Another studio bites the dust..

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• Damn. Bearsville??!
    The Studio is truly dead.
    Years ago I was over in Woodstock and just happened into Slick Rick and Clark Kent (!!) who were recording one of Rick's albums at Bearsville.

• Damn. Bearsville??!
    Years ago I was over in Woodstock and just happened into Slick Rick and Clark Kent (!!) who were recording one of Rick's albums at Bearsville.

WHOA! wild... I'm gonna rock the Paul Butterfield joint in homage. I really want those EMT plate reverbs but i'm afraid to make an offer. Pro PRO audio dudes usually have a way of talking to younger dudes that makes me

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Damn. Bearsville??!

WHOA! wild... I'm gonna rock the Paul Butterfield joint in homage. I really want those EMT plate reverbs but i'm afraid to make an offer. Pro PRO audio dudes usually have a way of talking to younger dudes that makes me

For real man, a good friend of mine has Studio C at Fantasy Records in Berkeley, and every time I go there the grumpy old facility engineer makes a crack about kids these days and their music, always talking about how hip-hop isnt music.

Plate reverbs are pretty dope, but they're gonna sell for a pretty penny. If you've got enough of a high-end system that you can capture the magic it's well worth it though.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I am gonna play the lottery to try to get the funds to get this stuff because...wow.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts

Plate reverbs are pretty dope, but they're gonna sell for a pretty penny. If you've got enough of a high-end system that you can capture the magic it's well worth it though.

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/tapeop/plate/plate.php

Can it really be done?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it can be done but the professionally made ones are tuned for that perfect reverb sound.

I'm drooling over the OG Neuman U47 on that list, among other things.

• that's dope as hell. on a similar front, i'm wanting to hook up a theremin and there's a few other similar little things i want to try. my mellow carlo is making a whole synth, which is pretty damn sick! i'd love to mess with that but honestly, i don't fancy my chances at making happen.

• mhhhh...
    8 channel outboard rack mmmmhhh.....

Do they take human flesh as a currency?