Apple iPhone

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Yo, I want my Apple iPhone like two years ago. Already got too much shit in my pockets. Skip all the bullshit and go straight to the bottom: Apple is trying to patent a "tube-like device" combining a cell phone and iPod. Hopefully (and it sure as hell should) take a piss on the Slvr misstep.
Apple Seeks U.S. Patent for Combo Mobile Phone, IPod By Connie Guglielmo and Susan DeckerNov. 30 (Bloomberg) -- Apple Computer Inc. is seeking patent protection for a device that combines a mobile phone with its iPod, the strongest indication yet that the company is preparing to expand its best-selling music player into wireless device. A patent application, made public today, claims Apple invented a combination of a mobile phone and the iPod. The application was filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in August, and is related to an application filed in July 2004. Analysts have speculated for the past year that Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs will parlay the success of iPod into another line of products. Piper Jaffray Co.'s Gene Munster and Benjamin Reitzes of UBS AG said this week that Jobs could introduce a so-called iPhone as early as January. ``This is another piece of evidence that the iPhone is coming,'' Munster said from his office in Minneapolis. He rates the shares ``outperform.'' ``This show they're trying to build a patent moat around the design for the iPhone.'' Shares of Cupertino, California-based Apple rose 76 cents to $92.56 at 1:31 p.m. New York time in Nasdaq Stock Market composite trading. The stock has gained 28 percent this year before today. Apple may sell 3.9 million phones in 2007 and 6.7 million in 2008, Keith Bachman of Banc of America Securities said in a report last week. The phone may sell for an average of $300 and add as much as $1.5 billion to annual sales, said Reitzes in New York, the second-ranked computer analyst by Institutional Investor magazine. Apple's application describes a ``tube-like'' device made using zirconia and aluminum and that would be ``cost effective, smaller, lighter, stronger and aesthetically more pleasing than current'' designs. The application was one of three made public today. One is for a camera hatch that is attached to computers. The second is for a graphical user interface for Web pages. A fourth patent application, made public Nov. 23, relates to the use of podcasts on portable media devices.[/b]

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im imagining a cell phone that breaks as frequently as an ipod does and then thinking about how much more pissed people will be with that shit breaking

• Yeah and the battery will suck a dick as well.

• mattsonzeezy said:
    Yeah and the battery will suck a dick as well.

Exactly the first generation phones are going to suck like a majority of first gen products. It is going to take 3 to 5 generations to get the phone worked out without any problems, maybe less because they are getting the current IPODS relatively stable. Check www.engadget.com and www.gizmodo.com they keep tabs on tech gossip and all the new technology to come out. The do a really good job on stalking the industry.

Reallly, I want a phone that meets these criteria:
    Motorola sidekick three(body) with microsoft windows mobile, internal 20 gig HDD (min), 128 mb memory, wifi and bluetooth enabled, windows mediaplayer plays audio and video and has a 2 megapixel camera records both stills and video clips. If I had a phone like this I would be an extremely happy employee. I wouldn't have to carry home a laptop everynight if I had a phone like that. I guess I am not asking for much 'eh?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    im imagining a cell phone that breaks as frequently as an ipod does and then thinking about how much more pissed people will be with that shit breaking

from what ive hurd, its going to be based on the nano solid state design which is pretty rugged already.

re: sucky battery

yes, but it will be SO F*KIN worth it! and the nano/ipods are not that difficult to diy a replacement battery.

i welcome steve jobs with open arms.

• i welcome steve jobs with open arms

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    i welcome steve jobs with open arms

That gets a pasue?