Real v. Real #2058960

2»

Comments

• BigBBigB 30 Posts
    Maybe I hate seeing the status quo reinforced.

Maybe I'd like to see an end to soul-crushing poverty.

Maybe I was expecting more than just showbiz as usual.

Maybe I was expecting rappers in positions of power to shake things up.

Maybe that will happen still.

Maybe we just want to be entertained a bit before we die... and with that I hope I provided you with enough of a reason for fun anti-intellectual cheerleading, as it does seem to be the order of the day.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Can u give an example when this has happened after Melle Mel?

When a cat switched up his/her formula to "shake things up."

• Maybe I hate seeing the status quo reinforced.

Maybe we just want to be entertained a bit before we die... and with that I hope I provided you with enough of a reason for fun anti-intellectual cheerleading, as it does seem to be the order of the day.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    nah man, you're just being you

do your thing

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

*wistful sigh* But to be a Sophomore in college once again...

Thanks for taking the time to post this BigB (seriously), your effusiveness is a pleasant reminder of a time before my own sense of idealism was dismantled by the cold, steady hands of academia. Enjoy the swell of passion you get from analyzing topics like 'authenticity' while you can, if the trajectory of your education is anything like mine, your next stop will either be 'power structures in academic discourse' or 'the social construction of knowledge'. In other words, it's all downhill from here, dude.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Isn't that what makes the Strut go round... one guy says something is great, the other dismisses the opinion based on sociocultural background, then another says album sales trump all.

Anybody who's lurked here longer than a week knows that the impelling force behind the Strut's diurnal motion is ass-hurt, and only ass-hurt.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Anybody who's lurked here longer than a week knows that the impelling force behind the Strut's diurnal motion is ass-hurt, and only ass-hurt.

AYO, FALL BACK SON
    I MEAN, DON'T

WHERE'S DA MACK WHEN YOU NEED HIM? LOL

• BigBBigB 30 Posts

*wistful sigh* But to be a Sophomore in college once again...

Thanks for taking the time to post this BigB (seriously), your effusiveness is a pleasant reminder of a time before my own sense of idealism was dismantled by the cold, steady hands of academia. Enjoy the swell of passion you get from analyzing topics like 'authenticity' while you can, if the trajectory of your education is anything like mine, your next stop will either be 'power structures in academic discourse' or 'the social construction of knowledge'. In other words, it's all downhill from here, dude.

It's cool.

I'm pushin 30 and have a family - good to know I sound young and idealistic because most of the time I'm a cynical bastard whose lost most faith in humanity.

I know the Strut from lurking, it's pretty entertaining. It was a bit masochistic.. but it was funny to try something different here. What I expected.

I suppose not going to college has done a few things... one being that topics that others seem to have left behind are still of interest to me.

I'll never have it all figured out and I'm pretty happy with that - going back to lurk-mode and to my version of "authenticity".