T. Janda: We hardly knew ye.

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Is it possible to know something about a bloke you've never met?I heard my first we_eat_trains mix a few years back. I remember the occasion because I was taking my winter clothes out of my wicker chest for the upcoming season and suddenly stood up straight, almost giving myself a charley horse in the process. Mr. Janda's mix was on the stereo. It was the first time I'd heard Dorando.Over the years, I've slipped through the cracks in meeting him. A missed barbeque here, a DJ night there. And tonight, as Court told me, I lost the opportunity to hear him spin for the last time in Chicago. Just fell asleep on the couch watching a Jan Svankmajer short. Closed my eyes for a second that turned into 3 hours.Damn the fortune.(Pardon the elegiac tone, but something needed to be said.)So: Mr. Janda, if you've got a minute (I live right by Six Corners), then that latin mix Court tells me about sounds like I'd need to affix my long hair with stern stuff prior to a listening. I'd like a personal copy.Are there even records in New Mexico? Of course there are (for one, look at the state abbreviation; a good omen).Chicago, share your love for one of the best mixtape men I've ever heard.