handroidz

waximilienwaximilien 352 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
anyone know these guys? the first shit i had out was on a london label called Apeman that pressed strictly 10"s. they had people like toshi and kudo from major force west do things for them as well as various other people from all over, but the one that always stood out to me were the handroidz who i believe were from cali (i don't have the 10" with me or i'd check the production credits). does anyone know anything about them or if they have anything else out? i only have a handful of their tracks - all on apeman, either on 10" or on the compilation they put out - but each one is excellent. it kind of reminds me of the prunes during the mowax era in that they have a distinct sound and there's just nowhere near enough material out there

Comments

• the obligatory myspace linkage

thes - am i trippin or was there mention of PUTS somewhere on the 10"? maybe as thanks/shout outs or something? i could be way off the mark and thinking of something else though

• i checked the credits last night, it definitely gives a shout to PUTS...

• I've got the 'Vanguard' track on 10"

but have not come across any of their other stuff

Good track though

• They have a track on the O.L.C. comp on Rah Rah called "What I Do" that's really nice. It was my favourite track on there.

- J

• is that recent mate? i'd be interested in giving that a look. on the basis that i've been massively into everything they've done before, i'd be likely to find a home for it amongst the crates

• I met them in 2001 when I was in LA to interview Xzibit. They where one of the dopest collective that I ever met, so tight on everything they did. I got a whole cassette of tunes they never released. Dope 90s style MPC beats with excellnet scracthes on top and lyrics by the one and only Abnorm.

Abnorm wrote lyrics for the Lyricist Lounge show on MTV.

One of them is a cousin of one of PUTS, so thats the reason why they get mentioned.

Peace
    Hawkeye