This is a PROMO batchez... (ebay description relat

Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...14761&rd=1&rd=1"The Promo indication on this label boldly states that this is no ordinary record. It was specially pressed for a some of the top DJ's in the country (like Me) to utilize its deep, wide spaced grooves to produce a bold, strong, musical presence. It is meant to be programmed at a high volume level, in a Nightclub with a professional soundsystem."

Comments

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    "No scuffs or scratches. Real fresh!!! A couple of Raindeer footprints, and just a dusting of snow."

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I didn't know the Universal Robot Band cut a Christmas record. Has anyone heard this?

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    http://www.discomusic.com/records-more/3598_0_2_12_C48/

"Most Christmas disco records seem to be rehashes of old songs and Christmas Carols, such as the Salsoul Orchestra's Christmas Jollies. However, the Universal Robot Band's one Christmas record was an original piece of music.

The song features a chorus "Disco Christmas, we're gonna hustle 'round the tree...", and the verses feature a spoken dialogue between Santa and Rudolph.

The conversation between them becomes bitter when Santa implies Rudolph is ugly.
    Santa: "Hey, do you still think I'm a jive turkey?"
    Rudolph: "No, but you're fat like a turkey, and I'll be damned if you can fit down that chimney!"

By the end of the record, Santa fires Rudolph."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Greg Charmichael's releases have balooned in price. Great record to not only play for your club... but also a wise investment[/b] Bid NOW..and hopefully win it at a great price.

Don't bid on this record if you are an investor[/b], and your only objective is to give it a "quick turn" for profit. Only good DJ's, and record preservationist's (collectors) deserve a classic like this.

Dude comes off like a dangerous idiot...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Erotique Digging Fiction:

Winner take notice: Please take good care of this classic record. Give her a good loving home. She has consistently performed well all of her life. Take good care of her. Don't place her on something that may scratch her...or cause her harm. Keep her away from heat and direct hot sun, which will cause her to wilt and expire. Don't mix her up in a different cover...or misplace her...she may miss you. Occasionally, place her gently on a padded platter, and carefully lay down her lover...a clean and balanced tonearm not to exceed 3.0 grams of weight, and she will sing for all eternity.[/b] This is all I ask

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Erotique Digging Fiction:

Winner take notice: Please take good care of this classic record. Give her a good loving home. She has consistently performed well all of her life. Take good care of her. Don't place her on something that may scratch her...or cause her harm. Keep her away from heat and direct hot sun, which will cause her to wilt and expire. Don't mix her up in a different cover...or misplace her...she may miss you. Occasionally, place her gently on a padded platter, and carefully lay down her lover...a clean and balanced tonearm not to exceed 3.0 grams of weight, and she will sing for all eternity.[/b] This is all I ask

Ahahahaha... LOL!

For real though, I've seen this guys auctions before, and he does occasionally offer promo's that were only given to known disco DJs at the time. His idea that all promo's are distributed that way may be skewed but he's not out of his mind.

• just a dusting of snow.

I think the seller is underestimating the amount of snow involved in the writing of that description.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    just a dusting of snow.

I think the seller is underestimating the amount of snow involved in the writing of that description.

HAH HAHHHHHH!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    this guy is full of classics

"I played it, and it works the dance floor like Monika Lewinsky worked Clinton."

"Most of my records were never in a record store being manhandled by hundreds, if not thousands of careless people. The only other caring fingerprints on this record could have been from other professional DJ / artists of my time such as: the legendary Walter Gibbons (DJ remixer) Jim Burgess (DJ / Producer / Remixer) Ray F. Caviano ( RFC Records / Producer) Eddie Rivera (International Disco Record Center) Jenny Costa (WKTU guest DJ), David Mancuso (The Loft at 99 Prince St. / Record Pool) or David Morales (For The Record / Def Jam / Producer / Songwriter / Remixer). If this record could talk!"

"i just love to see bids. I really don't even look at price."

uh huh, sure buddy.