Real Things In The World, Part II (NRR)

2»

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    It wouldn't.
    Just don't badmouth a religion for the misdoings of those people who have misinterpreted the Qu'ran. Contrary to popular belief, it is not a template for destroying everything Muslims don't agree with. This can be applied to ALL RELIGIONS[/b].
    Sorry for the delayed reply R*ch, I was eating turkey.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It wouldn't.
    Just don't badmouth a religion for the misdoings of those people who have misinterpreted the Qu'ran. Contrary to popular belief, it is not a template for destroying everything Muslims don't agree with. This can be applied to ALL RELIGIONS[/b].
    Sorry for the delayed reply R*ch, I was eating turkey.

You're right.....every religion has it's fringe lunatics......if I was an abortion doctor and I saw a Christian with an Anti-Abortion poster coming up my driveway I'd be scared shitless.

But in today's religious climate the Muslims who are misinterpreting the Qu'ran far exceed the 2 or 3 Christians who have killed Abortionists.

The fact is that there are possibly MILLIONS of Muslims who believe in and are willing to carry out a murderous Jihad against what they perceive as the evil West.

And Americans do and should fear these people.

Calling someone who shows this fear ignorant or a racist is just not fair.

Even you, someone who has taken the time to understand the religion, admit that you can't tell a "good Muslim" from a murderous one.

The reactions of the folks on this plane were normal and in my mind acceptable given the circumstances(on a plane) and today's political environment.

I contend that if someone in the U.S. wearing Muslim/Middle Eastern garb on a plane can't understand the other passengers concerns it's THEY who are ignorant.

• comparing these dudes to rosa parks is pretty fucking disgusting

comparing these dudes to rosa parks is pretty fucking disgusting

While being off the mark because it doesn't fit well as a good comparison, calling it "disgusting" is also a bit reactionary/overboard/troublesome.

• troublesome.

religion = race

It's not a good fit, you're right, but I think these dudes are getting a crazy bum rap outta this.