el_sparko appreciation post

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone else feel that when listening to Madlib's beats on the Jaylib album, it was like listening to the kind of music Bob Marley spent his life trying to make but failed?
I'm not saying Marley is terrible, but if he could play more instruments and was better at sampling i might like him more
Bob stuck to his one thing which is all good, but gets so boring, he's always using the same style loops in his stuff
Madlib just has more soul, just check the jazz records he made for proof, he even got his own album on Blue Note!
100% heat this time... prepare to cry and mutilate your own arms with blades in jealousy

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    dude this is pure gold!

I now appreciate him more than any of you other el_sparko followers

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    He needs to be controlled.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    He needs to be controlled.

You need to be controlled homes... it's like the Crying Game up in this piece...

Glad i'm appreciated though, i always knew this place had taste (ixnay on the arley-may)

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    100% heat this time... prepare to cry and mutilate your own arms with blades in jealousy

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    wrong answer

[/table]

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

I'm not saying Marley is terrible, but if he could play more instruments and was better at sampling i might like him more

Bob stuck to his one thing which is all good, but gets so boring, he's always using the same style loops in his stuff

Madlib just has more soul, just check the jazz records he made for proof, he even got his own album on Blue Note!

Um. Wow. Surely he can't be serious. If he is.........

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    *DELETED*

alright alright Marco... sheesh.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Rey what in the hayle did you do to this thread?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Open request to Strutters: Plaese not to defend Bob Marley in this thread.

Back to knowledge gems

On battling Mangoman:

I'm quick as you like, i'd whip Mangoman into tomorrow, i'm special in a good way, not in the "drool when i try to read out the alphabet" way...

On Faith Evans new album (or Amerie's new album, please el_sparko clarify):

This album is so bland, i can't even believe people go out and buy this kind of thing, i picture tacky girls listening to it before nights out, it deserves to stay on the shelf.
    Yes she has a good voice but doesn't use it in a classy way...
    it's a snooze-a-thon... . ...

"Tacky girls"
    I love it
    more plaese

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Any alias that could inspired Rey to bust out THE NUCLEAR OPTION in a fit of jealous rage must be on to something...

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

damn, i'm too slow. missed the nuclear option. the thread looks normal.

i stand by my appreciation expressed in the marley thread. i promise to buy el_sparko a balloon if i meet him.

it baffles me that the marley thread is still going strong.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    is it just me then?

this thread practically destroys my browser

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    is it just me then?

this thread practically destroys my browser

it's not goin on over here. although i think i know what you're talking about cause i think i've seen mr. reynaldo drop that on other threads (TET related).

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    el sparko is no alias. i remember when he posted up pictures of himself, he looked younger than me

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    el sparko is no alias. i remember when he posted up pictures of himself, he looked younger than me

oh man i remember that now aswell! but seriously, things like this makes you wonder:

Fuck the haters, through the years i've worn this WWMD (What Would Madlib Do) bracelet whenever i've gone digging and it's given me the inpiration for which records i pick up. It hasn't gone wrong yet, out of this batch there is a lot of good music there... especially Redbone and a couple of tracks on Walter Murphy...
    I think there might even be a few open drum hits and stabs in there too for my own beat creations. Someone told me Madlib makes his music like that too so that's a good sign.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts

Yeah, wasn't he that pasty, sickly looking kid being carried like a bride over the threshold by a larger fellow after a night of heavy drinking? He looked about 13 years old.

Yeah, wasn't he that pasty, sickly looking kid being carried like a bride over the threshold by a larger fellow after a night of heavy drinking? He looked about 13 years old.

AYO!

Nah, don't get it twisted, that picture was taken 10 seconds after i'd been played the advance of Quasimoto 1, like i said before, Madlib had the vibe going through that one, i've never smoked weed before, but i whitied just from listening to the loop beats and his rhymes.
    That's cool, still got love for this thread, i thought i was unappreciated at first, but i can see i've won you round, a balloon is a good score too...

And, for the record, it was the Faith Evans album i was talking about, ol' turkey thighs gets the bozack...

Nah, don't get it twisted, that picture was taken 10 seconds after i'd been played

AYOOOOOOOOO!

Watch your mouth, i know some record gangsters who will play you like a tuba...

• Anyone else feel that when listening to Madlib's beats on the Jaylib album, it was like listening to the kind of music Bob Marley spent his life trying to make but failed?

yeah right, that aint real. puhleaze.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    yeah right, that aint real. puhleaze.

This coming from the dude asking where he could get a funny green pimp suit? In a serious domestic violence thread???

MAD SUSPECT

• yeah right, that aint real. puhleaze.

This coming from the dude asking where he could get a funny green pimp suit? In a serious domestic violence thread???

MAD SUSPECT

motherfucker PLEASE tell me you are joking. I was being WAYYYYY TOOOO SARCASTIC in that post. I fucking ate fat frat fucks and etc who think the pimp suit shit is funny or whatever. sarcasm bro..sarcasm. but then again..you dont really know me..so it might have been hard for you(and others) to realize that.

then again..if you are continuing the sarcasm..then ha ha. if not..then now ya know.

(btw.."motherfucker" used above wasnt used it a negative way..just to clarify)

also..i peeped the article in Fader about your night in NC. glad to see a fellow Carolinian get some shine.

• Options

Maybe the _ is an ode to you? Age/Knowing ain't hard to tell.

He'll learn, hopefully.

K at the cottage.