Your Wire Questions SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
For those who've seen the season and want to rap about it, post here.But if you haven't seen the rest, DON'T LOOK!

Comments

• BODIE GOT GOT!@#!@#

Herc, your career is toast.

And whipping boy bubbles.... jeeeeezus.

Thank you for helping me get that off my chest.

• BODIE GOT GOT!@#!@#

Thank you, I got that off my chest.

BY MICHAEL!!!

i feel better now too. really i feel DEPRESSED as hell about the whole ending.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ok i already PMed herm and phill but i guess ill bring it up here too

ok, rawls finds out from valcheck that there is no way he is going to be made commissoner and that carcetti wants to make daniels commissoner. daniels goes to rawls about the bodies in the vacants and asks what should be done. rawls has no reason to help the mayor anymore really considering he has absolutely no chance of becoming commissoner (i dont know why he thought he did in the first place.)

why did he go to the mayor with the information? it makes daniels look even better and rawls look like he's even more expendable. he could have easily told them to slow things down until the new year when the murder stats would be on carcetti and come up with some bullshit investigative excuse.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    BODIE GOT GOT!@#!@#

BY MICHAEL!!!

it wasn't michael
    chris told marlo his first kill shouldnt be someone he knows and ive seen several screencaps that show the killer's face and it's definitely not michael

bodie getting killed was fucking horrible and the whole bubbles thing was fucking depressing.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    BODIE GOT GOT!@#!@#

BY MICHAEL!!!

Phil,

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Michael wasn't the shooter for Bodie.

1) Chris tells Marlo it's a bad idea for Michael's first kill to be someone he knows.

2) When Chris and Marlo visit Michael - AFTER Bodie's been shot - Marlo tells him that he has to do "one more thing." That would suggest that Michael hadn't passed the "final test" yet (i.e. killing someone).

I know it kind of looked like Michael but do we know for certain it was? I think it was some random dude.

• BODIE GOT GOT!@#!@#

BY MICHAEL!!!

So now here's my question. Maybe I missed a few seconds here. But is the subtext that michael might have ordered the arson hit on randy & his mom? I tend to think yes, because otherwise Marlo would be wary because he knew michael stood up for randy in that school fight. If so, SNAP x 1000.

BODIE GOT GOT!@#!@#

BY MICHAEL!!!

So now here's my question. Maybe I missed a few seconds here. But is the subtext that michael might have ordered the arson hit on randy & his mom? I tend to think yes, because otherwise Marlo would be wary because he knew michael stood up for randy in that school fight. If so, SNAP x 1000.

I don't think so. The show is subtle but it's not that subtle. If Michael dropped the dime, the show would make it clear that he dropped the dime.

Michael didn't sell out his friends even if he's turning to the dark side.

• I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Michael wasn't the shooter for Bodie.

1) Chris tells Marlo it's a bad idea for Michael's first kill to be someone he knows.

2) When Chris and Marlo visit Michael - AFTER Bodie's been shot - Marlo tells him that he has to do "one more thing." That would suggest that Michael hadn't passed the "final test" yet (i.e. killing someone).

I know it kind of looked like Michael but do we know for certain it was? I think it was some random dude.

Yeah I thought it was a random guy as well. Which would kind of make sense, Bodie in the end was just a pawn, so he was taken out by another pawn.

Plus michael does earn his stripes by offing a random corner dude right before the musical montage comes in.....

Bodie in the end was just a pawn

• yeah, you're right... not michael. i read somebody online saying it was michael, but i just checked again... not him. dude is still a killing machine by the end of the show, though....

yeah, you're right... not michael. i read somebody online saying it was michael, but i just checked again... not him. dude is still a killing machine by the end of the show, though....

Yeah - S5 is likely going to make Michael some major character. Which is too bad since he's, by far, the least interesting of the kids to me.

MORE DONUT!

And though I don't expect to see him back, I do hope we get to see what happens to Randy.

• Yeah - S5 is likely going to make Michael some major character. Which is too bad since he's, by far, the least interesting of the kids to me.

MORE DONUT!

And though I don't expect to see him back, I do hope we get to see what happens to Randy.

I dunno tho, the randy - cheese connection had me thinking. So many of the relationships this season revolved around paternal or mentor themes (carver-randy, bunny-namond, prez-dukie, marlo-michael) it would be interesting to keep him in the plot.

• yeah, you're right... not michael. i read somebody online saying it was michael, but i just checked again... not him. dude is still a killing machine by the end of the show, though....

Yeah - S5 is likely going to make Michael some major character. Which is too bad since he's, by far, the least interesting of the kids to me.

MORE DONUT!

TOP 5 "THE WIRE" KIDS (IN ORDER)

1. Dukie
    2. Kenard
    3. Randy
    4. Michael
    5. dude who solved the math question in class ("the dinks")

Donut's good for comic relief, that about it (nuthin wrong with that though). I ain't really diggin' bitch ass Namond.

• I ain't really diggin' bitch ass Namond.

I'm just amazed he's not dead yet. I was willing to place money on him getting offed.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah, i think by introducing cheese again, there will probably have to be some sort of randy connection with him. you also have to remember that cheese is prop joe's nephew too so that could somehow bite him in the ass also

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I ain't really diggin' bitch ass Namond.

I'm just amazed he's not dead yet. I was willing to place money on him getting offed.
    he hasn't really done anything worth getting killed over yet. sure dude fronted like he was hard throughout the season but not much beyond that. i dont think there's going to be much space in season 5 to fit in namond with bunny but who knows? for sure they will touch on randy in the group home with carver still trying for adoption.

i can see chris and snoop getting arrested for the bodies and michael and dukie stepping up to take their place

• i can see chris and snoop getting arrested for the bodies and michael and dukie stepping up to take their place

Yep.... that's what I think it's gonna be. I think this season showed you the origins of the future kingpins of B-More. Dukie's brains + Michael's muscle =

• he hasn't really done anything worth getting killed over yet. sure dude fronted like he was hard throughout the season but not much beyond that.

I thought Namond might be in for it when Kenard stole Namond's package or his mom was acting all crazy. I guess this is lightweight stuff still. He did act like a chicken shit in front of his friends in, what, the first or second episode? And michael thought he was acting like enough of a bitch to smack him around for talking about dukie.

i can see chris and snoop getting arrested for the bodies and michael and dukie stepping up to take their place

How do you think they'll make that charge stick tho? They tossed the nail gun ("nice one" herc) and nobody really saw them put the bodies there. Maybe Bunk can get the mom of that dude who got killed on the stand, but even that wouldn't really be enough to put them away.

Plus michael will need some more muscle, it's not like dukie can handle himself out there.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    How do you think they'll make that charge stick tho? They tossed the nail gun ("nice one" herc) and nobody really saw them put the bodies there. Maybe Bunk can get the mom of that dude who got killed on the stand, but even that wouldn't really be enough to put them away.

Plus michael will need some more muscle, it's not like dukie can handle himself out there.
    i don't know how, but they will get put in jail. shit always happens on the wire. marlo is destined to fall also because he's getting wreckless and now he on some whole other shit by going after joe and the greek. michael and dukie can easily form their own crew after all that shit goes down.

michael does not need more muscle. your rep preceeds anything. if michael becomes known as a cold-blooded killer, he will be feared as such. i don't think he'll have that crazy persuasive power that chris has but it aint like they really need to hide bodies anymore

• [ marlo is destined to fall also because he's getting wreckless and now he on some whole other shit by going after joe and the greek.

right. fuckin' with the greek kid will be his downfall. didn't that muthafucka see scarface???

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    snoop obviously did with that ridiculous scarface jacket that i still can't find!

• snoop obviously did with that ridiculous scarface jacket that i still can't find!

DON'T DO IT, BRIAN!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, i saw that when i googled but im not sure that's the one. i think i would look fly as fuck in something like this though:

• do it, brian. just do it

• Oh shit, they even have them in "sunset"......

EDIT: got beaten to it....

• I got you, Phill...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    so im thinking next season goes something like this

burrell airs out the dirt he has on daniels to prevent him from taking his job and saving his own ass in the process. this in turn fucks over the major crimes unit once again because they were going after marlo and still after that money trail from the barksdales. carcetti already sold out thinking he was doing it for the "greater good" so his shit is already all fucked up.

im thinking marlo kills prop joe and the co-op falls apart after that. without the co-op, the greek has no one to supply to and eventually he goes with marlo. marlo has no reason (and no way too really) to harm the greek if he is getting his supply so shit goes peacefully with them. marlo expands and completely takes over baltimore's corners only to get arrested for something or another and then michael takes over.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    yo thought i'd grab the nearest Wire thread.

here's the myspace of that waitress that McNulty fucks in 'Duck and Cover' from Season 2. if you want a piece of The Wire history on your profile, funny thing is she's a ho in real life too.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=40814236

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Just watched ep 50 on demand. BODIE NO!

What a season.... def ended up depressing as hell.