Seattle dump, 11/30/06

JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    theres a massive landfill close to my parents house (WEST COVINA REPRESENT!)

I've often thought on a boring day of going large scale dumpster diving for records but then I remember that theres supposed to be nuclear waste there too.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

HOLY SHIT! Anyone else see the Moments on HOG in there??

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Did you take the pic? Anything good in there?

The dump is a scary, scary place. I went to the one in Oakland when I was doing work for Habitat for Humanity, and it is scary to see how much junk we create and throw into landfills.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

is that Bop St.?

each 45 is a hundred bucks. oh wait, there not for sale

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

is that Bop St.?

each 45 is a hundred bucks. oh wait, there not for sale[/b]

• Back in my younger days I used to collect beer cans. We used to go "dumping" quite regularly (lotsa fun in Georgia in the summertime). Scored some nice raers every now and then.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Some records I've found at actual landfills

People throw away good shit

DIE!

The dangerously misread LP.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

DIE!

Sealed. 10 cents.

For all the GD Grateful Dead collections I buy, I want one with this in it damnit!

True status would've been Howard's estate willing it to you.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

is that Bop St.?

each 45 is a hundred bucks. oh wait, there not for sale

"Okay that one I'll have to get back to you on, that's a really rare
    one...."

• "Okay that one I'll have to get back to you on, that's a really rare
    one...."

You know, the last time I was in there, which must have been three years ago, I came in right at the end of the day when dude wasn't there.

I started flipping through all of the garbage in the jazz room, and within twenty minutes came up on 'Niara', 'He's Coming', and the first Earth, Wind, & Fire record.

I go up to the counter and the guy working is kind of unsure about selling me anything when this boss isn't around. He isn't sure how to price the records I brought up.

'Umm, come on man, it's the end of the day, just sell me these and we can both go home.'

'Okay, okay' - look of shell-shocked doubt and revenge on his face, product of the psychological trauma of working there - 'how about twenty bucks for all three?'

Totally bizarre, every other time I've been in there it's been total garbage.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

"Okay that one I'll have to get back to you on, that's a really rare
    one...."

You know, the last time I was in there, which must have been three years ago, I came in right at the end of the day when dude wasn't there.

I started flipping through all of the garbage in the jazz room, and within twenty minutes came up on 'Niara', 'He's Coming', and the first Earth, Wind, & Fire record.

I go up to the counter and the guy working is kind of unsure about selling me anything when this boss isn't around. He isn't sure how to price the records I brought up.

'Umm, come on man, it's the end of the day, just sell me these and we can both go home.'

'Okay, okay' - look of shell-shocked doubt and revenge on his face, product of the psychological trauma of working there - 'how about twenty bucks for all three?'

Totally bizarre, every other time I've been in there it's been total garbage.

Don't get me wrong I've come up in Bop St. before, $7 for a Monty Alexander-Rass,
    or $10 for Black Slate-Amigo Dub Lp that I flipped for $150. I just can't stand
    Dave. Luckily he doesn't remember me since I didn't go there for awhile. He knew
    my boys who took me there when I first came to Seattle, which was a blessing and a
    curse. Who knows how long it would have taken me to find Bop St. on my own, but
    being associated with a few of Seattle more famous diggers meant everything I wanted
    must be worth big $$$. It took a couple years of not going there to erase that stigma.