SOFTWARE SAMPLERS Whats Working For You?

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
So, I've used Halion and Kontact (old versions) in the past and decided it wasn't working for me. The only other one I'm aware of is the MOTU Mach 5. I do all my producing in Protools so RTAs is always better, although I do have a VST to RTAS converter which works but is kinda :ehhh:I just wanted to start smacking some pads again! Please to recommend your fav's!

Comments

• I'd say give Kontakt another try, it might be a bit hard to jump into at first but it's very powerful. If you haven't tried kontakt 2 it's worth a look, a big improvement to 1.x, One of my favorite features is the dfd chop mode, you can put in a break and it automatically makes chop points (that u need to tweak) and sets the samples on the keyboard. It also has the most fx's I've seen on a soft synth. Not to mention it can import just about any sample format.

Another sampler to try might be battery, never got into it myself but it's pretty easy and great if all u do is drum sampling.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I recently switched to Kontakt 2 from a Creamware STS-4000 softsampler, and I'm very happy with it. Lots of useful features, and so far I'm not having any trouble with the interface, beyond the usual initial "where is???how do I???" that always comes with using new software.