GRANDDADDY I.U. interview @ halftimeonline.com

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
http://halftimeonline.com/sickwidit/grand-daddy-iu/Pretty entertaining interview... some funny schitt here

Comments

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Great stuff!

Smooth Assassin is a really good album.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Halftimeonline: What???s been the biggest lesson you learned in the hip hop game?

Grand Daddy I.U.: The biggest lesson I learned was don???t trust any of these industry motherfuckers. All of them are snakes. The artists, the execs and especially the A&Rs. That and save your money. All the chains and all that is fine but it don???t pay the bills once the records stop selling.

Halftimeonline: What did you think about Cam???ron using the ???Something New??? beat?

Grand Daddy I.U.: I wasn???t mad at that. The only thing I was mad at was the nigga Boola that did the track. He called me up like yo we gonna try and get you on a ???Something New??? (remix) with Cam???ron. I was like cool. He was like what???s the name of that sample? So I told him and next thing I know niggas called me like yo you heard the new Cam???ron shit? I was like this nigga. He was calling me like yo you know the name of this sample and that sample. I was giving him records and all that. He did that shit and after that his numbers were changed. He was calling me everyday asking me questions cuz he was producing for Dame Dash and them but he didn???t know a lot of records and then he snaked me on that.

• ^^^^^
    Boola is in the latest "Scratch" mag and comes across as a major little dude, even to a little dude like me!

That's a pretty shitty thing to do to someone!

• ^^^^^
    Boola is in the latest "Scratch" mag and comes across as a major little dude, even to a little dude like me!

That's a pretty shitty thing to do to someone!

dudes have tried that same kind of schitt with me so many times i can't even count... standard record bizness procedure, unfortunately

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Paulie Goggles where???s my money at?

• he said "Soul Touch" is one of his least favorites. I love that song. When he says "I even got soul in my pee-nis" it cracks me up everytime. It's so ridiculous that he said that, but i laugh everytime.

If you read This interview and the George Du Bose interview (I think it was in grand slam) it sounds like I.U. is a tough dude.

I love Smooth Assassin. Solid album.