep the Becky???s away from the equipment. They tend to line up at the stairs though. When I am on my own I line up chairs with crates on them so they can't get up into the booth. Last month one bitch came up to the booth between nearly every song to tell me she did not like the music and asked me at one point to play Ashley Simpson. I laughed at her but she kept coming back. Finally I told her to find another club and she got really pissed, then I told her she should buy her own equipment and become a dj because apparently she already knew a lot about it. She left. I love being mean to dumb bitches. I know some dudes get pissed, but I really kind of enjoy it. I already have my diss prepped for next month. "Aren???t you a little old for JT, I mean once you hit your mid thirties you should really grow up musically." I think if I say this to a Becky in her late to mid 20's it might make her cry.

I use the same old "headphones on I can't hear you trick.." with a smug face... ala

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

speak on it....

Or how 'bout this million-dollar idea: some sort of anti-spillage condom for your dildo laptop. (Yes, yes, and all that)

A dildo condom. Just brilliant. We shall call this product "The AYO".

The commercial:

Scene: Group of DJs and DJ friends irate and yelling about dumb Becky spilling beer on their dildo. DJs, Microwave and laptop are on the "Club set" where the laptop is soaked in liquid. Miller Lite bottle is seen spinning on left turtable in puddle of frothy beer. Laptop is actually on fire a little bit. Angry crowd staring at DJs (Morse Code, King Most, Ross Hogg) arguing. Then...

DJ1 (Morse Code): "I can't beleive that floozy shorted out my dildo by spilling her beer!"

DJ2 (King Most, dressed in fireman outfit): "I'll put out the fire." Leaves off screen.

DJ3 (RossHogg): "Stupid fucking Beckies. I TOLD you not to take requests."

DJ Ferrari runs in from off screen.

DJ4 (Ferrari): "Hey, did you guys see where my Marina friends Amber and Chrtina went? I saw them run out of the club as soon as the music cut."

King most returns with fire extinguisher and some random guy in chaps to put out fire. Fire extinguisher spurts. All DJs looking forlorn at burnt laptop. Announcer then begins talking from off screen.

Announcer (Enki): "Hate when your dildo goes on the fritz because some dumb ass Becky spills her beer on it?"

DJS: Group Nod. "Yeah"

Announcer: "Then get the AYO for that dildo!"

Huge condom in huge square lap-top shaped condom wrapper with AYO insignia and RAJ's face on it is handed by anonymous hand from off screen. Smoove "Love TKO" intro begins playing. As soon as bassline hits, DJ Morse Code unwraps unusually sized and square condom wrapper with starting with his teeth and looking at his computer with bedroom eyes. Bassline is looped and Morse Code is working bedroom mojo, seducing computer with eyebrow moves and unnecessary toungue wagging, and then slides the AYO condom over his laptop. Crow begins dancing again due to the sexiness of the scene. Unusually large sized condom has resevoir tip at the top of the screen.

Morse Code is rocking party again. Club in full part action again. Beckies from before come back. DJ Ferrari greets them. They immediately come back to DJ booth. Becky #2 spills beer on MorseCode's computer but he just looks at her and laughs with a patronizing smile because he had his AYO on.

Morse Code turns to camera...

DJ1 (Morse Code): "The night is saved! Thank you Ayo!"

End commercial.

I'm picturing a wicked chase scene in my head, though. Becky's fleeing from the club and Nat quickly trailing after in hopes of a confrontation. Becky's getting lost in a big crowd narrowly escaping the wrath of a pissed off DJ.

Soundtrack to said chase... hmmm... how about a remix of the Get Carter soudtrack entitled Get Becky. Pitched up with a hyphy back beat. Josh B, I'm looking at you to make it

Shit seems to be cool today. I'm gonna get to work cleanin this sombatch. Smells sorta like

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

hahaha... this needs to happen! Gnat, can you direct? I'll start auditions for the roles of Amber and Christina

WOW! lol Gnat... I don't think I've ever heard R*ss curse though, haha...

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    WOW! lol Gnat... I don't think I've ever heard R*ss curse though, haha...

Yeah, I think your right. I didn't seem like him when I wrote it. Perhaps Serge for that part. Ferrari, all in good fun: Disrespectfelatin I'm not. That gives me an idea. Puto's head is on the condom wrapper, not Raj's.

I'm trying to avoid studying Physiology right now, can you tell?

• man, a friend of mine has the same computer (12" powerbook).. someone spilled a whole draft beer in the keyboard, and it never fucked up... this was at least a year and a half ago, and he still uses it like 4 nights a week with no problems... it stunk for a while, but it ran fine

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Man this dumb bitch did the same thing to mine last week and I had a towel right there and just wiped it off immediately. It's been fine no problems at all. Then the next night the bass from the subs vibrated the computer off it's stand and it fell off the booth and the you gotta see this club and set up. the booth is 20 feet high in the air above the club but the kicker is that it bounced off a small ledge and fell back beteen a 1 inch space under the decks and my boy scene caught it! If it would went over the booth it would have shattered to pieces or bonked someone in their head. Luckily that didn't happen and also I wasn't playing at the time so it wasn't even plugged into the Microwave box. Morse send your email addy...........