Fuck schools - Boy, 13, hangs himself

2»

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Yes, fuck school bullies. I was never pushed around physically in school, but you know the deal with high school. It was the "nerds" vs. the cocky meatheads. Students such as myself who didn't really give a shit about sports and such gelled with the videogame/anime/Monty Python/MST3K/band/art/drama club geeks. Most of the guys who would aways pick on said "geeks" were Charmin soft deep down: always had trouble at home and were most likely abused themselves, closet cases, skater posers who listened to nothing but Blink 182 and Offspring, guys who would get herpes from the same girl, spoiled rich mama's boys...all insecure losers haha

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

schools should teach ethics to their students.
    Parents should also raise their kids properly.

Agreed. This is really sad. I can say from personal experience that being bullied does affect you for the long term and it does change you... either for the good or for the bad. Either you change it or you keep the cylcle going. You can hopefully turn it around and become a stong well rounded human. Kinda like abuse victims of any kind. And its up to parents to instill ethics and understanding of all people. And there is always the small percentage of victims that cant go either way and end up like this, the worst possible way to go. Keeping in mind that were talking about kids under 12-15, its pretty difficult to figure out that you can over come it, again the need for parents guidance on that side is just as important.

I was certainly never bullied to this degree, but I can say that I was picked on, harsassed and discriminated against for my ( lack of ) religious beliefs. Most people that are subject to this treatment are usually
    "different" in some way, no??

My parents were poor but humble liberal artist hippie type growing in a 97 % mormon eniviroment of a small farm town in Utah. Going to elem. school sucked for me, no child should ever have to say Elem. was some of thier worst memories. I remember faking sick half the year by 4th grade because I dreaded being there so badly. Even before I hit kindergarten the kids in my neighborhood took my brand new daisy duke big wheel that my parents probably couldnt afford anyways and ripped all the stickers off the day I got it. Scarred for life and I could tell a lot of stories like that.

I wasnt allowed to play with peoples kids because I wasn't mormon. That is something parents are teaching thier children ( hatred, ignorance, prejudice ) I can only imagine what they told thier kids about my family. My teachers were for the most part sympathic and it a lot of cases often singled me out in a good way by being teachers pet or spending extra time with me, things like that. I spent my recess in the special ed class "voluntering my time" by hanging out with kids I knew had it worse than me.....that is turning it around, but in a way a selfish and still selfless way to feel good about yourself and do some good but you can bet the kids picked on my for that too.

I can say I learned about ignorance and tolerance at an early age and It made me grow far beyond my years long before most of my peers, and some people never get past obviously. But I am a firm believer in "it starts at home" I think hateful adults raise hateful children, and not very intelligent ones at that.

• I'm willing to bet that if those bullies had more say in what they got to do all day, they wouldn't have as much time or inclination to pick on other kids.

The problem is that kids get too much choice these days, back when I was young and at school, you did what you were told or suffered the consequences...
    Much as it is possibly not the fashionable thing to say but discipline instilled from an early age does people good, In fact this should start at home before school is even an issue.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Much as it is possibly not the fashionable thing to say but discipline instilled from an early age does people good,

Actually, that's about as fashionable as you can get on this issue. Still, I'll stick with empirical research conducted by professionals over the "... and I turned out OK" argument.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet.

News Report on a Gang of Kids that Attack a mentally challenged girl[/b]

http://www.filecabi.net/video/horribleauswe.html

Honestly, can not believe the father does not want to prosecute these fucktards.

- spidey