"Disconnected" guy actually pretty connected

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Dude in the pink shirt is johnny hooks. When he first introduced himself at the studio i figured mabye he writes hooks? But after he told me he was in the construction buisiness in jersey, it occured to me that he might be a bit more gangster than he looks on the soulstrut graemlin. Game's NJ Business Partner Charged With Laundering Money For BloodsBy Nolan StrongDate: 11/20/2006 8:13 amxmlMore trouble could be brewing for Compton, CA rapper The Game, as his business partner in the Atlantic City-based Black Wall Street East recording studio was arrested and charged with money laundering on Friday (Nov 17.)John "Johnny Hooks" Abbey, 38, was charged with laundering over $100,000 for the 9 Tre Gangsters, a dangerous faction of the Bloods street gang that is engaged in criminal activities throughout New Jersey.Police raided a house in Little Egg Harbor New Jersey and a construction company Abbey was invested in. Police also searched the offices of the Black Wall Street East, but declined to reveal if The Game, was a suspect in the investigation."The investigation has led us to various financial tools used by the gang to finance their operations and to move proceeds of their crime," state Division of Criminal Justice Director, Gregory Paw told the Star Ledger. "It was a significant issue for us to learn how they have infiltrated legitimate businesses and used sophisticated techniques to finance their endeavors."Abbey was charged with first-degree racketeering conspiracy and held in lieu of $750,000 bail. He faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted of the charges.The Black Wall Street East was launched in October of 2005 with Game, a former member a Los Angeles faction of the Bloods.According to the Game born Jayceon Taylor, other Black Wall Street facilities were scheduled to eventually open in New York, Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Chicago.In related news, The Game must appear in court on Dec. 12, to answer charges of impersonating a police officer in New York.The Game's latest album Doctor's Advocate is in

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

what should the graemlin say now?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

i dunno, i hope he beats his case though. Dude tipped me a bill when i got him some starbucks.

• what should the graemlin say now?

"Connected" obviously.

• what should the graemlin say now?

"BAAAWWWLLIIIINN'!!!"

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

John "Johnny Hooks" Abbey, 38, was charged with laundering

What shocks me is dude's age. I thought he was at least 60.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Real Bad Boys Move In Silence

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Real Bad Boys Move In Silence
    haha i like this. someone graemlin it up.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

John "Johnny Hooks" Abbey, 38, was charged with laundering

What shocks me is dude's age. I thought he was at least 60.

It's been a rough 38 for Johnny.

How about changing the graemlin to say: "Out on bail" or "I'm in construction"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    'federal agents mad cuz i'm flagrant'

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I read about this earlier this weekend and had no idea that this was the 'disconnected' dude

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yo are you sure that's the same dude?

I thought that old guy in the pic was some old music promoter or paris hilton's handler or something.

http://www.myspace.com/johnnyhooks

Btw, congrats BSides - sounds like things are going good for you.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    In the past month have you Stolen Anything: No
    Ever been Drunk: Yes
    Ever been called a Tease: No
    Ever been Beaten up: Yes
    Ever Shoplifted: Yes
    How do you want to Die: One bullet to the head

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    They're different people. The guy in the graemlin is Hilton's handler. There was a big NYT article on him some months ago.

• They're different people. The guy in the graemlin is Hilton's handler. There was a big NYT article on him some months ago.

Elliot Mintz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Mintz

• They're different people. The guy in the graemlin is Hilton's handler. There was a big NYT article on him some months ago.

Best part of the mintz entry on wiki.

Apparently wears a monocle in private.

They're different people. The guy in the graemlin is Hilton's handler. There was a big NYT article on him some months ago.

Best part of the mintz entry on wiki.

Apparently wears a monocle in private.

oh shit. My bad, i coulda sworn that was johnny hooks. Oh well.

Its not my fault though, all white people look alike anyways.

• How are both of them wearing the exact same shirt?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Its not my fault though, all white people look alike anyways.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Dude tipped me a bill when i got him some starbucks.

>>>>

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    ok, so I'm at work for like something around my hundreth hour this week and I'm looking at the disconnected guy and all of a sudden it hit me that this dude is Elliot. I've been working with him for the last 2 months.

Dudes usually a whole lot more dapper than the pink and blue stripes.

Back in the day he used to run with John Lennon

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I figured Paris Hilton had many handlers. Thank you, I'll be here all night.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    I figured Paris Hilton had many handlers. Thank you, I'll be here all night.

try the veal.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Back in the day he used to run with John Lennon

Yeh, I listened to Mintz's weekly radio show about a decade or so ago called "The Lost Lennon Tapes," which showcased the myriad personal demo tapes Lennon had around his NY Dakota estate.

Absolutely connected!

SG