Presents you'd like to get for the holidays...

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I'd like some of these I usually make a wish list but right now all I have on it are the headphones and the book "our song could be your life" (i think that's what's it's called) New vinyl would be nice as well. What are you guys/gals asking for? Maybe I can steal some of your ideas for gifts for myself as well as gifts for others.

Comments

• nice and simple...

• are you familiar with those headphones? i like them because they don't weigh anything and they're pretty much like earplugs that play music. but the casing around the wires is extremely thin. after a month they wore right through to the wires in one spot--i think from just rubbing around with other shit in my pockets. i also can;t believe that something like that isn't particularly bad for the hearing. maybe try before you buy (or ask)

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

are you familiar with those headphones? i like them because they don't weigh anything and they're pretty much like earplugs that play music. but the casing around the wires is extremely thin. after a month they wore right through to the wires in one spot--i think from just rubbing around with other shit in my pockets. i also can;t believe that something like that isn't particularly bad for the hearing. maybe try before you buy (or ask)

exact same story but TWICE. PHUCKING TWICE. read the reviews on amazon, these are among the world's best headphones....if they survived. they are not durable beyond 3 months. its a wonder there hasn't been a class action suit against them, with so many documented failures. i returned these headphones (the second time after they melted again) and paid the difference of $50 to upgrade tothe shure e2cs. best decision ever. and they have a 2 year warranty. and they rock if u take the subway, block every sound out.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    [quote
    are you familiar with those headphones? i like them because they don't weigh anything and they're pretty much like earplugs that play music. but the casing around the wires is extremely thin. after a month they wore right through to the wires in one spot--i think from just rubbing around with other shit in my pockets. i also can;t believe that something like that isn't particularly bad for the hearing. maybe try before you buy (or ask)
    exact same story but TWICE. PHUCKING TWICE. read the reviews on amazon, these are among the world's best headphones....if they survived. they are not durable beyond 3 months. its a wonder there hasn't been a class action suit against them, with so many documented failures. i returned these headphones (the second time after they melted again) and paid the difference of $50 to upgrade tothe shure e2cs. best decision ever. and they have a 2 year warranty. and they rock if u take the subway, block every sound out.

see this is what I'm talking about...I just read a review on them and saw that they were cheaper than the shure headphones....but if they don't hold up what's the use...I'll have to check them out....good lookin out...see I found this thread very helpful

• I'd like some of these

I usually make a wish list but right now all I have on it are the headphones and the book "our song could be your life" (i think that's what's it's called) New vinyl would be nice as well. What are you guys/gals asking for? Maybe I can steal some of your ideas for gifts for myself as well as gifts for others.

i have those and there's no problems so far as i can see. it's important to listen at a lower spl then you would think b/c they isolate outside sound and can be bad for your hearing. the shure ones are great, too.

here's my request for the holidays:

but first, a bigger apartment so i can re-wire my studio in a more logical way.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

or something similar.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Are those Sonys the MDR-EX-71-LPS? Only, I have their pre-cursors, the 70-LPS, and they have lasted me over five years of daily use. Do you use the littel carry case/ear bud protector case they came with? I'd never carry them in my pocket without this because surely you'd get lint and shit all over the rubber ear bits?

Unbeatable value for money.

Oh, yeah, Dear Santa, "The Wire" DVD set, or Russ Meyer "Vixen" DVDs.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

"I want peace on earth and goodwill toward men."