I Just Ran Up On Mr. Allen Toussaint

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
On the street during lunch to introduce myself and say that I appreciate his music. He was very gracious. "Wow! Thank you. It's a small world, isn't it?"The man was wearing a simple black suit and tie with white shirt and must have been gearing up for his performance tonight at World Cafe Live in Philly tonight. Appreciate a living legend.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've been trying hard to convince you, girl
    now I've got to convince myself

for the love of god, I can't make up my mind
    Am I saying what I mean or am I just marking time?

seen?

• On the street during lunch to introduce myself and say that I appreciate his music.

He was very gracious. "Wow! Thank you. It's a small world, isn't it?"

The man was wearing a simple black suit and tie with white shirt and must have been gearing up for his performance tonight at World Cafe Live in Philly tonight.

Appreciate a living legend.[/b]

A musical genius and one of my personal heroes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Not sure if a musical legend bumping into somebody that happens to be a fan indicates that the world is a small place (I mean it's not exactly a "Your name is Allen Toussaint!? Wow--my name is Allen Toussaint, too!" type situation), but I guess he's just very humble.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    6 decades of greatness

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Not sure if a musical legend bumping into somebody that happens to be a fan indicates that the world is a small place (I mean it's not exactly a "Your name is Allen Toussaint!? Wow--my name is Allen Toussaint, too!" type situation), but I guess he's just very humble.

Yeah, and I'm thinking, more than anything, he was surprised that a passer-by in a different city than his own would recognize his face, etc.

It was the moustache that gave him away.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    6 decades of greatness

An artist that's never stopped making great music--I have a New Birth Brass Band session that he produced in the late nineties, and which was released on a label that he had at that time, and it is excellent: