Women's World Cup - Hot or Not?

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I swear the woman on the right looks like Freddie Kruger (nightmare on elm st.)I would be so afraid to play against either one of them.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The World Cup is hot, men or women, regardless.

Your thread, on the other hand is :nagl

• Women's World Cup is so bad... the standard is crazy amateurish. They tried to introduce it to England and had a lot of promotion about, but soon people realised that most of the teams kinda sucked in comparison to the usual standard from the mans's game.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    Women's World Cup is so bad... the standard is crazy amateurish. They tried to introduce it to England and had a lot of promotion about, but soon people realised that most of the teams kinda sucked in comparison to the usual standard from the mans's game.

Whilst it's way behind the men's game in terms of technique, and the gulf between the good teams and the rest is even wider than it is in the Scottish Premier League, one thing that can definitely be said in favour of the women's game is that there's a complete absence of the sort of ridiculous theatrics, cheating and harrassment of officials that's all too common when the game's played by men nowadays.

This is my girl's cousin, Alex Scott, who's a defender for England and Arsenal, and a cert for the World Cup squad. Quite possibly the only way you're going to see the words "a defender for England and Arsenal" used in relation to football of any sort for the foreseeable future.

• Haha, what are you talking about?, Justin Hoyte is the truth son!

Haha, what are you talking about?, Justin Hoyte is the truth son!

If Justin Hoyte gets his first England cap while he's still at Arsenal, I'll wear a Man United shirt in the Kop.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Quite possibly the only way you're going to see the words "a defender for England and Arsenal" used in relation to football of any sort for the foreseeable future.

In other news, Ronaldinho says, "Fuck the laws of physics". Again.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• I think even Ronaldinho would concede that that was an extremely lucky shot.

I think even Ronaldinho would concede that that was an extremely lucky shot.

Nah, man - he knew exactly what he was doing. The big difference is, he's about the only player in the world capable of pulling it off. Controlling it with his chest for the first touch, then, while the ball's still in the air, the turn to strike it with his right foot and put it beyond the keeper. Unbelievable.

• Some classic goals there, check one of my favourite overhead kicks from the UK, he was running away from goal too!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I'm a womens soccer fan. You should be careful, cause Christine Sinclair can kick your butt.