how they make cocaine - you tube

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    so cocaine is basically filtered gasoline? yum.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    remember that the next time somebody offers ya.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    wow
    people would never do it if they saw that

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    mamma i'm so sorry i'm so obnoxious

• wow
    people would never do it if they saw that

I doubt that.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    is all coke made like this or is this some strictly back woods type shit?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    good god

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    this is how all coke is processed in columbia. They use the gas and ammonia to make an extract out of the leaf. the extract goes away after it dries.
    a few people i knew in highschool would always say though the more it smells like gas and the more yellow it is the more pure it is
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaine
    Cocaine sulfate

Cocaine sulfate is produced by macerating coca leaves along with water that has been acidulated with sulfuric acid, or a aromatic-based solvent, like kerosene or benzene. This is often accomplished by putting the ingredients into a vat and stamping on it, in a manner similar to the traditional method for crushing grapes. After the cocaine is extracted, the water is evaporated to yield a pasty mass of impure cocaine sulfate.

The sulfate itself is an intermediate step to producing cocaine hydrochloride. In South America, it is commonly smoked along with tobacco, and is known as pasta, basuco, basa, pitillo, paco or simply paste. It is also gaining popularity as a cheap drug (.30-.70 U.S. cents per "hit" or dose) in Argentina.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    one of the more unpopular (but effective) ideas for stemming the cocaine trade is paying farmers more money to grow something else. It's worked - in limited sized experiments - in the past. Certainly, most farmers would probably be more than happy to grow and process wheat vs. cocaine if given the economic incentive.

As you can see, the processing of coca into cocaine takes a shit load of chemicals, none of it good for humans or the environment.

All these crack rappers bragging about "cooking up in the kitchen" have it ridiculously easy. Real dudes do it from scratch!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

this isn't the traditional method of making coke, this is an assembly line/cheap and unadulterated method of making it.

sex,gas, and rock n roll for now on.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

All these crack rappers bragging about "cooking up in the kitchen" have it ridiculously easy. Real dudes do it from scratch!

theyre talking about cooking crack.

I am aware of this. I'm just saying, is cooking crack really that hard? These dudes make it sound like they're putting in hard labor. Doing what? Boiling coke and baking soda in a pyrex bowl? It takes more effort to make my daughter's oatmeal in the morning.

(Note: not having tried to make crack before, I can't really speak from experience).

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    From Everything2.com: Thus cocaine was a popular ingredient in wines, notably Vin Mariani. Coca wine received endorsement from prime-ministers, royalty and even the Pope. Fr??d??rick-Auguste Batholdi observed that if only he had used Vin Mariani earlier in his life, then he would have engineered the Statue of Liberty a few hundred meters higher.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Wow!!! we got a cocaine scientist among us.
    How old are you?

From Everything2.com: Thus cocaine was a popular ingredient in wines, notably Vin Mariani. Coca wine received endorsement from prime-ministers, royalty and even the Pope. Fr??d??rick-Auguste Batholdi observed that if only he had used Vin Mariani earlier in his life, then he would have engineered the Statue of Liberty a few hundred meters higher.

And let's not forget where Coca Cola got its name from.

• All these crack rappers bragging about "cooking up in the kitchen" have it ridiculously easy. Real dudes do it from scratch!

Oliver...once again showing signs of being

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    From Everything2.com: Thus cocaine was a popular ingredient in wines, notably Vin Mariani. Coca wine received endorsement from prime-ministers, royalty and even the Pope. Fr??d??rick-Auguste Batholdi observed that if only he had used Vin Mariani earlier in his life, then he would have engineered the Statue of Liberty a few hundred meters higher.[/b]
    This reminds me of that joke that Eddie Griffin said on Def Comedy Jam.
    (Alexander Graham Bell related)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    one of the more unpopular (but effective) ideas for stemming the cocaine trade is paying farmers more money to grow something else. It's worked - in limited sized experiments - in the past. Certainly, most farmers would probably be more than happy to grow and process wheat vs. cocaine if given the economic incentive.

As you can see, the processing of coca into cocaine takes a shit load of chemicals, none of it good for humans or the environment.

but, we already have to subsidize american farmers cause they arent making enough money just growing lettuce and shit like that. Plus, how much dough do we need to give them to replace cocaine as a cash crop? I mean, are you gonna pay 800 dollars for a kilo of oranges?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    People are always gonna want drugs, until they dont i really dont see any way to get rid of them.

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    People are always gonna want drugs, until they dont i really dont see any way to get rid of them.

So, how is the war on drugs coming along?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

So, how is the war on drugs coming along?

Screwed up from the get go.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I can think of a lot of ways to get rid of drugs. Many of them would include massive loss of human life, though, and probably wouldn't be a good idea. I don't think there really has ever been a "war on drugs". That's just a PR thing. I've always thought the government loves drugs because they keep people docile and they give them more excuses to jail people. Drugs keep the machine going.

peace

h

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

I think you need to distinguish between coca and cocaine. Lots of products included coca, which is not regulated like cocaine. It is, for example, freely available in Peru.

but, we already have to subsidize american farmers cause they arent making enough money just growing lettuce and shit like that. Plus, how much dough do we need to give them to replace cocaine as a cash crop? I mean, are you gonna pay 800 dollars for a kilo of oranges?

Dude, raw coca doesn't sell for 800 a kilo.

Regardless, subsidizing farmers to grow a different crop is not a cheap endeavor obviously, but look at how much we spend on the "drug war" in every other area. If you do the math...

That said, supply-side interventions is always a tough route to go (like like demand-side is much better either). Personally, I think decriminalization or legalization may be the only thing that makes sense in the short run. Look at Afghanistan - we invaded, took out the Taliban and now it's Poppy Heaven out there. If we can't even control the production of opium poppies as an occupying force (albeit an undermanned and overwhelmed one) then it seems unlikely that we'd really be able to eradicate the production of drug crop (though the Taliban seemed quite efficient at it...benefits of Draconian governments I assume).

• one of the more unpopular (but effective) ideas for stemming the cocaine trade is paying farmers more money to grow something else. It's worked - in limited sized experiments - in the past. Certainly, most farmers would probably be more than happy to grow and process wheat vs. cocaine if given the economic incentive.

neither does orange juice

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

You've obviously never been to Whole Foods.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

You've obviously never been to Whole Foods.

Fuck that

Trader Joes got that Rock smoothie piff

bring your american express

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    If we can't even control the production of opium poppies as an occupying force (albeit an undermanned and overwhelmed one) then it seems unlikely that we'd really be able to eradicate the production of drug crop (though the Taliban seemed quite efficient at it...benefits of Draconian governments I assume).

It is not in the United States best interests to stem the flow of opium/heroin. The Taliban actually gave a fuck (draconian/tyranny/religious reasons). The peonage of Afghanistan will more likely to be "shutting the fuck up" if they get their drug money easy. In addition, the money that flows out of Afghanistan and into other countries as the sale of opium and heroin indirectly stimulates Western economies via money laundering, purchasing of luxury items with drug money, and investing dirty money in businesses and the stock market. The NYSE is not up to 12,000 by accident. War profiteering and drug money fuel the US. It's not all that manufacturing and light industry (ha) popping off in the US.

PS Making crack cocaine is not rocket science, but it is time consuming cutting it properly.

Fuck that

Trader Joes got that Rock smoothie piff

bring your american expressblack card

• is all coke made like this or is this some strictly back woods type shit?

i'm sorry but that just seems like a whole lot of labor for a relatively small amount of coke/coca, etc. but maybe i'm just lazy.