THE KROWN RULERS

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
How often do you guys see THE KROWN RULERS album around?I have never seen it out in the field (but I do live in Plymouth, UK) but I also don???t see it coming up on the bay that often. That said there happen to be two on eBay right now, but I???ve overspent this month and shouldn???t really bid.Just wandering is this fairly easy to get hold of in the US?

Comments

• parkz,definitely not easy to find at all. i see phanjam a whole lot more. in the last 5 years, i have found 2 copies...and thats in philly. in case you havent heard it...very very good.

i think it was reissued a year or two ago, so be weary on the bay.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    A pretty rare piece that sells consistently for $80+ on eBay and one I'm sure doesn't turn up often, even in Philly. Dope record, too.

• Tough one for me, I've only seen it when it came out back in the day at Tower. I got the reish from Marklatency recently. Didn't even know they reissued it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    slept on one for $40 last year... DOH!!

the live version of Kick the Ball that Cosmo posted a while back is that Pfffff.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    TSL had a bunch of sealed copies back around 2002 or so, for $12 a pop.
    I remember looking at the cover thinking, 'What the fuck are they wearing?'.

Great album.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Found an empty sleeve once in Atlanta; never had the album.

• in case you havent heard it...very very good.

I???ve only heard some short sound clips a few years ago but remember them being dope.
    I just never tried picking this album up until recently as in previous years my most of my money has gone on current hip hop release. This year is the first year my a large chunk of money has gone on old hip hop (wish it wasn???t that way though just not finding much good new stuff).

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i've only ever grabbed one (warped) copy in all the years i was digging in central jersey.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• A slept on LP for sure, I managed to grip one out of a friends collection a couple of years back after having my eye on it for a looooong time.
    I would also like to say that the "Kaos" LP from back then is good as well...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    "Kaos" LP from back then is good as well...

you mean Kaos & Mystro?

• I would also like to say that the "Kaos" LP from back then is good as well...

Luckily I???ve picked up both Kaos albums in the last month.
    The debut ???court is now min session??? I???d on tape since it dropped , but the second album ???international dope dealers??? I???d heard nothing of until it arrived in the post yesterday..
    Both albums are good but ???court is now in session??? is by far the better of the two.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I scored a couple of copies out in Japan. My hommie found a stack of deadstock around 2002... I believe he still has copies, 3150 yen, about $30... a steal.

Anyone need a trade, hit me up. Copy is MINTY FRESH.

peace.

• I would also like to say that the "Kaos" LP from back then is good as well...

Luckily I???ve picked up both Kaos albums in the last month.
    The debut ???court is now min session??? I???d on tape since it dropped , but the second album ???international dope dealers??? I???d heard nothing of until it arrived in the post yesterday..
    Both albums are good but ???court is now in session??? is by far the better of the two.

Nice I'm looking for a copy of the second LP, shame there were no 12"s released from that 1st lp...

• RobRob 10 Posts
    I remember looking at the cover thinking, 'What the fuck are they wearing?'.

Great album.

I found 44 copies in March of 2000 and priced them $18.

It took over 2 years for those copies to sell out. Over the years it seems like people increasingly need to be told a record is good on some website before it becomes "in-demand".

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Over the years it seems like people increasingly need to be told a record is good on some website before it becomes "in-demand".

a well known phenomenom...

• Over the years it seems like people increasingly need to be told a record is good on some website before it becomes "in-demand".

the soulstrut factor

• DWGDWG 334 Posts

I found 44 copies in March of 2000 and priced them $18.

Dammit. I was $6 out... my memory's failing me.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Over the years it seems like people increasingly need to be told a record is good on some website before it becomes "in-demand".

the soulstrut factor

Unless you're from Philly or Camden.

But teh Lp was never really that easy to find even back then. I remember Funk-O-Mart had a run of these years ago (that's where I got MINES.)