Comic Nerds NRR

edulusedulus 421 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Preacher Series to be developed for HBOhttp://www.tv.com/story/7323.html?tag=headlines;title;4Mark Steven Johnson, the writer-director behind comic adaptations Daredevil and the upcoming Ghost Rider, is writing the pilot, while Howard Deutch is attached to direct. Johnson also wrote Grumpier Old Men, which Deutch directed.probably two of the worst comic adaptations ever, now going to attempt to adapt one of the greatest comic series ever.

Comments

• what a quality comic (sorry, I mean 'graphic novel') but yo I don't think this could ever be made into a film. Too much crazy shit goes down. Dude living underwater in a wooden box for a month? like to see someone film that

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    How the fuck does that dude continue to get work?! It's more baffling than Uwe Boll's steady stream of flicks post-German tax loophole closing.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I find it hard to believe that HBO would sign off on this. With that Duane Cook comic dude and canceling "Deadwood," HBO seems to be floundering quite a bit.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Has HBO had a big hit outside of Tourgasm or Entourage that's debuted in the last four years (Wire started around 2002)? It looks like everything else has just sorta bombed or was a critical darling with a niche audience and a huge budget. I'd rather HBO just drop Preacher now instead of going about it half-assed like this.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i think rome was pretty money. granted it was the bbc pullin that together, but it was on HBO?

also, i thought extras was pretty good.

tourgasm was a bunch of comics acting bitchy behind the scenes.