Mp3 Request: Babu "Comprehension"

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
YES!Maaan, if anyone has this plaese to upload. This thing has been long out of print and I must of listened to my O.G. tape copy a couple of hundred times. Seriously a fresh-ass mixtape and the beats by Kan Kick on the flip are some tightests beats I've ever heard. Like seriously on the level of some classic Pete Rock schitt.If anyone knows if this has been re-pressed on CD holler...otherwise I'll take a ripped version.thanks in advance

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Do you still have your copy of the cassette?
    I have one and I think I know how to convert to mp3.
    I'll try to up it tonight.

• THANKS

• I'mma name my first child after you. Seriously....this is going to be bigger than the Clipse album.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    time to knit kankick an extra large kufi to fit fi natty dread dem.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    THANKS

Wierd, someone mentioned this on another board today, I was just thinkin' I need to hear it again.

CLASSIC.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    LOL I forgot how WTF the B-side is.

• thanks for this. i think i threw my copy in the garbage

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    best mixtape ever?

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    THANKS

I'm partial to Babu's side.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    best mixtape ever?

it's up there.

there's one out before this that babu did that is pretty slick too. not as compostional, but pretty fresh none the less. i think it was called "straight from babs lab".

• Anyone wanna re-up some Rip-One mix-tapes (DAY?!?!?). If these, like the Babu, where on CD I'll glady buy them again.

What about J-Rocc's "Breaking Atoms"? Rhettmatic & J-Rocc "Dynamic Duo"?

and not be a jerk, but I got J-Rocc "Taster's Choice #2" and it was .

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    best mixtape ever?

it's up there.

there's one out before this that babu did that is pretty slick too. not as compostional, but pretty fresh none the less. i think it was called "straight from babs lab".

To me its between "Comprehension" and Shortkut's "Reconstructed Elements", which I lent to a friend and never saw again, so if anyone can post that I will send their kids to college, or something. Thanks serch, can't wait to DL when I get home.

J-Rocc "Taster's Choice #2" and it was .

Really? Plaese to lend to your mans and 'em. I've been curious about that series ever since it dropped but I'm too lazy to order it online, even though that's kind of an oxymoron.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Anyone wanna re-up some Rip-One mix-tapes (DAY?!?!?).

Maaaaan, I don't even want to think about it. I finally had all the old tapes converted and lost pretty much all of them when my HD crashed.

yay.

• [Shortkut's Reconstructed Elements,

Oh SNAP! YES! That is definetly a classic. I remember back in the winter of 98 (which was a real fucked-up time for me) that tape held me down. I remember going down to the basement of Zebra records and buying it(15$?!???!). I think Hairy Belafonte might have his copy. Not only was there some good music on it but it was also flawless in execution.

let le..let..le...me show ya my breakbeat collection[/b]

Break Builders Vol. One is another personal classic. According to Zeph they did that shit live which is something noteable since mixing live music can be kind of difficult to do. Plus it was filled with good cuts, nice doubles, and just a strong selection. I can't say that about to many multi-tracked type mixes of that style.

[Shortkut's Reconstructed Elements,

Oh SNAP! YES! That is definetly a classic. I remember back in the winter of 98 (which was a real fucked-up time for me) that tape held me down. I remember going down to the basement of Zebra records and buying it(15$?!???!). I think Hairy Belafonte might have his copy. Not only was there some good music on it but it was also flawless in execution.

let le..let..le...me show ya my breakbeat collection[/b]

Yeah I wore that tape the fuggout. I would really really like to hear it again. That Biz quote into the Jimmy Smith drums, ooowwweee!

Break Builders Vol. One is another personal classic. According to Zeph they did that shit live which is something noteable since mixing live music can be kind of difficult to do. Plus it was filled with good cuts, nice doubles, and just a strong selection. I can't say that about to many multi-tracked type mixes of that style.

Yes and yes, the poor man's Brainfreeze.

• yay

sqratchez

waaaaaaaahhhhhh

beep

run it

All of those mixtapes are/were cool but I prefer Rob Swift's mixtapes (Soulful Fruit and the other jawn with the burgundy cover).

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    hold up guys..comin your way

j-rocc - breaking atoms

j-rocc & rhett - dynamic duo

shortkut - reconstructed elements..

takes bit coz i only have a 75kb/s upload rate

ait..
    j-rocc - breakin atoms

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LWOEUORY

• p*tty,

why you being lazy? you know you got most these joints, but prob just cassette. i think i still have your typed-out, 2 page listing of all the mix-tapes you have, back when me, you and d*y was clowning in the aol hip-hop chats.

j-rocc & rhett - dynamic duo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PL7C2IUK

i know megaupload sucks but rapidshare has a 100meg file size limit..

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    melo d - classic sound

this is from 2004, super duper clean mix.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=3b8ed30a93ec21bb5ffd4630ec199d6d

i hope the dloads work
    i hope them lurkers leeched everything :P

• p*tty,

why you being lazy? you know you got most these joints, but prob just cassette. i think i still have your typed-out, 2 page listing of all the mix-tapes you have, back when me, you and d*y was clowning in the aol hip-hop chats.

You must have me confused with somebody who took care of his tapes.

WOW! DL city when I get home, thanks!

• Thanks a lot, everybody. I've got that Q-bert tape where he breaks down "Tom Sawyer" somewhere. I'll post up some files when I find it.