legal strut...how many laws did I break?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Ok here is the situation.I ordered a $$$ money record from a dealer. He emailed me asking if I had recieved yet, I hadn't. I reviewed his shipping info and noticed I typoed my delivery address.I went to said address. It was an apartment occupied by a skinhead with American flags all over the door. He didnt seem to interested in helping me out, I asked if he would call me when he got the package, he said "yeah, I will" but closed the door in my face before I could give him the number...I figured I aint gonna get this record if it gets in his hands. So today I waited down the block from his pad and waited until the mailman had come and gone. I knocked on his door a few times and he never answered. I plunged my hand in his maibox and felt a 45 box! I snagged it and high-tailed out of there. The only folks across the street are 2 bars which werent open. So I dont think anyone saw me. If this record wasnt so damn hard to come by and wasnt so expensive I wouldnt have done something this stupid.needless to say it added some excitement to my day.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    best post ever.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    You did the right thing.

• You did the right thing.

awesome.

maybe this is payback for your UHAUL day;)

• awesome.

Not quite. You need to go back and urinate on the mans door handle.

Not quite. You need to go back and urinate on the mans door handle.

I weas going to suggest taking a shit in his mailbox...

in a mailbox...[/b]

• Breaking laws is OK as long as it results in a great story.

• good one.

ok, i'll go ahead and ask what everyone is thinking...

what record was it?

• Breaking laws is OK as long as it results in a great story.

• good one.

ok, i'll go ahead and ask what everyone is thinking...

what record was it?

velcome back, hoe-bag.

VEEP VIP VEEP

• handled like a pro...

• oh yeah- phonicles is sure a pro handler

ps-most, i want my rekkids back!

• it was Cutty Sark "Dusty/Night of the Phantom" an instro version of Cresa Watson/Mark II's or Carolyn William's(depending if you have the Charay or Philips issue) tune "Dead", but with these crazy heavily reverbed bongos added to the mix. It is on a Charay subsidiary label called Zuma(which I didnt know exsisted until recently). The flip is really cool also.

• is this a tx record? any relation to the tx Zuma label w/ soul patrol, it lists Softcharay Music as publ?/license?

related no?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    fucking with the mail is a federal crime son

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    You did the right thing.

• fucking with the mail is a federal crime son

so is fucking w/ another mans wax.

• is this a tx record? any relation to the tx Zuma label w/ soul patrol, it lists Softcharay Music as publ?/license?

related no?

yes, I had never seen a copy of the Soul Patrol on Zuma(only the Shamley issue) in the real world...but yes, same label. For some reason it went right past me that this is the same Zuma.

It took me leaving Texas to finally find a record on Soft also.

This version of "dead" is about 30 seconds longer than all other versions I know of.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    it was Cutty Sark "Dusty/Night of the Phantom" an instro version of Cresa Watson/Mark II's or Carolyn William's(depending if you have the Charay or Philips issue) tune "Dead", but with these crazy heavily reverbed bongos added to the mix.[/b]

That schitt sound like it's bananas!

• ha, great story.

i dont know if you violated any federal laws because you didnt steal anyone's mail. i'm not familiar with "postal law" but i can't imagine that it would be a federal crime to open someone else's mailbox. more likely, you could be criminally prosecuted by the state for violating laws against trespassing. the skinhead might be able to sue you under similar state civil laws, but he wouldn't because he didnt suffer any damages.

i think you are in the clear.

• what...skinheads can't feel the funk? hahaa....nice work!

• ha, great story.

i dont know if you violated any federal laws because you didnt steal anyone's mail. i'm not familiar with "postal law" but i can't imagine that it would be a federal crime to open someone else's mailbox. more likely, you could be criminally prosecuted by the state for violating laws against trespassing. the skinhead might be able to sue you under similar state civil laws, but he wouldn't because he didnt suffer any damages.

thanks for the info, I have been thinking about it today.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Breaking laws is OK as long as it results in a great story.

That was the first thing they taught me in law school.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    what...skinheads can't feel the funk?

I thought we were going to be testing that hypothesis via folks infiltrating that white supremacist message board. Anything ever come of that?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I tried to register, but they never cleared my access to posting.

It's obviouly because I'm too black!

• HAHAHAHA. thats gangsta! peace, stein. . .

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Damn! That had all the makings of some unbelievable comedy at the expense of some racist assholes.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    ha, great story.

well stealing the mail is a federal crime, but so is alot of shit. You would have to be caught by some real asshole to get any real charges put up. But fuck that man, you paid for it, i would have done the same thing in a heartbeat. No lyrnd skynard bumping, pabsts blue ribbon drinkin, confederate flag wearing mo fucka gonna keep some shit i rightfully paid for. If i couldn't intercepted that shit at the door, i would do a b & e to retrieve my shit at later date.

• "I'LL CALL YOU."

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Damn! That had all the makings of some unbelievable comedy at the expense of some racist assholes.

I know, I know. I was excited as fuck, imaging myself like Borat talking to those redneck racist dudes.