YAY AREA ANCHORPEOPLE (FORMERLY TOP 5's !) (NRR)

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
do we do these anymore?LEMON BARS1) finding out my camera has a long shutter option2) renting HBO series on dvd (Big Love, check. Carnivale, next)3) anchorwoman I CANT STAND finally resigned!4) photos of ferris wheels5) finally learned how to screenprintBEHIND BARS1) i have been on my longest streak of homebodyness lately (which i don't mind), but in turn makes it harder to see friends as often (which i do mind). that's itedit reason:*post title changed to reflect the overall direction of this thread

Comments

• 3) anchorwoman I CANT STAND finally resigned!

blasphemy!

*cough* *cough*

but I rank these dudes a little higher

Sal Castaneda is a douche bag though

• I just hate the way Leslie goes down in register...tho it always makes me laugh.

• How old is Leslie??? She's been around since I was a young youth.

Cryogenically frozen news anchors abound.

• I just hate the way Leslie goes down in register...tho it always makes me laugh.

that's exactly why i can't stand her. serg said her delivery is like "watching a robot malfunction"

leslie quit because the station didn't have her back when the oak tribune wrote a column mocking her fucked up style. she says she is moving to colorado to do a documentary about the 'state of the news today'

HAHAHAHAHAHA

• If you ain't down with KTVU you ain't down with the Bay.

Are you looking for news with an attitude? Somebody queue up the Kent Brockman Actions New clip.

"The Pope died..... his hair."

• my boyfriend interned at KTVU out of college and has a bunch of stories. he would bring them the stuff they had to read, pull stock images and video for stories etc "find me video of a girl skipping in front of the bay bridge". the woman he worked with warned him not to talk to dennis richmond and to give him his stories at the exact time, not too early, not too late. he is a really serious and unfriendly man

he said it was funny seeing them get ready. they put on their makeup themselves, in their cubicles.

• 3) anchorwoman I CANT STAND finally resigned!

blasphemy!

*cough* *cough*

Sal Castaneda is a douche bag though

I'd replaced Dennis with Ross McGowan the morning dude.

I once saw him interview Maureen Dowd once though and he was blushing and flirting like crazy. It was kind of uncomfortable/funny. "Maureen, you're very charming."

• the woman he worked with warned him not to talk to dennis richmond and to give him his stories at an exact time, not too early, not too late. he is a really serious and unfriendly man

That fits his screen persona perfectly. Does he throw a fit if he doesn't get his morning danish?

Here's a bit from his Wiki-

"On camera he is very professional, however at times he has been reported to be flamboyant and flashy. He wears lots of jewelry, "more than Elaine [his co-anchor]"[1] he once quipped."

• If you ain't down with KTVU you ain't down with the Bay.

Are you looking for news with an attitude? Somebody queue up the Kent Brockman Actions New clip.

hahaha, i'm not sure if you're serious or not but my main gripe about leslie is that she would kind of editorialize in her delvery. if she was telling a tragic story she would immediately put this stupid unhappy face on and sigh every other word to express her disappointment. if it was good news, she raised her eyebrows ridiculously high, have this stupid shit eating grin on and her eyes would widen. she sucks and tries too hard. it's all about Sara Sidner

• I remember seeing Ross McGowan on KPIX waaaaaaaaay back in the day ("People are talking"?). I think I would see that as a little 4 year old with my mom. Good times.

I love how Ross totally fucks with Sal Castaneda during the morning show. I wonder if this is part of their schtick or if Ross completely believes he's a fuckhead. I did recentley see Castaneda at Crepevine on Irving street, he suprisingly had a good looking broad with him.

I think I like Dennis Richmond even more knowing that dude is baaaaaaaaaaaallin'.

• the woman he worked with warned him not to talk to dennis richmond and to give him his stories at an exact time, not too early, not too late. he is a really serious and unfriendly man

That fits his screen persona perfectly. Does he throw a fit if he doesn't get his morning danish?

Here's a bit from his Wiki-

"On camera he is very professional, however at times he has been reported to be flamboyant and flashy. He wears lots of jewelry, "more than Elaine [his co-anchor]"[1] he once quipped."

him and elaine coral did not get along. same with leslie. i've seen him give her dirty looks during the broadcast. "i can't fucking stand you" looks. anyway, my co-worker saw him at an aimee mann concert at the fillmore once, walked past him and did a double take. when she looked at him the second time, he had this smirk and nodded as if to say, "yep, i am dennis richmond"

• I think I like Dennis Richmond even more knowing that dude is baaaaaaaaaaaallin'.

You know Dennis hates working with them honkies.

• O'RLY?

He's married to a white woman.

• when she looked at him the second time, he had this smirk and nodded as if to say, "yep, i am dennis richmond"

Brilliant!

• Sara Sidner is kinda flaaaaaamez. And Chuy Gomez has a very funny crush on her. When Dwele "I Love You" first came out, he kept playing it on his morning show, over and over, and talking to Sara Sidner over it. It was hilarious.

Re: Sal Castaneda: I refer to him as "The Traffic Muppet." Tell me that doesn't fit.

Side story: my ex-girlfriend's best friend was e-dating through Match.com a few years back and ended up on a date with...Sal C. Bummer all around.

Side story #2: when my wife was in high school, she worked as a waitress and Dennis Richmond would always come in. She says that he's a large man (NO AYO, P*TRICK) and that he's a big tipper, too.

BTW, this is how I picture Dennis Richmond's pad:

• BTW, this is how I picture Dennis Richmond's pad:

I was thinking that same anecdote you told me, R*SS.

Speaking of "Crush's" and "KMEL". I finally saw what Sauna G. looked like...

till the wheels fell off

• him and elaine coral did not get along. same with leslie. i've seen him give her dirty looks during the broadcast. "i can't fucking stand you" looks. anyway, my co-worker saw him at an aimee mann concert at the fillmore once, walked past him and did a double take. when she looked at him the second time, he had this smirk and nodded as if to say, "yep, i am dennis richmond"

hahaha thats kind of cool that dennis richmond is down w/ aimee mann.

btw was this thread about top5's or about KTVU and dennis richmond?

"i can't fucking stand you" looks.

dennis richmond is yoked, i would not mess with dude.

• my boyfriend interned at KTVU out of college and has a bunch of stories. he would bring them the stuff they had to read, pull stock images and video for stories etc "find me video of a girl skipping in front of the bay bridge". the woman he worked with warned him not to talk to dennis richmond and to give him his stories at the exact time, not too early, not too late. he is a really serious and unfriendly man

he said it was funny seeing them get ready. they put on their makeup themselves, in their cubicles.

man that's too bad. though I always sorta suspected dude was mean.

I miss Malou Nubla!

I miss Malou Nubla!

Man...that's my homegirls cousin! Me and my other knucklehead high school friends would always try to sneak over to her crib when she would have family reunions just to see old girl (She dates some real cornball dudes...). She also has a sister that did some anchorhosting as well, but I've never really seen her with my own eyes.

IMO: She's alright, but there's something real boring and generic about her.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    my boyfriend interned at KTVU out of college and has a bunch of stories. he would bring them the stuff they had to read, pull stock images and video for stories etc "find me video of a girl skipping in front of the bay bridge". the woman he worked with warned him not to talk to dennis richmond and to give him his stories at the exact time, not too early, not too late. he is a really serious and unfriendly man

I miss Malou Nubla!

Co-sizzle!

I think there's something fantastic about balleriffic news anchors. It's like perfect validation of Kent Brockman and Ron Burgandy.

• btw was this thread about top5's or about KTVU and dennis richmond?

um...top 5's

i think i hijacked my own thread...

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

I have always loved this man.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I have always loved this man.

AYO............

Shazi Khan.........

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    5)Just copped the Glow-In-The-Dark Dunks

4)I'm not gonna cop the Jay-Z White Album

3)Makin Turkey Chilib w/ the leftovers

2)Heard a Journey/MJ Bille Jean mashup @ the club(205)that was lava

1)Discovered Wet-Ones as the post-coital necessity

• I have always loved this man.

Word on the street (my friend's roommate) said that Dennis and Rae have a few things in common.

You can't see it in this picture, but she usually looked like she put twice as much eyeliner under one eye as compared to the other one. Well, you can kind of see it. Her right eye (her right) goes all the way across and the left doesn't. It always looked really bad, maybe that's because they do it themselves in a cubicle.

• Wasn't this thread about 5s?

• You can't see it in this picture, but she usually looked like she put twice as much eyeliner under one eye as compared to the other one. Well, you can kind of see it. Her right eye (her right) goes all the way across and the left doesn't. It always looked really bad, maybe that's because they do it themselves in a cubicle.

Yeah, I remember that but hasn't that been a more recent thing? I don't remember her having that eyeliner problem years ago. Weird.

• Y'all forgot about the Asian Heather Locklear...

Remember this?

Terilyn Joe Throws Produce at Workers with Chainsaws

• lol, my ex girlfriend went to school with Terilyn...she used to always get pissed when she would appear on screen...I think she was slightly mad doggie about her TV success. Didn't last too long tho, as your example shows she had a reputation as an "ice queen".

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    *cough*