Moving on, scaling back.

13»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

NO ONE QUITS DIGGING IF THEY ARE FINDING RECORDS.

• NO ONE QUITS FINDING RECORDS IF THEY ARE DIGGING.

• In the future, can we BAN these "goodbye crate digging" threads? They're twice as tedious as people running unidentified photos of obscure people!

Apologies to anybody who ain't feelin' that sentiment, but if you're considering scaling back and moving on, don't be gettin' all high-and-mighty on us with all this junior-high philosophy, just sell the damn collection and get on with your lives!

Hell, I slowly moved away from comic books around age 12, and you can bet your sweet ass I wasn't making one of those "comic-books-or-life" choices, it just kinda gradually happened.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This is not a joke guys, I mean, I've totally been checking my local record shop for Boscoe every week for like a whole year now and I still have not found it. I'm starting to think the crate diggin' lifestyle might not be working for me. I feel lost and confused. I think I might make one last effort and go post in the classifieds here and see if anyone has a sealed or better copy they will trade me for a Mike Longo on Groove Merchant. Wish me luck.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Anyone else scaling back their buying these days? Has anyone actually given up the game/quest/hustle to pursue more in life?

I wanna hear those stories, especially since I've been really cutting back and barely digging (compared to 3 years ago, etc).

^^^ My initial post was to draw out stories and examples about MOVING ON and SCALING BACK. Thanks to all for the insightful posts, and I'm glad I'm not the only one with limited time to hit spots on the weekly. There's always lunchbreaks, though.

All you hardcroe folks need to start your own thread, maybe something like "Diggers for life, only the strong survive." (get that Boscoe, Crinky!)

And yes, I would post in that thread, too.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

NO ONE QUITS DIGGING IF THEY ARE NOT DIGGING IT CUZ ITS THE COOL THING TO DO.

ugh

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    The crucial moment, the one that has the power to make you a born-again-non-collectro is moving to a new place. We moved to a new house in september, and I can't still look at records and feel love for them. Packing and moving those little fuckers was a life changing experience. I've been barely buying 3 or 4 records a month ever since. I'm still fighting my record demons, but the temptation to sell 98 % of my collection is stronger every day. I need help.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    sealed or better copy

and also

• I lost the bulk of my collection last year. I'm buying, but I'm disenchanted when I see something I got for a buck going for $15 and up. I'm aggressively looking for bargains and things that I really want, whereas I would take chances in the past. As for MP3's that is basically for rap shit. Although some of the Podcast I've gotten have been

• I skipped out on BUENA today. Fuk digging. That shit is for buttholes. I got too many records and not enough money and the records I want are not at BUENA. No Odeon-Reflex. No Euro press Early Music. No Ocora Ethnic. No deep private issue white boy shit.

And to top it off lets get the frat boys out of the record world. Records are for queers, fuck-ups, drunks and okies. It always has been that way and always will be. Lets keep it that way and lets get the frat boys out of the record world. Please.

Thank you and have a great day.

And to top it off lets get the frat boys out of the record world. Records are for queers, fuck-ups, drunks and okies.

oh shit.

• AND I SAY LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY. LETS GET THE FRAT BOYS OUT OF THE RECORD WORLD.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    AND I SAY LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY. LETS GET THE FRAT BOYS OUT OF THE RECORD WORLD.

When did Frat Boys start to infiltrate and what genres are associated w/ that group?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    When did Frat Boys start to infiltrate and what genres are associated w/ that group?

Loner Folk.

Loner Folk.

A near lethal hazing is REQUIRED before you can purchase a set of Collie Ryan lp's.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

NO ONE QUITS FINDING RECORDS IF THEY ARE DIGGING

Just because it's not rare or in-demand doesn't mean it's not worth looking for.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I collect spirituality in the form of mp3s.